BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2271 - 2280 of 3010 | Page: 1 ...219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ...301

Forum » Thread

Re: T 100s
Art: Do you mean a 100 mile hike? I don't see why not. They were originally designed by Tony Krupicka and the Skaggs brothers (from what I understand) for ultrarunning. They're doing...

In Philosophy & Technique » Minimal hiking shoes
March 03, 8:28am

Re: Re: Minimal hiking shoes
I think you're on the right track as well Diane, I've found the same thing from similar experiences. I started running distance in minimal shoes (New Balance MT100s, basically a trail ra...

In Philosophy & Technique » Minimal hiking shoes
March 02, 10:20pm

Re: Black Diamond Trail Shock
Count me on the side of rigid poles. I used anti-shock poles once...and promptly gave them away. I couldn't help but feel like I was never planting them firmly or they were flexing. Anti...

In GEAR » Trekking Poles - Shock or No?
March 02, 8:30pm

Re: Re: Interested
I'm still considering this trip if you end up starting on Saturday morning (I'm up for super early and could make the drive) or if there's a way to catch up on Friday night. I just don...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » So Cal BPLers - Skyline-PCT-Jo Pond Trip in May
March 02, 6:54pm

Re: Re :Warfighters: History of the term
On the concept of the necessity of a purely "defensive" military: A highly subjective term to say the least! Hasn't the United States been "defending" itself from terr...

In Chaff » Warfighters: History of the term?
March 02, 5:23pm

Re: Re: A More Peaceful and Sustainable Neighborhood
Trust me Ben, I'm not arguing for the method I describe, it's just the way I see things going. I'm just concerned that the world has been working within a certain framework for so long...

March 02, 2:32pm

Re: Re: Re: defensive war
And Ben: Where do the resources come from that support your "neighborhood" of nations full of middle class shoppers? Well, I reckon we'll get them from other places on Earth. And...

March 02, 2:03pm

Re: Re: defensive war
Ben makes excellent points. But I do have to wonder... Does much of Europe even need a large military when they are allied with the largest military on the planet? Therefor I think askin...

March 02, 1:50pm

Re: Re: defensive war
Could so many (certainly not all, but MANY) of the residents of "first world" nations (yeah, that means all of us) enjoy the privileged consumers lifestyles we lead without the aid of the...

March 02, 11:26am

Re: Re: salt water tenkara
I've been an avid surf fisherman for many years, conventional and fly (but not Tenkara). I think success in the surf with a tenkara would depend greatly on tides, location, etc., etc. Somet...

In Fishing » UL Coastal Fishing
March 01, 8:53am

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm