BPL Community Profile

Kathleen Whalen-Burns (rosierabbit) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Kathleen Whalen-Burns has not added a biography yet.
CityStevens Pass
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathleen Whalen-Burns

Showing 221 - 230 of 545 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ...55

Forum » Thread

Merino buffs
Buffwear.com now has buffs in merino wool in 8 colors. I just ordered one to use as a portable hoody to any merino shirt I wear.

In Gear Deals » Merino buffs
August 06, 4:20pm

Spring Pasta Salad
I just had this for lunch (at my desk) and it is another instant Evergreen! It worked well with the dehydrated peas I used, because I don't have freeze-dried. And I didn't have olives. B...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Spring Pasta Salad
August 05, 1:48pm

freeze dried artichokes
Sarah - I'd settle for dehydrated, rather than freeze-dried, artichokes! I've got to figure out a way to get out ahead of you. The baked ramen is all bought up, apparently, before I'v...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » More Recipe Testing - Chicken Pasta Salad - FBC
August 04, 6:48pm

Chicken Pasta Salad
Speaking of desk jobs, I just ate this at my desk where I test drive the fbc recipes. I didn't have the artichoke hearts, but I had everything else, and it is excellent. I used the freeze-dri...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » More Recipe Testing - Chicken Pasta Salad - FBC
August 04, 1:29pm

WTB Golite Reed pants
Well, shucks, Brett! I thought I could lighten your wallet a bit more, but my Reeds I'm willing to part with because I never wear them are a medium.

In Gear Swap » WTB Golite Reed pants XXL
August 04, 1:15pm

New Lightweight Cooking Technique
Al - what are these Philmont foil packages you talk about here and on your link that you eat out of? Are they obtainable empty to put your own food in, or are they the ones the Philmont "peop...

In Philmont » Cooking Systems
July 31, 10:48pm

backpacking with my wife
Elena - have you received my 2 PM's I sent this week? I was trying to discuss our meeting without taking up space on this thread. So here I am doing that very thing!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » backpacking with my wife
July 31, 12:32pm

We should get in touch!
Oh, cool! Elena - I am going to Brian Lewis's presentation on trekking at the Mountaineers this Wednesday evening. Can you come?

July 27, 2:27pm

Another role reversal
There are some good comments here about not having to do everything you enjoy with your spouse. I'm the backpacker in our family, and Mr. B will go on the occasional 2,3, or 4-day trip, but he...

July 23, 1:36pm

Brian's broken leg
I sent Brian a sympathy email, and Casey sent the following information: ...as has become a ULA tradition: ULA-Equipment will be closed from August 1st to December 1st, 2009 while we are out hiki...

In GEAR » ULA not shipping due to injury!
July 16, 8:49am

All Reader Reviews by Kathleen Whalen-Burns

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
I had a similar experience to David's. They sent the inferior space blankets, rather than the correct order, took forever to send a return UPS shipping label, and only yesterday admitted to recei...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 5:35pm

Boomer's Guide to Lightweight Backpacking by Carol Corbridge
I was very disappointed in this book. Luckily, I didn't buy it but had checked it out from the library. For starters, the book is in major need of copy editing. There are lots of awkward sent...

In Books and Media
May 28, 2:04pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These do everything BPL promised - provide comfortable warmth without being bulky. I've worn them under non-winter hiking pants all winter, and they've extended the comfort range down to 7 de...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 10:55am

Hikelight.com Company
I just discovered this website that is based in Oregon. It seems to be a distributor of some of our favorite brands - SixMoonDesigns, Tarptent, Montbell, GraniteGear, and Western Mountaineering. No ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 22, 9:39am

HarmonyHouseFoods.com vegetables and beans
I just received my second order of dehydrated food from Harmony House. First I bought the vegetable pantry stuffer - 16 different quart-sized containers of various dehydrated vegetables, and then a we...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
July 25, 9:08pm

Golite Paradox pants
I'm not sure whether to review these in raingear or softshell clothing, because they're both. They are all-day pants, rather than rain pants to pull on over hiking pants and are made of a fab...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 10, 1:11pm

Sealskinz gloves
I had the same experience as Brett. My non-waterproof gloves absorbed less water than these.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 10, 12:51pm

ULA Circuit
This pack was on backorder, but it came sooner than Brian said it would. I gave it a 2-day test this last weekend on a short backpacking trip in the Cascades. I was pleased that it was as comfortabl...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 06, 1:29pm