BPL Community Profile

Mike Storesund (mikes) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mike Storesund hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Mike Storesund has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike Storesund

Showing 221 - 230 of 283 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

"Hike Your Own Hike"
Hike Your Own Hike: Seven Life Lessons from Backpacking across America is a book written by Francis Tapon. It is the first book of a series. I searched the web and found this link http://www.fran...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » phrase origin
May 03, 11:44am

Multiple Use - PowerPac
Looks like the ultimate "Mr. Gadget" invented this one. All in one pack, tent, pad, bag and carrying device. A lot of thought went into it for sure.

In Multiple Use Gear » Multiple Use Sleeping Bags
May 03, 11:39am

LaraBar
Well after I tried my free LaraBar I bought some more for this last weekend trip. I had the Chocolate Coconut Chew and 3/4 through the bar I bit into something hard. After isolating it, I found it ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Energy Bars
May 02, 2:16pm

Lightweight at Philmont = oxymoron
They do advise you to plan on adding 25 pounds of gear, food and water to each of your 13 crew memebers' packs. If your crew is less than 13, plan on carrying even more than the added 25 pounds. Y...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Philmont Summer 2006 -
April 28, 8:27am

Poles and Straps
I too slip my hand up through the strap then grab the strap and pole. I use the strap to assist in weight transfer to the pole so I do not have to hold the pole as tight. I find if I grip the pole ...

In GEAR » Strap for new Stix Pro Hiking Poles
April 27, 4:17pm

Luxury Lite Trail Stik
I noticed this in the ADZPCTKO article. A 61 x .5 inch carbon tube weighing in at 4 ounces for $79 http://www.luxurylite.com/stikindex.html A solid pole with adjustable grip to almost anywhere on...

In GEAR » Trekking Poles (esp. GossamerGear)
April 27, 3:33pm

LaraBar
I received my free LaraBar and tried it. I got the Banana Cookie, which tastes quite a bit like Banana Nut Bread. The texture is chewy, not like jerky, but more like fruit leather. I would try mor...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Energy Bars
April 27, 9:07am

Garmin Geko Coverage
Patrick mentions a good post on the Geko series. I have a Geko 301 and I have experienced spotty coverage ("Weak Signal") under medium tree cover. I have learned not to keep the unit on, and only g...

In GEAR » Garmin Geko 201
April 26, 2:38pm

Equinox Bivy
A 6.5 oz. bivy for $60, you almost can't go wrong. This bivy does not look like it has a no-see-um net incorporated in the zipper, but is stored in a no-see-um sack.

In GEAR » Has anyone used an Equinox bivy?
April 25, 11:02pm

23 Year old tent
Wow, the tent has been around for 23 years. That sounds like you got your monies worth out of it. Like the previous post mentions, you can possibly get the floor replaced, but unless you do the r...

In GEAR » Re-waterproofing a backpacking tent
April 25, 1:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Mike Storesund

Showing 1 - 10 of 12 | Page: 1 2

Review

Category

Photon Light Proton Personal Flashlight
I would give the Proton a 4 out of 5 score primarily because of its high cost ($69). It is an excellent light if you need to do any emergency signaling at night or if you need a high intensity beam fo...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 27, 9:11am

Six Moon Designs Lunar Solo
I like the simplicity in the concept of the design. It is a combination of bivy sack and single wall tent with plenty of room that weighs in at 25 ounces. The bathtub floor and netting along the floor...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
September 24, 1:11am

ULA H2O Amigo
I too am a firm believer in gravity filters. It is a blessing that you can still get filtered water with little effort while you complete some other chore around camp. I have used self made gravity fi...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
September 24, 12:59am

Beyond Backpacking by Ray Jardine
I believe each post have their valid points. I believe the general consensus, mine included, is that Beyond Backpacking © is something that should be on every backpacker’s bookshelf. I have read and r...

In Books and Media
September 11, 9:20am

Go Lite Speed
I rate this pack a 5. I also have its smaller brother the GoLite Race, which I gave my son. For 2 pounds, not including ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
September 02, 11:40am

GoLite Breeze
I have to say this is not the worst pack I ever had, but close to it. I do like the simplicity, but the straps are just killer. With 18 pounds I can carry on one shoulder and switch sides, but when ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
August 29, 4:05pm

Photon Freedom Micro (White)
These are great little lights! I have the White, Red and Blue with 2 clips. I wear the White and Red on my lanyard and keep the Blue on a hat clip. The Blue was bought as a joke with the Scouts... H...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
August 29, 3:58pm

REI Peak UL
I bought these to replace my older / heavier poles. I prefer collapsible poles so I can adjust the height with my tarps and my SMD Lunar Solo. I did the research before buying and was concerned about...

In Trekking Poles
August 25, 8:52am

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
I had one of these for almost a year. I thought the four pot supports were a great idea and wish more manufacturers would do so. However I had a few issues and thanks to REI return policy I was able t...

In Stoves - Canister
August 24, 1:51pm

Brunton Crux
I think this stove is the next generation of things to come. With a collapsible burner head, it folds over for 3.1 ounces of ultimate compact ability. The oversized burner head offers a better burn an...

In Stoves - Canister
August 24, 1:21pm