BPL Community Profile

Craig W. (xnomanx) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale Craig W. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Everything was beautiful and nothing hurt.
-K. Vonnegut
CityBeautiful Altadena
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.sweepingthegarden.wordpress.com
My PDF Gear ListGeneral Adventuring Gearlist (2013)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Craig W.

Showing 2271 - 2280 of 3155 | Page: 1 ...219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 ...316

Forum » Thread

Re: overcrowding = packing poo
Crap is already factored into your skin-out weight- nothing is being added to your total. Now I suppose you could get out the kitchen scale...

In GEAR » Why pack out poo?
April 26, 5:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Why pack out poo?
People probably need to start wrapping their heads around the idea of packing it out. I'm fully expecting to see more and more delicate ecological areas implementing the pack-it-out rule in th...

In GEAR » Why pack out poo?
April 26, 2:03pm

Re: Re: Not Trench foot
I think this is where lightweight shoes that drain quickly and wearing very thin (if any) socks help. I've seen this in the past, and it was typically with people wearing leather or goretex bo...

In Philosophy & Technique » Avoiding Maceration
April 26, 8:53am

Re: Obectivism
"Besides - you crack me up - are you all about the "worker" and "equity" when your contract is up, or do you try to maximize your take like a "self-interested" pe...

In Chaff » Space Alien Invasion.
April 25, 10:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: The moral of the story
Oh, I never said I don't squat in rivers. I just said you'll never catch me. :)

In Philosophy & Technique » Cattle and Water
April 25, 10:27pm

Re: Objectivism
"...true self-interest can only be achieved by taking others interests into consideration." Fascinating that this statement should be spoken by someone (presumably) on the right. Ac...

April 25, 8:23pm

Re: Re: The moral of the story
You won't catch me squatting in a river.

April 25, 6:09pm

Re: The moral of the story
Blame beef.

April 25, 6:03pm

Re: Re: Re: Rand
"The ideal political-economic system is laissez-faire capitalism. It is a system where men deal with one another, not as victims and executioners, nor as masters and slaves, but as traders, by...

April 25, 3:14pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: New 100% elecrtic car on the market!
I think you guys are both right. I guess I see EVs a being an important first step towards an alternative system, but a first step only. I'm a big-time cycling advocate/commuter: an even be...

In Chaff » New 100% elecrtic car on the market!
April 22, 4:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Craig W.

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Montbell Thermawrap jacket
A great jacket- my XL weighs in at just over 10 oz. with its stuff sack. Very simple, functional design- perfect for 3 seasons in the Sierras when combined with a base layer and/or shell system.

In Clothing - Insulating - Synthetic (Polarguard, Primaloft, etc.)
May 15, 8:56pm

Dirty Girl Gaiters
These are great "dry" gaiters. As a trail runner I shopped and shopped for a good, breathable, and lightweight pair...not much out there. Most mainstream gear makers seem to seriously over...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 13, 8:55pm