Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Dave Heiss (DaveHeiss) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Backpacker since 1973, started going lighter in 2003
CityCamano Island
StateWA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Dave Heiss

Showing 231 - 240 of 287 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

Not non-stick, but almost free
I've used the pan that is left over after making Jiffy-Pop popcorn. It's not nonstick but it is a reasonable size and works pretty well if your not cooking something heavy like a steak. Whe...

In GEAR » SOLO FRY PAN
January 26, 11:53am

Sublite Tyvek
Henry, if you're still looking for input on the Tyvek version, I would like to see the front window/vent be enlarged to match the size found in the Silnylon version. That way you can have views...

In Editor's Roundtable » Tarptent Sublite Tent Review
January 11, 10:11pm

Sublite SilNylon in the snow
John, I understand you're not using the Theraband tensioners, but you've mentioned them before and I'm curious what they are and where you got them. I think my Contrail setup would b...

In GEAR » SubLite SilNylon in the Snow
December 19, 1:05pm

POE Ether Thermo 6
I recently asked Pacific Outdoor Equipment if they had any thoughts or plans to produce a mens Ether Thermo 6 pad (current name for the Max-Thermo) at a 60 or 66 inch length. They currently have a ...

In GEAR » POE Ether Thermo 6
December 18, 4:42pm

Full zip pants
Brett, Which Montbell pants are you referring to as "not enough"? I'm looking for some full zip insulating pants but don't plan to be in conditions as cold as you. So your &quo...

In GEAR » Full zip down pants?
December 15, 12:24pm

MLD - ARK
Jay, Christmas came a little early here, as I received my new ARK pack a couple weeks ago. Including the bungie cord and one medium size hipbelt pocket, the total weight of my ARK is 18oz. It...

In GEAR » Prophet 2009.
December 08, 9:45pm

Packafeather XL
Hi Darwin, I own a Packafeather XL, but I haven't used mine in the field because its flame seems to develop this rhythmic pulsing and popping that eventually makes it blow itself out. Doesn&...

In GEAR » Alcohol stove info needed
December 06, 10:48pm

MYOG Tyvek Bivy
Thanks very much Peter, but it looks like Mateusz made some changes to the original Swedish pattern (which has a top-center zip), and I think I prefer Mateusz's updated design. Mateusz - I s...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG TYVEKBIVY 02
December 04, 3:45pm

Tyvek Bivy
Wow, that's nice. I'd like to either buy or make one of those too. Would you be willing to make the pattern available?

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG TYVEKBIVY 02
December 04, 12:05pm

Tyvek Sublite
John, Thanks for your review. I own a Contrail, but like the look and weight of the Tyvek Sublite. It may not be appropriate for hiking here in the Washington Cascades, but I can still want it, ...

In GEAR » The Sublite, a Scarp 1/2
November 26, 11:35am

All Reader Reviews by Dave Heiss

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Versalite
Andrea - I'm looking forward to your opinions on the Versalite 50. I've still got that pack on my short list, and hope you can provide some input on its comfort and functionality. My only conc...

In Backpacks - External Frame
August 13, 5:37pm

02 Rainwear Rain Suit
I also have an O2 Rainwear suit. I picked up a pair a few years ago and have been really happy with the performance, but I still wince at the screaming yellow color every time I put them on. It is def...

In Clothing - Raingear
March 26, 11:34am