BPL Community Profile

Chris W (simplespirit) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale WNC
About Me I backpack and packraft, and sometimes teach both. I bicycle and ride a motorcycle. Sometimes I run. Sometimes I do Yoga. I have wilderness medical and whitewater rescue training. I can be a bit of a gear junky, although I seem to read more and buy less these days.
CityAsheville
StateNC
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://getlostoutfitters.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris W

Showing 2291 - 2300 of 2475 | Page: 1 ...221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ...248

Forum » Thread

Contrail for sale on WhiteBlaze
There's one for sale on WhiteBlaze. http://whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40243

In Gear Swap » wanted tarptent contrail
August 18, 5:00am

WTB: Spinnaker Solo Tarp
Looking for a spinnaker solo tarp. Something like the BMW Stealth 1 Lite would be perfect.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Spinnaker Solo Tarp
August 16, 2:36pm

Re: Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian- 2nd failure out of 2
Interesting. I used the same pack for over a year with no issues.

In GEAR » Granite Gear Nimbus Meridian- 2nd failure out of 2
August 15, 8:58am

Re: Bivy sack material
I would go with something like the Momentum available at thru-hiker.

In Make Your Own Gear » Bivy sack material
August 08, 8:21pm

Re: Frameless Pack
Do you plan on being on trails most or all of the time? Or will you be off-trail some? The sil packs are not as durable as some of the other UL packs from ULA, GoLite, or Six Moon. I tried a Mar...

In GEAR » Help picking a pack
August 08, 1:45pm

Cocoon Pro 60 Side Zip Pant
Should these fit kind of snug in the legs? I got a small based on the sizing chart but I'm wondering if maybe my legs are more muscular than the pants normally allow for resulting in a tighter ...

In GEAR » Cocoon Pro 60 Side Zip Pant
August 07, 1:39pm

Re: Leukotape: does it need Benzoin for adhesion?
Not for me. I thought I would need it because duct tape won't even stick to my skin but the Leukotape sticks like glue, no benzoin required. YMMV though.

In GEAR » Leukotape
August 07, 9:54am

Re: Leukotape Adhesion
I reroll a couple of feet around a tube with tweezers, needles, etc in it. The adhesion has held for days through water crossings and downpours once removed from the tube and applied to my feet.

In GEAR » Leukotape
August 07, 9:45am

Re: two cups = 475 ml
I actually don't have the trapper mug. I have a the 550ml cup which came with a lid. You're bound to lose a little if you go to a full boil with a full cup though. I'd probably use a pi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Trapper Mug water quantity
August 06, 9:10am

Re: Trapper Mug water quantity
475 ml = a tiny bit over 2 cups which is plenty for most freezerbag meals.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Trapper Mug water quantity
August 06, 8:55am

All Reader Reviews by Chris W

Chris W has posted no reviews.