BPL Community Profile

Eugene Smith (Eugeneius) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nuevo Mexico
About Me Eugene Smith has not added a biography yet.
CityLas Cruces
StateNew Mexico
CountryUSAish
My Website URLhttp://desertpaincave.blogspot.com
My PDF Gear List2 year old outdated gear list that needs to be updated badly

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Eugene Smith

Showing 2291 - 2300 of 2594 | Page: 1 ...221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 ...260

Forum » Thread

FS: Granite Gear Virga, Oware CatTarp 2, Granite Gear Vapor Trail and one smoking hot deal!
After recently acquiring a ULA Ohm and finding that it's pretty much the pack of my dreams and will handle almost all my trips I'm selling my Granite Gear Virga and my Vapor Trail. I'm...

In Gear Swap » FS: Granite Gear Virga, Oware CatTarp 2, Granite Gear Vapor Trail and one smoking hot deal!
April 13, 6:38am

"Fourdog stove pot lids"
I ordered mine from Tinny and had it here in a week. My only minor criticism of the SP600 lids offered by minibull are they don't fit tightly one bit if you're looking to keep contents sto...

In GEAR » Fourdog stove pot lids
April 12, 8:17pm

"BPL's myog tarp article: cuben?"
Hey Ben, It seems there are many ways to work with cuben fiber. Steve Evans is a BPL member and he has a great website suluk46.com with tutorials on gear and currently has a great 2 part video...

In Make Your Own Gear » BPL's myog tarp article: cuben?
April 12, 6:50pm

"WTB: GG LT4 or TiGoat trekking poles"
What happened dude? Are you off the trail already? You're only looking at saving maybe 9oz. total buying new poles. I'm not sure trading up for a pair of carbon trekking poles like the LT4...

In Gear Swap » WTB: GG LT4 or TiGoat trekking poles
April 12, 5:47pm

"ULA Ohm and GG Mariposa Plus"
How many days have you been able to stretch your Ohm Greg? Avg. summer trip for example.

In GEAR » ULA Ohm and GG Mariposa Plus
April 07, 9:19pm

"4-Day Gila Wilderness Gear List (4/8-4/11)"
Ahhhh Mike! You got me :) I definitely don't need the 1/8" groundcover since I'm using the bivy, it's the creature comfort side of me telling me I do! I'm gonna heed your adv...

In Gear Lists » 4-Day Gila Wilderness Gear List (4/8-4/11)
April 07, 7:06pm

Thanks for the suggestions and ideas. @ Andy, you're right, the Ohm with everything in it does weigh a tad over 21 oz., I removed the hydration sleeve + optional mesh storage pocket + 1 h...

April 07, 6:25pm

I think my link was no good and asked for a sign in to view the Google doc. I changed the privacy setting. You should be able to view my gear list now. Any help, suggestions, ideas would be awes...

April 06, 6:35pm

"NB MT100"
The thin rigid forefoot Rock Stop New Balance incorporated into the outsole of the MT100 DOES affect torsional flexibility, which is exactly why the 2010 NB MT101 which is replacing the now soon to...

In GEAR » NB MT100
April 06, 7:28am

4-Day Gila Wilderness Gear List (4/8-4/11)
I finally got around to weighing and compiling a gear list I intend to use for a 4 day trip I'm doing in the Gila National Forest this upcoming Thursday. This trip will be a group trip includi...

April 05, 6:51am

All Reader Reviews by Eugene Smith

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs
Ron had my MLD Spinnaker Monk tarp repaired and improved upon free of charge with reinforced tieouts in 1 week, from shipping to Rons' shop, sewn, and shipped back to me, one week! This would nev...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
June 10, 9:43pm

Golite Shangri La 1
I have owned the Golite Shangri La 1 for several months now and have used it on about 3 trips so far in the desert southwest with variable weather conditions in the mountains and lower regions. F...

In Shelters - Tarps & Floorless
May 16, 7:20am

Western Mountaineering Megalite
I recently used the WM Megalite on a 5 day trip through the Gila with temps at night ranging from the mid 20's to the lower 40's. Light wind was present each evening and the bag and draft tub...

In Sleeping Bags - Mummy & Other
April 13, 10:00pm