BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2271 - 2280 of 3013 | Page: 1 ...219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ...302

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: GOD is God
"Companions, the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks -- those who write new values on new tablets. Companions, the creator seeks, and fellow...

In Chaff » Because I can...
March 03, 1:33pm

Re: 100s in JT
I think anything does well on class 3 in JT...hard to slip when you're climbing on a cheese grater. It helps that the soles are thin- I hate climbing in mushy shoes. I think a day of seriou...

In Philosophy & Technique » Minimal hiking shoes
March 03, 12:34pm

Re: Re: Re: T 100s
Yeah, I don't know. It probably depends entirely on how you're training. I know Krupicka didn't just start running 100s in racing flats overnight. I do know it's a VERY BAD i...

March 03, 9:04am

Re: T 100s
Art: Do you mean a 100 mile hike? I don't see why not. They were originally designed by Tony Krupicka and the Skaggs brothers (from what I understand) for ultrarunning. They're doing...

March 03, 8:28am

Re: Re: Minimal hiking shoes
I think you're on the right track as well Diane, I've found the same thing from similar experiences. I started running distance in minimal shoes (New Balance MT100s, basically a trail ra...

March 02, 10:20pm

Re: Black Diamond Trail Shock
Count me on the side of rigid poles. I used anti-shock poles once...and promptly gave them away. I couldn't help but feel like I was never planting them firmly or they were flexing. Anti...

In GEAR » Trekking Poles - Shock or No?
March 02, 8:30pm

Re: Re: Interested
I'm still considering this trip if you end up starting on Saturday morning (I'm up for super early and could make the drive) or if there's a way to catch up on Friday night. I just don...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » So Cal BPLers - Skyline-PCT-Jo Pond Trip in May
March 02, 6:54pm

Re: Re :Warfighters: History of the term
On the concept of the necessity of a purely "defensive" military: A highly subjective term to say the least! Hasn't the United States been "defending" itself from terr...

In Chaff » Warfighters: History of the term?
March 02, 5:23pm

Re: Re: A More Peaceful and Sustainable Neighborhood
Trust me Ben, I'm not arguing for the method I describe, it's just the way I see things going. I'm just concerned that the world has been working within a certain framework for so long...

March 02, 2:32pm

Re: Re: Re: defensive war
And Ben: Where do the resources come from that support your "neighborhood" of nations full of middle class shoppers? Well, I reckon we'll get them from other places on Earth. And...

March 02, 2:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm