BPL Community Profile

Stephen Komae (skomae) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale northeastern US
About Me Stephen Komae has not added a biography yet.
StateNew York

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Stephen Komae

Showing 221 - 230 of 275 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Sportiva
REI usually stocks the Sportiva Wildcats and C-Lite, which are trail shoes to be reckoned with. My Wildcats are my very favorite trail shoes.

In GEAR » Trail Runners @ REI
April 28, 9:35am

Acme pants
REI Acme Pants. I wear them year round, unless it's really, really hot. Then I wear Arcteryx Rampart pants or lined running shorts.

In GEAR » Favorite pants?
April 26, 9:57am

HiF
Hiking in Finland is one of my very favorites, and I also like SectionHiker.

In GEAR » Favorite Gear Blog
April 23, 11:16am

hammock
Clark Jungle Hammock It's on the heavier side but considering it has a built-in wind sock, a sheltered gear loft, and a massive tarp (great for standalone tarping too!) I'm willing to ta...

In GEAR » If you could have only ONE solo shelter?
April 11, 10:57pm

Power Dry
Last year I experimented with Polartec Power Dry shirts from REI and I was pretty happy. They were very durable and comfortable to wear all day even if I was soaking wet with sweat or rain. Thi...

In GEAR » Mh Canyon Shirt VS RailRider Bone Flats?
April 11, 10:08am

Action Thermawrap alternatives
The Arcteryx Atom LT and the Mountain Hardwear Zonal both feature synthetic insulation and stretch fleece sides. Can't speak to the Zonal, as I've only tried it in store, but the Atom LT st...

In GEAR » Fleece reconsidered
April 10, 9:33am

revelcloud v. nano puff
This is just hearsay but from my time working at REI I had one customer come in and exchange the Revelcloud for the Nano Puff. He said he was wearing his Revelcloud and his buddy a Nano Puff and he...

In GEAR » REI Revel CLoud jacket vs. Patagonia Nano Puff /
April 05, 8:21pm

Arcteryx
I know this thread has gotten off-topic to the point of no return but I'll throw in my two cents. For me as a fairly active backpacker who also does a lot of climbing I really appreciate the...

In GEAR » Should I be carrying more Dead Birds?
February 24, 7:03pm

microtherm jacket
I have the jacket, without the hood. I like it. It's pretty warm, I'd say it's a decent bit warmer than a typical 60g/m2 jacket like the Nano Puff. One thing to note is that it seems...

In GEAR » First Ascent Microtherm Hoody
February 24, 6:19pm

Re: Interesting Question
I'm going to have to agree with the feeling that a windshirt is a luxury. It is by no means, an essential piece of gear the same way a rain jacket is: it doesn't protect you fully against r...

In GEAR » Logic Check: Windshirt
February 19, 1:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Stephen Komae

Stephen Komae has posted no reviews.