BPL Community Profile

Eugene Smith (Eugeneius) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nuevo Mexico
About Me Eugene Smith has not added a biography yet.
CityLas Cruces
StateNew Mexico
CountryUSAish
My Website URLhttp://desertpaincave.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear List2 year old outdated gear list that needs to be updated badly

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eugene Smith

Showing 231 - 240 of 2594 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ...260

Forum » Thread

Re: has anyone tried to dehydrate syrup
http://www.amazon.com/Frontier-Maple-Syrup-Powder/dp/B000UYFKRY

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » has anyone tried to dehydrate syrup
February 17, 11:00am

"Thirty Days to Survival" with Paul Petzoldt
Good stuff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8zKt8btHYU

In On the Web » "Thirty Days to Survival" with Paul Petzoldt
February 14, 8:59pm

Re: Re: "Joshua Tree NP Traverse"
Dan Carter and I were jabbing about the new Montrail line of shoes the other day on our group run. I hadn't seen them yet. Montrail has been slower to market with the low drop shoe designs. ...

In Gear Lists » Joshua Tree NP Traverse
February 14, 8:55pm

"Joshua Tree NP Traverse"
Bueno. Capilene 4 beanie seems a little "heavy handed" considering the mild temps. It is also a redundant item. You have the Buff, wrap it around your Headsweats cap if needed at t...

In Gear Lists » Joshua Tree NP Traverse
February 14, 8:03pm

Re: Ride the Divide on Netflix
Ride the Divide wasn't bad IMO, but could have been much better. It was a start for bikepacking features, and hopefully someone will come around and show bikepacking in a better light. Mike D...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Ride the Divide on Netflix
February 11, 8:08pm

Re: I'm in!
I'll be with all of you in spirit. I'm sure I'll be able to feel the vibes coming from your J-Tree camp. Pour one for me. @Jacob, I hope your knee cooperates. Looking forwar...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Joshua Tree CRHT Run
February 11, 7:56pm

Re: Brendan S.
Yes, Brendan is a resident BPL badass and a great contributor here. Creative trips, consistent content, knowledgeable, well spoken....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Brendan S.
February 09, 10:01am

Re: Re: Convertible Down Blanket W/Snaps-Genius? Superfluous?
If you can effectively work it into your kit, then it's genius! I would find it fussy. It could be handy stuffed down in the bottom of a bag or quilt, stuffed around the collar region, for a l...

In GEAR » Convertible Down Blanket W/Snaps-Genius? Superfluous?
February 08, 9:16pm

Re: New 2013 Golite Gear
The 2-season (30F) EN rated bag (1lb 8oz.) with Pertex Quantum GL and the arid foot/head zone feature looks good. Pricing on the Golite bag is comparable to a Western Mountaineering Summerlite or ...

In GEAR » New 2013 Golite Gear
February 08, 2:14pm

Re: Will it hold Amphipod bottles?
Stretch pockets and and cord toggles should secure most bottles in the 12-24oz. range I would assume. @Mike, You're a steam train rolling, good to see you getting after it. If you&...

In GEAR » Ultimate Directions AK "Race" pack
February 08, 10:33am

All Reader Reviews by Eugene Smith

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
Ron had my MLD Spinnaker Monk tarp repaired and improved upon free of charge with reinforced tieouts in 1 week, from shipping to Rons' shop, sewn, and shipped back to me, one week! This would nev...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 10, 9:43pm

Golite Shangri La 1
I have owned the Golite Shangri La 1 for several months now and have used it on about 3 trips so far in the desert southwest with variable weather conditions in the mountains and lower regions. F...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
May 16, 7:20am

Western Mountaineering Megalite
I recently used the WM Megalite on a 5 day trip through the Gila with temps at night ranging from the mid 20's to the lower 40's. Light wind was present each evening and the bag and draft tub...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
April 13, 10:00pm