BPL Community Profile

Dave Heiss (DaveHeiss) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Backpacker since 1973, started going lighter in 2003
CityCamano Island
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dave Heiss

Showing 231 - 240 of 265 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

Zip update
Ron, Whatever name you decide on (I vote for Exodus), don't go too crazy changing the Zip design. A little more capacity in the main bag would be appreciated - maybe as a bigger collar - and...

In GEAR » New Pack Name Help
April 24, 6:03pm

Featherfire XL Stove
I recently bought the Featherfire XL stove, and while its a nifty little design I have not been all that pleased with it. With the airflow holes at full-open the stove burns nice and hot, and with ...

In GEAR » Simmering with alcohol stove
April 17, 7:53pm

Windshirt fit (length)
I used this year’s REI 20% off coupon to pick up a Marmot Ion windshirt, but because my local REI did not have the item in stock I had to order it sight unseen from the website. Now I know sev...

In GEAR » Windshirt fit (length)
April 03, 6:51pm

Great sun hat
Stuart, I've used a Sunday Afternoons hat for a couple of years now, and it's a pretty amazing hat. The 4" brim provides great coverage even when the sun is coming in at low angles,...

In GEAR » Sunday afternoon adventure hat
March 24, 10:08am

Serenity twins
Odd that both SMD (Serenity NetTent) and MLD (Serenity Shelter) offer netted shelters called "Serenity". The products have very similar purposes, and it's too bad their names will cau...

In GEAR » Six Moon Designs Serenity Shelter Is In!
February 20, 12:41pm

Change in specs for the Super Zip
It appears there were some errors on the MLD website regarding the Super Zip. Unfortunately (for me) the Super Zip is not any larger than the original Zip pack - and now that the original Zip inclu...

In GEAR » MLD Zip/Super Zip
February 12, 7:45pm

Tri-Ti Caldera vs Bushbuddy
The most obvious difference I see is that the Tri-Ti's don't fully enclose a wood fire - you build your fire directly on the ground and set the Tri-ti over it. So unless you're camping ...

In Multiple Use Gear » Custom Size Tri-Ti Calderas are Coming!
February 10, 9:20pm

MLD Zip/Super Zip
I’m curious if anyone here has checked out specs/photos/prototypes of the new MLD Super Zip? Ron had mentioned to me several weeks ago that his new Super Zip was going to be made from more rugged...

In GEAR » MLD Zip/Super Zip
February 05, 7:06pm

Polycro groundsheet
You might want to try a polycro sheet cut to slightly smaller than the footprint of your tent floor. You can get them from Gossamer Gear. They're quite strong and weigh almost nothing.

In GEAR » Floor Saver
January 20, 12:15am

Summerlite is a tight fit
I looked at both the WM Highlite and Summerlite last year, and both are great bags, but I chose the WM Caribou MF due to the full zip and extra circumference. I'm 6'2" and 180 lbs, so ...

In GEAR » WM Highlite vs Summerlite
January 15, 6:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Dave Heiss

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Versalite
Andrea - I'm looking forward to your opinions on the Versalite 50. I've still got that pack on my short list, and hope you can provide some input on its comfort and functionality. My only conc...

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 5:37pm

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
I also have an O2 Rainwear suit. I picked up a pair a few years ago and have been really happy with the performance, but I still wince at the screaming yellow color every time I put them on. It is def...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 26, 11:34am