Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2271 - 2280 of 3558 | Page: 1 ...219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ...356

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: SoCal Winter Epic,1.9.11
I wonder what would've happened if I had spilled coffee on my lap and driven off the mountain on the way up there. Cheers.

In Post-Trip Reports » SoCal Winter Epic,1.9.11
January 17, 5:18pm

Re: Re: SoCal Himalayans
"Do not under estimate the southern California mountains." True. I know a guy that lost a toe to frostbite in an accident/storm on Baldy.

In Post-Trip Reports » SoCal Winter Epic,1.9.11
January 17, 12:21pm

Re: Training and Time
I've commented on these in the past but I suppose I'll sound off again. My 2 cents: Coming from a background of barefoot running, I'm just not sure what niche VFFs occupy for me. T...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vibram FiveFingers KSO Treks Review
January 17, 1:03am

Re: You guys are contaminating every thread
A death match is the only solution at this point. One large pyramid tarp. Two 22 gram Baladeo blades. 2 men enter. One man leaves.

In Gear Lists » Wonderland Trail Gear List
January 15, 11:07am

Re: Re: AQUAMIRA tablets?
I take Mike's experience as the link to support the statement. It syncs perfectly with my own experiences as well. A lot of water doesn't need to be treated or is fine with a much lower d...

In Gear Lists » Wonderland Trail Gear List
January 15, 10:48am

Re: The new Chaff
I suppose you could go start a company and member-supported website devoted to the unrestricted free speech and debate on the internet. Last I checked, this website is funded by a company that s...

In Chaff » The new Chaff
January 14, 1:50pm

NM.
NM, it's all gone. For the better.

In GEAR » Your Best Gear of 2010
January 13, 9:54pm

Re: Rangers mean well
Adan, I'd be happy to loan you an axe and crampons or microspikes in the meantime, so don't sweat having to buy them right away.

In Winter Hiking » Snow Camping in the Southern Sierra (or anywhere for that matter).
January 13, 6:48pm

Re: Icehouse
I went to Icehouse Saddle with nothing but Microspikes last weekend...the snow was soft, but I was there after 11am. Crampons and axe (or at least an axe and microspikes) would be prudent early in...

In Winter Hiking » Snow Camping in the Southern Sierra (or anywhere for that matter).
January 13, 4:23pm

Re: more planning
I'm fairly certain I want to do a section of it solo this summer as well. I'd love to go all the way but will likely only have 7-8 days; I doubt I could do it that fast. I'm also ju...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » SHR ?'s and your thoughts.
January 12, 1:23pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm