BPL Community Profile

Chris W (simplespirit) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale WNC
About Me I backpack and packraft, and sometimes teach both. I bicycle and ride a motorcycle. Sometimes I run. Sometimes I do Yoga. I have wilderness medical and whitewater rescue training. I can be a bit of a gear junky, although I seem to read more and buy less these days.
CityAsheville
StateNC
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://getlostoutfitters.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris W

Showing 2291 - 2300 of 2470 | Page: 1 ...221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ...247

Forum » Thread

Cocoon Pro 60 Side Zip Pant
Should these fit kind of snug in the legs? I got a small based on the sizing chart but I'm wondering if maybe my legs are more muscular than the pants normally allow for resulting in a tighter ...

In GEAR » Cocoon Pro 60 Side Zip Pant
August 07, 1:39pm

Re: Leukotape: does it need Benzoin for adhesion?
Not for me. I thought I would need it because duct tape won't even stick to my skin but the Leukotape sticks like glue, no benzoin required. YMMV though.

In GEAR » Leukotape
August 07, 9:54am

Re: Leukotape Adhesion
I reroll a couple of feet around a tube with tweezers, needles, etc in it. The adhesion has held for days through water crossings and downpours once removed from the tube and applied to my feet.

In GEAR » Leukotape
August 07, 9:45am

Re: two cups = 475 ml
I actually don't have the trapper mug. I have a the 550ml cup which came with a lid. You're bound to lose a little if you go to a full boil with a full cup though. I'd probably use a pi...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Trapper Mug water quantity
August 06, 9:10am

Re: Trapper Mug water quantity
475 ml = a tiny bit over 2 cups which is plenty for most freezerbag meals.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Trapper Mug water quantity
August 06, 8:55am

Re: Re: NOLS Lightweight Backpacking 7/20-8/2/08
Pretty sure NOLS strongly recommends the Jam2 on the light trips. Looks like the guy you're referring to was carrying a Granite Gear Vapor Trail though.

In Post-Trip Reports » NOLS Lightweight Backpacking 7/20-8/2/08
August 06, 4:41am

Re: Mountain Crossings
Mountain Crossings had several Large Circuits last time I was up there (less than a month ago).

In Gear Swap » WTB: ULA Circuit Size L
August 06, 3:42am

Breaking In/Sizing
I'm going to try the 295 a half-size larger with my semi-custom insoles when I go out this weekend. I'll report back on my experiences.

In GEAR » Inov-8 Terroc 330 or Roclite 305?
August 04, 8:55pm

Re: Breaking in feet
I walk around barefoot or in flip flops 99% of the time and have for years. Since your feet can't get any more natural than barefoot, I don't think that's the case.

August 02, 6:55am

Breaking in your feet...
Breaking in you feet over that kind of period sounds really odd. The fact that you have to break in your feet at all sounds like something is awry. IMHO, the shoe should fit your foot...you shouldn...

August 02, 5:40am

All Reader Reviews by Chris W

Chris W has posted no reviews.