Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States
My Website URLhttp://westtexasmountainman.wordpress.com/

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 231 - 240 of 2126 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ...213

Forum » Thread

Re Paradox
What if next time you bolt or rivet the buckles for the hipbelt onto the frame. I bet it would be simpler then sewing and you could run the hipbelt behind the back pad so you have the extra lumbar...

In Make Your Own Gear » First MYOG Pack - The Chili Pepper
February 17, 10:52pm

Add this
I'd carry at least a small about of T.P. You may need want to use an outhouse in semi civilized areas like trailheads etc. Often they aren't stocked with T.P. I think Balls made it to mi...

In Gear Lists » Pacific Crest Trail 2014 NOBO
February 17, 9:50pm

Looks Cool
Very interesting, in a sense you've got a streamline external frame. Check out Davids article on the Paradox pack for a bigger and heavier version of this, might give you some ideas for round 2...

In Make Your Own Gear » First MYOG Pack - The Chili Pepper
February 17, 9:19pm

Update
Making what I hope will be final sketches tonight. To test the concept I took my Exped Lighting and flipped the Velcro lumbar pad down then with straps I secured a folded blue pad to the outsi...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help Us Design the Ultimate UltraLight Pack
February 17, 8:55pm

Just About There
Paul I agree, maybe it wasn't clear in the pictures but the belt is going to attach to the bottom of the stay via a pocket the stay fits into. Nicholas I noticed 1000 Cordura is only a bit...

February 17, 7:00pm

Thanks David
Yes that was a misspell, its VX42. Probably go with that then. Which one do you think has better stitch retention? We'll probably order a yard of VX 42 and a yard of 500 cordura (for the hip...

February 17, 5:37am

Re Re Re Single Harness System
That sounds like the old pack baskets used in the Northeast by trappers. I don't think Chris wants to build one of those though.

February 16, 6:11pm

Re Single Harness System
You have a point K.C. I actually have an Exped Lighting myself. For a big pack its great, I'm trying to make something a bit smaller for shorter hikes. Even with all the water I need for two d...

February 16, 4:08pm

Re Re Another Idea
The whole point of the single stay is the way it fits my lower pack. So an I shape is out. The link to David's pack page is here http://bedrockandparadox.com/2013/11/11/introducing-the...

February 16, 3:36pm

Another Idea
Just thought of another idea. What about a piece of webbing folded over and sewn across the top. If the stay channel ended in that the stay would be pushing on an 11 inch wide piece of fabric rat...

February 16, 3:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.