BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2271 - 2280 of 3242 | Page: 1 ...219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ...325

Forum » Thread

Re: speer
That's a really good point Dave! Why stress over the tensile strength of your guyline (~150# in the case of mason line) when your anchor wouldn't hold a fraction of that!? Ahhh, so si...

In GEAR » Guy-lines for Tarp
July 01, 11:43pm

Fresh thoughts on barefoot running...
1. On tonight's trail run (~10 miles) I started to bonk at about mile 6.5. I have a cough, a busted up left arm, didn't eat much today, and generally felt sluggish...surprise. So I'...

In Other Activities » Fresh thoughts on barefoot running...
July 01, 11:38pm

Mora!
I'll say it again.... My knife can do anything yours can do! And maybe better...because it was only $11 I'm not afraid of using it for anything and everything! My Bushcraft model (http...

In GEAR » 2-3 oz fixed blade
July 01, 9:26pm

Re: Strength of braided mason's line.
Do the standard micro tensioners (as sold here) work on mason line? I don't see why they wouldn't... I've been using it on my tarp with clove hitches on the stakes...tensioners woul...

In GEAR » Guy-lines for Tarp
July 01, 6:54pm

Re: wind shirt
If I'm working hard, running, or climbing, a rain shell would soak me from the inside with sweat. Aside from really light windshirts, I've never had a jacket that really "breathes&q...

In GEAR » Windshirts - What am I missing?
July 01, 11:32am

Re: Re: No prizes.
I'm healing fast and feeling better every day. It's all good. I'll just be pushing my trip back a week and going as planned. Eugene- Sorry for the late response, I've been o...

In Chaff » Friggin' Great.
June 29, 12:25am

Re: saving lives
...And then we have the never ending cycle of nobody taking responsibility for anyone or anything that they do not have an emotional bond with while simultaneously espousing that we are all equal, ...

In Chaff » Terrorists finding a way in
June 23, 11:27pm

Re: I'm not sure why homeless are so devalued
Call me crazy, but the thought that there are people in this world that would save a pet before saving another human is absolutely dreary and without hope, given that the human in question could be...

June 23, 10:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Puppies and homeless folks
Are you seriously advocating putting animals on the same plane as humans? Or just a slightly lower one? How slight? Or is it a sliding scale, depending upon animal and the human, to be determine...

June 23, 9:53pm

Re: Re: Friggin' Great.
Growing up is for suckers.

In Chaff » Friggin' Great.
June 23, 7:24am

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm