BPL Community Profile

Nick Larsen (stingray4540) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale South Bay
About Me Nick Larsen has not added a biography yet.
StateCalifornia
My PDF Gear ListGearList

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Larsen

Showing 221 - 230 of 365 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ...37

Forum » Thread

Re: Ursack closer to being allowed in Yosemite?
If this happens, I would buy one the day I find out about it. They stand to make a TON of money if this goes through, and I have a feeling, the other companies stand to lose a lot of business. I ...

In GEAR » Ursack closer to being allowed in Yosemite?
March 01, 12:02am

Re: Temperature recording watch (for off-wrist use)
Watching this thread, as I would like to know the same thing. It would be nice to know how cold it got at night, and I am not likely to get up every hour to read a thermometer. The altimete...

In GEAR » Temperature recording watch (for off-wrist use)
February 29, 11:48pm

Re: PossumDown Gloves (the warmest wool liners)...
I'd be interested if they made mittens... After years of wearing gloves, I'm done with them.

In GEAR » PossumDown Gloves (the warmest wool liners)...
February 29, 1:30am

Re: For beginners
If you don't read anything else I've written here, at least do as others have said, and read all the different gear lists in peoples profiles. See what everyone is using and what kind of pa...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Does anyone have a Gear list for beginners
February 29, 1:18am

Re: sierra
I'll have to check out Big Sur then. I've never been there. Yeah, I figured I could always go to the Sierras. It's hard to justify going all that way though, and not car camp so I ca...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dog friendly backpacking near San Francisco Bay Area?
February 28, 11:46pm

.5oz or .25oz?
So was it .5oz BEFORE you cut the rim off, so now it weighs .25oz.? Or is .5oz. the weight AFTER you cut the rim off?

In Multiple Use Gear » Food Bowl/ Water Trowel= .5oz
February 28, 5:14am

RE: Ultralight hunting
Ultralight hunting = <20lbs. Read the following to see how I came to this conclusion, and let me know if I'm about right, or way off base. Personally, this is how I would look at it: ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » "Ultralight hunting"
February 28, 4:50am

Mods, please remove one of these
AWWWW. WTF?! Sorry! Mods, please get rid of one of these. My first post gave me a network error, so I double checked that it didn't post by opening a new window and visiting the forum. Wasn&...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Dog friendly backpacking near San Francisco Bay Area?
February 28, 3:01am

Dog friendly backpacking near San Francisco Bay Area?
Well, the wife's pregnant, but I'd still like to have a hiking partner this spring/summer. Now that the dog's almost 2, I'd like to start taking her backpacking. Are there any pa...

February 28, 2:55am

Re: Flammable hand sanitizer
Just use rubbing alcohol as hand sanitizer. You don't need the added gelatin, that's just marketing. The alcohol is what kills germs. The other stuff is just to make it into a jelly

In GEAR » Flammable hand sanitizer
January 22, 7:27pm

All Reader Reviews by Nick Larsen

Nick Larsen has posted no reviews.