Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2271 - 2280 of 3465 | Page: 1 ...219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ...347

Forum » Thread

It's been quiet here...
I assumed Rog was partying (or protesting) in Cancun at the UN Climate Summit. I'd love to know how much this summit will cost.

In Chaff » The Carbon Flame War
December 02, 8:41am

Re: Picture of Sunday Afternoon hat worn
Here's one I could find of me with the Sunrunner: I think the white flaps give it a nice T.E. Lawrence vibe... Sunday Afternoon hats...err, a little matronly in my opinion... :...

In GEAR » hat - sun protection
December 01, 6:47pm

Re: hat- sun protection
+3 for the OR Sunrunner. I like it for winter, too...Tighten the flaps down, combine with a thin cap, and it cuts windchill well. ...That, or a trucker cap with bandanna tucked in.

In GEAR » hat - sun protection
December 01, 11:45am

Re: Climb in them.
I forget what the Summerlite is rated by WM...30F? Again, I find this rating OK. EN ratings are a start, but don't mean too much to me...Sleep warmth seems to be a pretty subjective thing, ev...

In GEAR » Summerlite Question
December 01, 10:31am

Re: WM Summerlite
Summerlite is my bag for 50% of the year, no experience with Montbell...I'm a big fan of WM. I'm 6'2", 195 lbs., big legs, arms, shoulders. I use the long version. Everyone comp...

In GEAR » Summerlite Question
December 01, 8:54am

Re: Re: Re: Re: band
Crazy, that's actually how I lost my nipple rings.

In GEAR » Titanium Wedding Band
November 30, 10:59am

Re: Re: band
A total aside... From what I've seen, a tattoo will take on the topside, but not very well on the bottom (palms/finger pads take too much abuse). They tend to fade/bleed on knuckles pretty ...

In GEAR » Titanium Wedding Band
November 29, 7:18pm

Re: Mont-Bell Alpine Light Parka vs. First Ascent Downlight Hoodie
Don't know about the parka or hoodie, but I have both in jackets. I have a Montbell Alpine light Jacket. I bought two First Ascent Downlight jackets on sale for my kids. I've never s...

In GEAR » Mont-Bell Alpine Light Parka vs. First Ascent Downlight Hoodie
November 29, 6:58pm

Re: light and quiet
"carry a longbow" +1 The learning curve is probably way steeper than hunting with firearms, but it'll probably make you a better hunter, and faster (if you don't give up in ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hunting vs. Weight
November 27, 7:28pm

Re: Hunting vs. Weight
As for savng yourself weight, I doubt it. As for success, it totally depends where you're going, how good of a hunter you are, and what's in season. The days of buying a rifle and walking...

In Philosophy & Technique » Hunting vs. Weight
November 27, 1:29pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm