Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2271 - 2280 of 3302 | Page: 1 ...219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ...331

Forum » Thread

Re: RidgeRest
I do the same thing with my cut down ridgerest in a GoLite Jam...roll a tube and stuff it.

In GEAR » photos of your sleeping pad(s) with backpack?
September 09, 10:24pm

Re: My First Bicycle Tour
I'd love to see your dry bags, especially for the short chainstays. There are so many ways to set up a bike.... I'm the opposite of those posting here in regards to touring bikes. I di...

In Bikepacking & Bicycle Touring » My First Bicycle Tour
September 09, 8:59am

Some music to share....
I first heard the Anonymous 4 on KUSC Classical (91.5 Southern California) many many months ago. I typically run without any music, I'm somewhat of a minimalist/purist in that category. But...

In Chaff » Some music to share....
September 07, 10:44pm

Re: Nice
Cowboy is the only way to go if you like it strong. Easy...no extra gear to carry and I always have fresh grounds in the house. And does the trick so much better after a night of whiskey and beer...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Beautiful Cup
September 07, 9:33pm

Re: Kili hike partner - I have wife permission!
Right on Nick. I'll come down and hike/run San Jacinto with you if you want a training partner every now and then.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Kilimanjaro
September 06, 7:47pm

Re: Re: Hands free washing system
I seriously think people are getting overly worried about this stuff. Follow me for a second: What is the fundamental difference between crapping at home or in the woods? A toilet, a roll of...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hands free washing system
September 06, 1:11pm

Re: Who is your ideal backpacking partner???
Genghis Khan. I'd love to see if I could outdrink him beside the campfire.

In Philosophy & Technique » Whi is your ideal backpacking partner???
September 04, 2:53pm

Re: Re: Kid's Backpack
I followed the "5 yards to SUL" plans for my son's pack. I left all dimensions the same with the exception of shoulder strap length and the length of the back panel. I kept the exte...

In Make Your Own Gear » Kid's Backpack
September 04, 2:37pm

Cool customer service.
I ordered two jackets for my kids a day or two ago and just decided to get a vest for myself. It was too late to add it to my existing order so they waived shipping on the vest. Sweet! I've b...

In Gear Deals » Downlight Sweater Now $41.99 with lots of sizes!
September 03, 7:14pm

Re: post-movement hand cleansing
Talk about overcomplicating a simple process. Soap and water...just like our grandparents did it.

In Editor's Roundtable » Hand Sanitizers: My Journey Towards Discovering Best Practices for Wilderness Hygiene
September 03, 8:37am

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm