BPL Community Profile

kevin timm (ktimm) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado (SeekOutside)
About Me kevin timm has not added a biography yet.
CityRidgway
StateColorado
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seekoutside.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by kevin timm

Showing 221 - 230 of 264 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

There is more to it than that
"Physics sucks, doesn't it." I meant there is a lot more to it than a low profile. I routinely see large round floorless tents handle winds in the 40 - 50 MPH range. There is p...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tent fail this weekend
May 19, 8:16pm

Low Profile or flat edges
I would dispute the low profile comment. I've had a small dome tent blow away while an 8 ft tall tipi withstood the wind fine. Flat sides and edges are a problem. Also with floored shelters...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Tent fail this weekend
May 19, 2:22pm

Ti Foil
I find punching holes works best with a good punch. A paper punch isn't really sufficient and might leave wierd bends. Drilling, won't make clean holes with stuff that thin. You can get a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Ti Foil screen for small pot
May 19, 8:55am

You might like
I'm not trying to post commercially, but our two person might be a good fit. http://seekoutside.com/2-person-tipi-tour/ It's been used by customers in 60MPH winds. The tent has numer...

In GEAR » Which shelter?
May 18, 4:18pm

I like Ouray
It's nice in the summer. A lot of places to get away

In Chaff » if you had a summer to live anywhere in the USA...
May 17, 8:41am

Under 10 lbs
I use - - ULA Epic (I carried 30 lbs 20 miles over the weekend and it was fine ) 2.5 lbs - tipi style tent we manufacture that sleeps 3 or 4 (seekoutside.com 2 person) 3 lbs - 30 degree d...

In Gear Lists » Creating a new gear list under 1500$
May 17, 7:01am

Seek Outside Memorial day sale
In honor of the men and women that have served our country we are extending our standard military discount of 10% to everyone on orders of more than $40.00. Offer good until June 1st Use coupon ...

In Gear Deals » Seek Outside Memorial day sale
May 16, 8:38am

Kids backpacking
I've done a fair amount of backpacking with the kids, using our tipi's as single wall, double wall and using tarps as well. We meaning seekoutside.com combine as much into the tipi shell as...

In GEAR » How to sleep a family of 4?
May 10, 2:29pm

Tipi Setup
Granted I'm a bit biased and have a lot of practice , but I can pitch a big tipi in 5 - 7 minutes. As long as you get the first couple stakes right, the rest is just pulling the side taught and...

In GEAR » Mid vs. Hex vs. Tipi
May 06, 9:29am

Mid , Hex , Tipi
I'm partial to Tipi's :) I have a 9 ft tall proto in my yard and yesterday the winds were whipping and it was fine even though it wasn't pitched that well. I'm partial to slightly s...

In GEAR » Mid vs. Hex vs. Tipi
May 05, 2:59pm

All Reader Reviews by kevin timm

kevin timm has posted no reviews.