BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 231 - 240 of 2000 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ...200

Forum » Thread

Wish I'd seen this earlier
I wish I'd been able to read this before heading out to the Teton Wilderness and Wind River range this past summer. Its articles like this that keep me coming back to BPL. Any recommendat...

In Editor's Roundtable » Techniques for Talus
September 24, 8:07pm

Way to go
Very nice to see your trip report. Glad it all worked out so perfectly for your son.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Trip report - "Help with sick 12 year old" - Emigrant Wilderness - Master Hike!
September 24, 8:05pm

Re heat loss sleeping on the ground
The insulation of sleeping pads is called "R-value" I'm not an expert on it, but my (short) blue pad seemed a bit cold when it was in the upper 20s. Of course a full length pad would...

In Gear Lists » Clothing / Sleeping help for Tennessee in October
September 24, 8:03pm

Sleeping Bag
"To clarify...are you saying the Equinox Mummy is too little?" I meant the Equinox Mummy+clothes might be a bit chilly, although definately safe in my opinion. All those clothes+mummy...

September 24, 7:39pm

You should be okay
Just for reference I'll share what I normally carry/wear in similar conditions. Wear -Hiking pants, no long underwear -synthetic t-shirt -wool sweater -Wind shirt -Hat Sleeping -23...

September 24, 6:49pm

Re Carrying Ability
I imagine a HMG pack would be a better bet for weight. Don't get me wrong Chris was great to work with, he made exactly what I asked. The basic design he uses has limitations inherent to that...

In GEAR » Want to give a shout out to Zimmerpacks
September 23, 8:16pm

Re Re Re Re Re Kravauer
Good one Bob!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How Chris McCandless Died
September 23, 6:01pm

Re Re Re Krakauer
"Maybe if you aren't a shameless self promoter no one will know about you" Good point Jerry, there' a line between promoting yourself, even if you're obnoxious and being ...

September 23, 5:51pm

Carrying Ability
I also have a Zimmerbuilt pack and like it a lot. I've never carried more then 20 pounds or so on the trail but I've done short hikes with up to 40 pounds in it for testing. The limiting ...

In GEAR » Want to give a shout out to Zimmerpacks
September 23, 5:47pm

Re Krakauer
So if Krakauer is a "Shameless self promoter" does that put another spin on "Three Cups of Deceit"? Just curious.

September 23, 5:20pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.