BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2271 - 2280 of 3132 | Page: 1 ...219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ...314

Forum » Thread

Re: Thoughts on long distance food
Especially interested in low weight vegetarian dinners of 600+ calories.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thoughts on long distance food
April 19, 6:53pm

Thoughts on long distance food
I'm going to be spending 12 days (maximum, but likely less) on the JMT and would like to do it without resupply. To-date, I've never gone for more than 7 days without resupply. I'm lo...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Thoughts on long distance food
April 19, 6:23pm

Re: service
Hell hath no fury like a BPLer gypped out of a deal...

In Gear Deals » WM Flash vest sale
April 19, 5:30pm

Re: 2010 John Muir Trail Gear List
Looks good to me. On the water filter note, I wouldn't carry one. I've always thought that the sources are so good that Aqua Mira drops alone were good enough- if they're even nec...

In Gear Lists » 2010 John Muir Trail Gear List
April 19, 4:48pm

Re: Book?
"The purpose of the human race is probably to act as Earth's gametes..." I like this concept. Alan Watts spoke of the Earth and humans thus: just as plants and trees can flower, ...

In Chaff » Space Alien Invasion.
April 19, 8:58am

Re: Re: Re: "Space Alien Invasion."
Of all of the crazy ways the human race could be wiped out, Alien Invasion is certainly in my top 3. 1. Hadron Collider accident: The ultimate in comedy. One researcher pushing a button , pow...

April 17, 11:40pm

Re: Rain
Why let it stop you? Heading out and knowing it'll be wet is a great time to make sure you've got your system down. It helps you learn to be prepared for when dealing with the unexpected ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Choosing to hike in the rain
April 15, 12:52pm

Re: Choosing to hike in the rain
I'm a huge fan of umbrellas- you can keep your hood off and jacket open. Psychologically, I think they make long stretches of rain easier. The umbrella is the most breathable rain wear you ca...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Choosing to hike in the rain
April 15, 8:28am

Re: Space Alien Invasion
Do we worry they'll shoot us with a death ray if they find us simply because we think it's what we (the human race) would do in similar circumstances?

April 14, 7:08pm

Re: Space Alien Invasion
Didn't the Spaniards "discover" half of the world while looking for spice? Perhaps alien travels are simply motivated by interstellar cuisine?

April 14, 5:03pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm