BPL Community Profile

Stephen Komae (skomae) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale northeastern US
About Me Stephen Komae has not added a biography yet.
StateNew York

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Komae

Showing 221 - 230 of 256 | Page: 1 ...7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Forum » Thread

winter bivy
I've had a bit of experience using both a Gore-Tex (OR Alpine) and a generic PU bivy (REI Minimalist) in all seasons. First off, I like bivying, as there's something to be said for the ...

In GEAR » Bivy for solo backpacking in winter?
December 19, 1:52pm

Trailstar
The Trailstar has gotten me intrigued, even though it is a pretty well-known model. I like the flexibility but the ease of pitch of the shaped tarp...

In GEAR » Often-overlooked shelter makers (and models)
December 07, 8:28pm

Often-overlooked shelter makers (and models)
I've been looking at trying something new, probably a shaped tarp or a tarp-tent and I'm wondering if I'm missing any awesome options. I have a lot of experience using a flat tarp, hamm...

In GEAR » Often-overlooked shelter makers (and models)
December 06, 8:35pm

Active Shell
I have the Beta FL (similar to Alpha FL, but different cut and two handwarmer pockets). It is my favorite jacket. In cooler weather (50ยบ and below), the Active Shell maintains comfort in line with...

In GEAR » Arcteryx - great customer support (oh - and choices to make!!!)
December 05, 5:37pm

Re: ColdAvenger
I use the ColdAvenger when it's really cold. Yes, it can cause some moisture to land on your bag. It also has air holes on the bottom, and channels air downwards. I use a down bag in the win...

In GEAR » Equipment to breath warm air at night.
December 05, 5:29pm

differentiation
If we're talking current models: R1: grid fleece inside R2: short fur R3: long fur, Power Stretch sides R4: medium fur + dotted texture + no stretch

In GEAR » Patagonia r sweater
December 05, 5:27pm

Buttermilks
I've put roughly 200 miles on mine and I love it, although I agree some things could be improved. I'd like to throw in my impressions as well. After you put in about 40-50 miles on it, t...

In Editor's Roundtable » Boreas Buttermilks 55 Review
December 05, 8:41am

FitBit
I too use the FitBit. I use the Zip, but after using the Zip for a few months I almost wish I'd waited for the One. The Zip has been great, with a stat-tracking website that can tell you your a...

In GEAR » Pedomoter - Use one? Like it?
November 23, 10:32pm

Re: Talus ColdAvenger Face Mask
I use this for sleeping as well as hiking in cold temps. However, I find it a bit stifling unless it's well below freezing out. When it is really cold, though, it is awesome.

In GEAR » Talus ColdAvenger Face Mask
November 15, 9:27pm

TNF Apex Bionic
I've been beating up a TNF Apex Bionic jacket for years and it's treated me well. It also comes in a hooded version, called the Apex Android. With a midweight fleece vest underneath ...

In GEAR » Looking for a good softshell that can withstand serious abuse
November 13, 3:30pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Komae

Stephen Komae has posted no reviews.