Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mat Tallman (wehtaM) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Mat Tallman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mat Tallman

Showing 221 - 230 of 235 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

MB UL Down Inner Jacket
Another vote for MB UL inner...I have the jacket, and really like it. My medium is 6.6 oz, and perfect for 3-season use. Warmer than my midweight fleece, at half the weight and bulk. Great g...

In GEAR » Ultralight Down Jacket Recommendations???
June 03, 7:14pm

leakage
another vote for pulling the down back in from the opposite side. This can be tough to do sometimes on a sewn-through garment though...

In GEAR » down jacket leaking down?
June 03, 7:09pm

Re: Trail runners or boots?
A bit more information on the hike itself would be beneficial... How many miles are you hiking? What sort of terrain? On trail or off trail? the more info the better, there are places for e...

In GEAR » Trail runners or boots?
June 02, 7:36pm

Re: SUGGESTION...
"Just get a TarpTent Moment single wall tent (29 oz) and enjoy!" Sort of an apples to bowling balls type of comparison here...they're talking the semantics of 10 oz tarp/bivy shelt...

In GEAR » Tarp in rain/bugs?
June 02, 12:56pm

Re: AT Thru Hike 2011 or 2012 Gear List
Main issue I see is start date. If you're to begin hiking that early, and the weather is like it was this year, you're going to be trudging through knee-deep snow along the TN/NC line in t...

In Gear Lists » AT Thru Hike 2011 or 2012 Gear List
May 30, 2:58pm

Re: hygiene
Sea to Summit dehydrated soap...comes in little leaves/strips. Toss a few of the leaves into a ziploc bag, dribble some water in there, and let it sit or knead it a little. Instant liquid soap....

In GEAR » hygiene
May 26, 8:21pm

Re: re: rolled lip
regarding the fissure, I suppose I could have gone that way, but as is, I have my hot drinks cup nesting inside, along with the container I keep sugar in. The sugar container fits really snugly, a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sub 2-ounce kitchen
May 26, 6:31pm

Re: Re: Sub 2-ounce kitchen
If you're quick about it, you can do it by hand without getting burned, but throwing on the gloves I already take for cool weather makes it pretty easy to do without being burned. When it...

May 26, 8:15am

food weight
This seems to be one of those questions that is better answered by your own experiences. I generally don't need nearly the amount of food that some people take/eat, and function fine at or jus...

In GEAR » 4-5 days worth of food
May 25, 4:24pm

images fixed
Alright, thanks for the tips....not sure how I missed the image upload button, but they should be all set now.

May 25, 4:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Mat Tallman

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

e-OMC (Oregon Mountain Community) Customer Service
Bought a pair of shoes from them (Montrail Mountain Masochists) and got them quickly, as advertised, for a good price. Ordered an Integral Designs Siltarp which leaked terribly out of the box (not ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 26, 1:32pm