BPL Community Profile

Stephen Komae (skomae) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale northeastern US
About Me Stephen Komae has not added a biography yet.
StateNew York

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Komae

Showing 221 - 230 of 269 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

revelcloud v. nano puff
This is just hearsay but from my time working at REI I had one customer come in and exchange the Revelcloud for the Nano Puff. He said he was wearing his Revelcloud and his buddy a Nano Puff and he...

In GEAR » REI Revel CLoud jacket vs. Patagonia Nano Puff /
April 05, 8:21pm

Arcteryx
I know this thread has gotten off-topic to the point of no return but I'll throw in my two cents. For me as a fairly active backpacker who also does a lot of climbing I really appreciate the...

In GEAR » Should I be carrying more Dead Birds?
February 24, 7:03pm

microtherm jacket
I have the jacket, without the hood. I like it. It's pretty warm, I'd say it's a decent bit warmer than a typical 60g/m2 jacket like the Nano Puff. One thing to note is that it seems...

In GEAR » First Ascent Microtherm Hoody
February 24, 6:19pm

Re: Interesting Question
I'm going to have to agree with the feeling that a windshirt is a luxury. It is by no means, an essential piece of gear the same way a rain jacket is: it doesn't protect you fully against r...

In GEAR » Logic Check: Windshirt
February 19, 1:13pm

Houdini vs. vest
For only .7oz more, you can have sleeves and a hood in the Houdini. In a piece as light and unrestricting as this, I see no reason to forego the sleeves and hood. I find the Houdini to be a stan...

In GEAR » Logic Check: Windshirt
February 18, 8:46pm

can't wait
I ordered one of these a few weeks back and it finally arrived for in-store pickup. Looking forward to trying this out as my main pack this year once the snow melts away. Regarding the Buttermi...

In GEAR » REI Flash 45 First Impressions
January 27, 5:07pm

Norsehund Alpha
For this season I decided to try the Merrell Norsehund Alpha. They are the more expensive ($200) Norsehund boot variant and have a removable neoprene inner boot. The rubber goes up and over the toe...

In GEAR » SnowShoe boots?
January 18, 11:21pm

Mountain Hardwear Epic
I use the Mountain Hardwear Epic gloves for shell gloves. They are 100% waterproof and very light, with a light wicking fabric inside and plenty of dexterity. Worth considering.

In GEAR » Shell gloves: Marmot Precip or OR Versaliner
January 18, 11:16pm

Re: Custom
> i wonder if anyone does a custom, basic Polartec high loft (or 200g) jacket. Beyond fleece used to be attractive priced, now its a bit overpriced IMO. Given the realities of sewing custom w...

In GEAR » Thick, warm fleeces?
January 18, 6:40am

side sleeper
I'm a side sleeper as well. For hammocking, the Clark North American has treated me real well, as the design and stiff fabric of the hammock gives it some form that actually creates a prett...

In GEAR » Going from hammocking to the ground - and now stuck in between
January 05, 8:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Komae

Stephen Komae has posted no reviews.