Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 221 - 230 of 916 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Seeking Poncho/Tarp help
I am 5' 10" so I dont have any thing to say other than that there are smaller ponchos like the bozeman mountain works poncho tarps. they are lighter too

In GEAR » Seeking Poncho/Tarp help
April 17, 12:58pm

Re: Climashield ?
they sell it at thru-hiker.com the 2.7 weight is .75-1.0 inch loft

In GEAR » Delta discontinued ?
April 15, 11:42am

Re: Re: Re: Bevy of SUL
Pete, did you put the hood in the very middle of the tarp, or put it closer to one side so the other side is longer to put over a pack?

In Make Your Own Gear » Bevy of SUL
April 14, 4:03pm

Re: JMT in July/Aug.
Wow, I was not expecting this extreme of weather in the middle of the summer. so I should expect and plan for extremely rainy weather with night lows around 25. depending on when, mabey even ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » SUMMER TRIP PLANS 2006
April 13, 5:27pm

JMT
Dont know if I will get to it, I am busy this summer. but I hope to be able to do the jhon muir. My dad bought some guide books. the only problem is if we will be free. any one know of the temps...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » SUMMER TRIP PLANS 2006
April 13, 1:47pm

Re: Re: Re: The power of Down Fill
I would like to point out that in mont bell bags, the insulation is not 100% down, it is about 90. the other 10 is feathers. one down side to mont bell

In GEAR » The power of Down Fill
April 12, 10:25am

Arc cocoon
I have heard of a BMW Arc cocoon coming up, anyone have any info, I am guessing that it will be pertex quantum and PG delta. anyone have any more info?

In GEAR » Synthetics
April 10, 12:25pm

Re: Re: Synthetics
Yeah it may weigh more than I think, but probably close, the yards are 60" wide and I would need 55" max and the climasheild says .75"-1" loft so I think one layer would be good to 45, and 2 to 3...

In GEAR » Synthetics
April 10, 12:12pm

Synthetics
I was on a caving trip this weekend, but we camped outside the cave during the nights, and it was raining all weekend, thats three nights of rain. I brought all synthetic insulations on this trip a...

In GEAR » Synthetics
April 10, 11:36am

Exceloft
Exceloft™ insulation uses 8-denier polyester threads as a structure to intertwine with extra thin 0.7-denier threads that add more air pockets and resilience. As a result, Exceloft™ pr...

In GEAR » Best light synthetic 15-25F sleeping bags
April 10, 8:44am

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm