Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2271 - 2280 of 3374 | Page: 1 ...219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ...338

Forum » Thread

Silicone Trouble
I had the exact same problem sealing a Tarptent. I used clear GE Silicone II and mineral spirits- the Home Depot brand people mention. Exactly the same- 2 days later it was still wet/oily. I...

In GEAR » Silicone and Mineral Spirts Problem
October 12, 10:17pm

Camp Xenon Trekking Poles
http://www.camp-usa.com/products/trekking%20poles/xenon-537.asp I'm surprised I haven't heard much talk about these. $79 for 10 ounce (or less, size depending) poles... Granted, they&...

In GEAR » Camp Xenon Trekking Poles
October 11, 9:09pm

Re: Preparing the Body for a Hike
Days like you describe are weird...I get them sometimes too, days when things just don't click. Maybe it is sleep, but at times it seems almost random, like the body is suddenly trying to rebe...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Preparing the Body for a Hike
October 11, 3:57pm

Grand Canyon R2R2R, 10/9-10/10
A couple things spawned this trip: 1. A desire to start getting out and doing things immediately. I've had my eye on the Grand Canyon for some time, but somehow it's never actually made ...

In Post-Trip Reports » Grand Canyon R2R2R, 10/9-10/10
October 11, 2:34pm

Re: Re: Re: causes of mass extinction
"I don't understand why people tend to think humans are a bad thing for the Earth." Darn right, where on Earth would anyone get that idea Rog????

In Chaff » End of the Carbon Flame War Thread
October 08, 8:32am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Pray for that supervolcano, Rog
Only 48 pages and 962 posts to go until we reach the end of the end... Carry on climate warriors!

In Chaff » End of the Carbon Flame War Thread
October 06, 3:04pm

Re: 12.8 oz blue tarp
My first tarp trips were with a very similar green poly tarp- just as functional as anything else. 13 oz. is damned liberating when you're coming from carrying around a 5 or 6 lb. tent. I&#...

In GEAR » 12.8 oz Tarp from Harbor Freight
October 05, 10:18pm

Re: Spot
I purchased the Fastfind 210 last night. Now I'm having trouble registering it- apparently someone has registered he number of my unit with SARSAT/NOAA already...They're working on sorting...

In GEAR » Spot 2 vs. McMurdo Fast Find
October 05, 4:38pm

Re: Re: JMT/SHR Loop
What you describe is exactly why I want to thru-hike it! I'm certainly not underestimating it, it sounds tough. I remember reading Andrew Skurka's report..."Mile for mile, the ...

In Post-Trip Reports » JMT/SHR Loop - Tuolumne Meadows to Thousand island Lake
October 04, 9:19pm

Re: Sequoia
I was in the area with friends last year when that October storm came...The day after we got out. (EDIT: that was 2 years ago) It would've been big trouble as the first night we were camping...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sequoia Backpacking
October 04, 6:43pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm