BPL Community Profile

James Reilly (zippymorocco) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Montana
About Me James Reilly has not added a biography yet.
CityAsheville
StateNC
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by James Reilly

Showing 221 - 230 of 393 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ...40

Forum » Thread

Ordered
I ordered the tent last night. I also ordered some polycro from Gossamer Gear. Now I will wait for the mail. I really appreciate everyone's responses. I'll post back with my impre...

In GEAR » Hexamid Twin size
October 13, 8:10am

Re: coated
I agree Eric. If the coated is all that is available I think I would go with Cuben. In the mean time I think I will give polycro a try. Thanks

In Make Your Own Gear » Is there a source for Silnylon like SMD uses for their ultralight floor option.
October 13, 8:03am

RE: polycro
Thanks Scott, I think what I will do is order some polycro when we get the shelter and try it out. Might as well start with the cheapest lightest option. It will be great if it fills the need.

October 12, 8:19pm

Is there a source for Silnylon like SMD uses for their ultralight floor option.
I would like to find some Silnylon like my old lunar duo had when their was an ultra light floor option. I think it was around .7 in weight before coating. I've been searching the net and f...

In Make Your Own Gear » Is there a source for Silnylon like SMD uses for their ultralight floor option.
October 12, 12:28pm

Re: polycro
Chad, Do you think polycro would offer adequate protection. I see a lot of people mentioning that the bathtub design is important.

October 11, 11:07pm

RE: video, ground cloth
Jacob, great video thank you for sharing. What are peoples thoughts on making a silnylon bathtub ground cloth rather than buying the cuben. The weight is not too different and I am surely capab...

October 11, 10:05pm

Thanks for the link Brian
Thanks Brian, That is a good review and the pictures really help. Looks good to me.

October 10, 10:48pm

This sound promising.
Wow, So much great info came in today. Thank you all very much. We are getting very excited about the prospect of this tent. I expected the reviews would be a little more mixed but this sounds ...

October 10, 10:43pm

Hexamid Twin size
Anyone using a hexamid twin for couples hiking. Is the size adequate for a couple that focuses on hiking and not camping. Looking for a 2 person Cuben netted shelter that can perform on an Appala...

October 10, 12:21pm

Odors
I just bought one of the new hoodys and love it. It controls odor better than normal synthetics but not as good as wool. I am using it after a merino one layer now and find that odor is not an ...

In GEAR » Patagonia Capilene 4 hoody. Antimicrobial / smell??
October 10, 12:16pm

All Reader Reviews by James Reilly

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Feathered Friends Customer Service
I spoke to a very helpful person on the phone. She helped me determine the proper size for the jacket I wanted. Jacket fits perfectly, was shipped quick and is of top quality.

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 19, 8:13pm

Sea to Summit Premium Silk Liner
We purchased a ultra-sil stuff sack as recommended by a customer service rep at a outfitter along the A.T. In using it to stuff my wife's sleeping bag I ripped the thing in half. She called up th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
July 19, 8:08pm