Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2271 - 2280 of 3330 | Page: 1 ...219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ...333

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Experiment
On diminishing returns: There's something to be said for every experience. I remember my first tarp+bivy trip in the high Sierra. I got SLAMMED by a storm while camped at the treeline just...

In Gear Lists » 8 pound base weight
September 19, 11:13pm

Re: Re: Re: Development
Short term, I agree with Nick. Creating land trusts is a fairly effective tactic being used by environmental groups and individuals. It gets the job done in many cases...Don't want this a...

In Chaff » Bear Gun Season in WV
September 19, 10:32pm

Re: Re: Bladder durability
I've never had problems with Platypus bags. I've had plenty of problems with CamelBacks from my mountain biking days, primarily the screw cap failing to seal well/worn out O-rings. I blew...

In GEAR » Bladder durability
September 19, 9:57pm

Re: Re: 8 pound base weight
Looks good; you pretty much summarized my "comfortable" summer in the Sierra/general 3 season kit. I think the only things that would intimidate a newcomer about this list are the tarp...

In Gear Lists » 8 pound base weight
September 19, 9:48pm

Re: Love my Heetsheets bivy, but . . .
I carry one on long solo mountain runs (when I'm wearing a running pack) in case I'm lost/hurt/stuck out for the night. Thankfully, I haven't used it. When I used to be a tent user,...

In GEAR » Experience with Heatsheets?
September 19, 5:31pm

What If?
What if you stopped waiting for the next season? What if you took your top 5 weekend trip ideas and committed to making them happen in the next five to ten months? What if the money you were ...

In Philosophy & Technique » What If?
September 17, 10:32pm

Re: Re: Aqua Mira drops--how long to wait?
I've never worried about protozoa and "difficult to kill" big bugs. Nor have I ever payed much attention to water temperature. I use Aqua Mira drops or tablets (mostly drops, but ta...

In GEAR » Aqua Mira drops--how long to wait?
September 17, 9:00am

Re: Re: New Balance MT101 Available Now.
It looks like the mesh on the outside of each heel might be reinforced better in this model. I'm currently running in a pair with huge slits down each side where the mesh meets the sole...alth...

In GEAR » New Balance MT101 Available Now.
September 17, 8:24am

Re: "Lightweight Internal Frame Packs: a State of the Market Report - Part 1C: Main Bag & Comfort"
"And my fantasy would be to TP his tarp in the middle of the night:)" That enters the books of classic BPL comedy...

In Editor's Roundtable » Lightweight Internal Frame Packs: a State of the Market Report - Part 1C: Main Bag & Comfort
September 16, 9:20pm

Re: "And how are people keeping their DriDucks durable?"
I've had my Driducks for at least 3-4 years and they're still fine. Probably one of the best backpacking values I've ever had. It's just a matter of knowing what types of trips ...

In GEAR » Rain jacket assistance needed
September 16, 9:16pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm