BPL Community Profile

Stephen Komae (skomae) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale northeastern US
About Me Stephen Komae has not added a biography yet.
StateNew York

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Komae

Showing 221 - 230 of 264 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

can't wait
I ordered one of these a few weeks back and it finally arrived for in-store pickup. Looking forward to trying this out as my main pack this year once the snow melts away. Regarding the Buttermi...

In GEAR » REI Flash 45 First Impressions
January 27, 5:07pm

Norsehund Alpha
For this season I decided to try the Merrell Norsehund Alpha. They are the more expensive ($200) Norsehund boot variant and have a removable neoprene inner boot. The rubber goes up and over the toe...

In GEAR » SnowShoe boots?
January 18, 11:21pm

Mountain Hardwear Epic
I use the Mountain Hardwear Epic gloves for shell gloves. They are 100% waterproof and very light, with a light wicking fabric inside and plenty of dexterity. Worth considering.

In GEAR » Shell gloves: Marmot Precip or OR Versaliner
January 18, 11:16pm

Re: Custom
> i wonder if anyone does a custom, basic Polartec high loft (or 200g) jacket. Beyond fleece used to be attractive priced, now its a bit overpriced IMO. Given the realities of sewing custom w...

In GEAR » Thick, warm fleeces?
January 18, 6:40am

side sleeper
I'm a side sleeper as well. For hammocking, the Clark North American has treated me real well, as the design and stiff fabric of the hammock gives it some form that actually creates a prett...

In GEAR » Going from hammocking to the ground - and now stuck in between
January 05, 8:35pm

unsafe
For hiking, your clothes sound adequate. Your body will be able to generate enough heat. However, you will not be happy if you have to stop at all. Carry multiple pairs of socks and gloves. They...

In GEAR » Please evaluate my gear for winter hiking / backpacking.
December 23, 10:58pm

Olicamp XTS
Thanks to a Section Hiker post I ended up picking up one of the Olicamp XTS pots and I gotta say I'm pretty happy with it. It does as its told and boils water quickly enough. Works great with m...

In GEAR » Heat Exchanger Pot for winter camping
December 19, 11:13pm

logistics
I fail to see how it's reasonable to expect that a company repairs (or replaces) your jacket *before* you send it in. In order to do such a thing they'd need to inspect it to see the correc...

In GEAR » Disappointed in Mont-Bell
December 19, 3:37pm

winter bivy
I've had a bit of experience using both a Gore-Tex (OR Alpine) and a generic PU bivy (REI Minimalist) in all seasons. First off, I like bivying, as there's something to be said for the ...

In GEAR » Bivy for solo backpacking in winter?
December 19, 1:52pm

Trailstar
The Trailstar has gotten me intrigued, even though it is a pretty well-known model. I like the flexibility but the ease of pitch of the shaped tarp...

In GEAR » Often-overlooked shelter makers (and models)
December 07, 8:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Komae

Stephen Komae has posted no reviews.