Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2271 - 2280 of 3277 | Page: 1 ...219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ...328

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Lighter Stove
The Snowpeak Gigapower (GS100 or GST100 in Ti) has the lowest carbon monoxide output of anything you're looking at. The Pocket Rocket is the one of the worst tested by BPL. The Primus Micron ...

In GEAR » UL REI STYLE - Yes it CAN Be Done
July 26, 6:01pm

Re: Re: Grappling Hooks
So sad... The young me is SO disappointed with the old me. If you had pulled me aside at age 13 and said "You know, one day you'll have enough money to legally buy every ninja weapon a...

In GEAR » Grappling Hooks
July 26, 12:39pm

Re: Any BPL Winos Out There
Wino...as in being able to consume enormous quantities of any type at any price? I'm your man. Intelligent discussion about styles, grapes, winemakers...? Nope.

In Chaff » Any BPL Winos Out There
July 24, 11:02pm

Re: How do you save money and live a simple life?
I suppose I alluded to it in my first post on this thread, but the more I think about, the more it strikes me as strange or crazy that the "simple life" somehow has something to do with m...

In Chaff » How do you save money and live a simple life?
July 23, 11:28am

Re: firesteels/bic
Bics are great, but I don't carry one. I wear a lanyard with a firesteel, whistle, and Photon freedom microlight. It's worked for me for years with the same firesteel; I'm very ...

In GEAR » Bic: The lighter lighter
July 23, 9:56am

Re: Re: Aleve vs Ibuprofin
Dave, Nick, Roger...well said. To need a daily dose to walk and sleep comfortably...not for me. In my kit, drugs are for emergencies, not life.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Aleve vs Ibuprofin
July 22, 7:06pm

Re: Re: Edward Abbey On TV
My favorite part of the book as well Miguel.

In On the Web » Edward Abbey On TV
July 22, 6:59pm

Re: How do you save money and live a simple life?
I'm a teacher, 11 years now. As for not getting paid "well", that's relative...Our sick culture stresses only looking up to those with more stuff. But if you measure teaching ...

In Chaff » How do you save money and live a simple life?
July 22, 12:32pm

Re: Re: Twin ropes.
From- Mountaineering: Freedom of the Hills...(p. 271) "...approved twin ropes are generally 7.4 to 8.1 millimeters in diameter...." "The twin rope technique shares some charact...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Twin rope uses
July 22, 10:58am

Re: Re: cowboy coffee
http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/cowboy_coffee.html

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » The Best Camp Coffee
July 20, 4:46pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm