BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 231 - 240 of 2059 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ...206

Forum » Thread

Re Selling
Well you could also put a cheap foam pad under what you have to add some insulation. Maybe not a long term solution but it might be good to test the concept. I've used torso length pads with R...

In Gear Lists » My Gear List: Advice?
December 11, 10:00pm

Temperatures
Couple other things to consider. First its possible the weather forecast was wrong. Was there an elevation distance between your campsite and the airport? Where you in a valley. Sometimes cold ...

December 11, 5:57pm

Re Full Spectra
I was feeling a bit better so I put a few things in the pack and tried it on. First I like the hipbelt. Its stiffer and does a better job of supporting the pack then any other UL cottage pack I&#...

In GEAR » Searching for a new pack
December 11, 5:29pm

Re Re Re Thanks
Thanks Clayton. I'll probably give them a call soon and see if they can shorten it. If they can I'll seriously look into that. I love the pack but I don't see how I'd every use th...

December 10, 10:27pm

Sleeping Cold
Different people are different but being cold in a 15 degree bag at 39 seems pretty extreme. I think there is another problem. Its possible your bag is worn out. Do you store it in the stuff sa...

December 10, 9:27pm

Re Thanks
I don't know if it would help but its easy to take the stay out of the Exped and bend it to fit your back better. I really, really liked mine. A review is coming at some point. Construc...

December 10, 8:29pm

HMG Update
Just got my HMG Porter 3400 today. Due to a pulled muscle in my back I can't really comment on comfort with a load. Right now nothing feels comfortable. I can tell you the 150 d feels very...

December 10, 7:01pm

Re narrowed it down
Did HMG offer to make you a pack in dyneema or full spectra? If they did I'd be curious how much the full spectra version would cost. I have a 150 d Porter on order and it should be her...

December 09, 9:31pm

Christmas Gifts
My favorite idea is the map. With everything being digitalized its possible to customize a map. What if you customized a map of a place you planned on hiking with kid friendly symbols. Maybe sym...

In Gear Swap » WTB christmas gifts for my 5yo
December 09, 9:26pm

Tree Rats
I don't know much about tree rats but I'm careful of rodents in general. One survival expert published articles about how to trap and eat rats then learned about some nasty diseases that c...

In Other Activities » Any bowhunters here?
December 09, 7:37pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.