Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Stephen Komae (skomae) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale northeastern US
About Me Stephen Komae has not added a biography yet.
StateNew York

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Komae

Showing 221 - 230 of 303 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Forum » Thread

marketing-speak
I can only tell you about the market-speak, which is that a Waterproof tag on a shoe means that it has some kind of "waterproof/breathable" membrane inside. This membrane is usually sewn ...

In GEAR » "waterproof" breathable HedgeHog Guide
July 18, 1:06pm

Re: Gear Shops In Manhattan\Washington?
Outdoors Gear Shops in NYC proper: Tent & Trails 21 Park Place, New York · (212) 227-1760 Paragon Sports 867 Broadway, New York · (212) 255-8889 REI Soho 303 Lafayette St, New Yor...

In GEAR » Gear Shops In Manhattan?
July 18, 1:00pm

So heavy
Why so heavy?

In GEAR » $1800
July 17, 9:59pm

+1 Rampart
I love my Arc'teryx Rampart pants as well. They are comfortable under a lot of varying conditions, I just wish I hadn't gotten them in a muddy green color. I don't think I've ever w...

In GEAR » Pants or no pants for those who run HOT
July 15, 4:25pm

Re: Westcomb Crest Hoody -- a replacement for the venerable Houdini?
A few answers: Pertex Equilibrium is a 2-way stretch woven. The fabric is more like a very, very lightweight "softshell" as marketed by Patagonia, REI, et al. I believe it is a bi-compo...

In GEAR » Westcomb Crest Hoody -- a replacement for the venerable Houdini?
July 13, 9:40pm

Westcomb Crest Hoody -- a replacement for the venerable Houdini?
I recently picked up a Westcomb Crest Hoody because I was concerned about the direction the new Patagonia Houdini is going. It's made of Pertex Equilibrium so it has a bit more stretch than the...

In GEAR » Westcomb Crest Hoody -- a replacement for the venerable Houdini?
July 12, 12:59pm

iPad Mini
I was originally skeptical about the iPad Mini due to its reduced specs (a huge gap to the iPad 4) but after handling one I was sold. To date it has been fast enough and more than capable of replac...

In GEAR » ipad
July 10, 4:16pm

Manix 2 Lightweight
I've got one of these and I absolutely love it. This is my usual backpacking knife. The blade is big enough for anything you might normally need, and then some, and the locking mechanism is as ...

In GEAR » What do you think of Manix Lightweight knife?
July 10, 3:49pm

Platypus
We have used the Platypus to good effect. The way they have the system setup it is nice and extremely convenient to use. Probably the most enjoyable filter setup I have used. I have rigged up a ...

In GEAR » Advice for a large group gravity water filter
July 03, 2:11pm

go for it
In that case, you should go for it if you still desire it. For general, non-backpacking/climbing/alpine-day use I strongly prefer my waterproof/insulated jacket over some other combination of j...

In GEAR » Crux down jackets with event shell
June 27, 9:58pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Komae

Stephen Komae has posted no reviews.