BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 221 - 230 of 1537 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ...154

Forum » Thread

Re: arrrgh#$%$#%
Mike, What was the temp for each setting?

In GEAR » GTX paclite DWR issues
November 09, 12:52pm

Re: cap weights
Mike, What size?

In GEAR » synthetic hoodie??
November 07, 5:59pm

Re: synthetic hoodie??
Michel, You said, "...I really like the hoodies. I have BPL and anotherone." My wool size L BPL hoodie weighs 8.75oz. and my size XL Cap 4 hoody (wrong size delivered) weighs 8.64 o...

November 07, 3:19pm

Re: synthetic hoodie??
Patagonia Men's Capilene 4 EW 1/4 Zip Hoody

November 07, 4:03am

Re: rinsed w techwash
Michael, Option B - Call your dryer manufacturer's Customer Service group and ask the specified temperature for each dryer setting.

November 06, 11:16am

Re: Re: GTX paclite DWR issues
Roger, Like you, I always wash my WPB gear in non-detergent soap to insure no residue is left to interfere with the DWR but, for the OP, the care instructions for Gore-Tex outerwear explicitly r...

November 05, 5:41pm

Re: GTX paclite DWR issues
Mike, The fluorocarbon spikes need about 140 F to stand erect, and minimize the surface energy. Buy or rent an IR thermometer and place a large piece of paper masking tape on your dryer watll. ...

November 05, 4:46am

Re: Patagonia makes dry down
DWRs degrade from abrasion as well as washing; every stuff / un-stuff cycle causes abrasion as does just sleeping in or wearing the item.

In GEAR » Patagonia makes dry down
November 03, 3:52pm

Re: 24 Hours: Packrafting the Grande Ronde River
Ryan That was a GREAT trip report and video! What was your initial impression of the Alpacka dry suit?

In Editor's Roundtable » 24 Hours: Packrafting the Grande Ronde River
October 30, 9:25pm

Re: Re: Aeonclad
Tony, Thanks for the note. I am going to try and make the January trip.

In GEAR » Two synergystic technologies coming together?
October 25, 6:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm