BPL Community Profile

Luke Schmidt (Cameron) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale The WOODS
About Me Pursuing Christ, relationships, and adventure in that order. Nicknamed "Chief" because I grew up with a tribe of vegetarian cannibals on a small island off the coast of Iowa.
CityMidland TX
StateTexas
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Luke Schmidt

Showing 231 - 240 of 1991 | Page: 1 ...15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ...200

Forum » Thread

Re Krakauer
So if Krakauer is a "Shameless self promoter" does that put another spin on "Three Cups of Deceit"? Just curious.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How Chris McCandless Died
September 23, 5:20pm

Re gear list
"Ditch the pack cover and compass) I'd take just a small compass and hears why. I know of at least one AT hiker who got careless and started hiking south when he should have been hikin...

In Gear Lists » 2014 AT NOBO gear list
September 22, 2:12pm

Nikon
The Nikon Coolpix 310 might be a good bet. A salesmen at Wolfe Camera (who didn't have it so he had no ulterior motive) told me the Coolpix 310 would give me the best P&S for under $400. ...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Decent point and shoot camera
September 22, 11:29am

Re Re Re Mountain Loop recommendations near Washington/Baltimore
See if there are cheap flights into Lynchburg or Roanoke. Both are withing 2 hours of mountain hiking in VA. From Roanoke you can reach a trailhead for Grayson Highlands in 2 to 3 hours. Driving ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mountain Loop recomendations near Washington\Baltimore
September 21, 9:09pm

One Idea
Check MidAtlanticHikes.com and see what they have in the Shenandoah area.

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mountain Loop recomendations near Washington\Baltimore
September 21, 7:37pm

Re Hunting Pack Weights
"But the food is worth it" +1 on that! You don't know what good meat is till you've had venison. One way to make backpack hunting a bit easier would be to hunt with a doe...

In GEAR » Hunting pack weights aka backpacking heavy- justified.
September 21, 12:46pm

Another Option
I'm one who uses the Alras because nothing else really works for my feet (I've tried lots of other shoes). One shoe I just saw is the Merrell Ascend Glove. Looks like a beefed up Trail ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Altra Lone Peak 1.5 Trail Shoe Review
September 21, 12:28pm

Golite waist belt issue
In my opinion there are better packs but the Jam is not a bad pack for the money. Check out David's blog (bedrock and paradox) somewhere on there he shows a mod for the hipbelt of a Jam.

In GEAR » GoLite Jam Waist Size Issue
September 21, 8:53am

Awesome Trip Report
Great TR Stephen You mentioned the lack of compression on the Gorilla. Check out Will Rietveldts' blog he changed the shock cords to non-stretchy cords with line locks so they are more like...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I didn't make UL weight, but I'm still excited
September 19, 9:34pm

Very Nice
Very nice trip report Eric. I can tell you are proud of how your Scouts did. I love getting kids out in the woods and using the experiences there to teach teamwork and responsibility.

In Editor's Roundtable » Paddle Scouts: BSA Packrafting the Sun River Drainage, Montana
September 19, 6:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Luke Schmidt

Luke Schmidt has posted no reviews.