BPL Community Profile

Backpack Jack (jumpbackjack) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Armpit of California
About Me I do most of my hiking in California around Kings Canyon,Bishop area, would eventually like to hike some other states or even countries. I have been hiking about 6 or 7 years now and love it. Every year can't wait for the next trip. See you on the trail.
CityBakersfield
StateCalifornia
CountryU.S.A.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Backpack Jack

Showing 221 - 230 of 1666 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ...167

Forum » Thread

WTB: 30-40F bag/quilt
Chris, Do you have the room mates name? Over time I've acquired a certain set of skills, skills that would make his life miserable, if I contact him, and ask him to let the bag go, nothing w...

In Gear Swap » WTB: 30-40F bag/quilt
April 03, 10:03pm

Home Sewing Machine
I'm also looking for a nice home machine that will do Silnylon, I've been looking at the Janome HD 1000 and the Juki TL98Q. Does anybody have any thoughts on these machines? I like the Jano...

In Make Your Own Gear » Sailright Ultrafeed vs home sewing machine for Bilgy Tent
April 03, 8:55am

wtb, Quilt 45*F (+ or -)
PM sent

In Gear Swap » wtb, Quilt 45*F (+ or -)
April 02, 10:41pm

Trekking poles
Try you're local Costco http://www.costco.com/Yukon-Charlie%27s-Carbon-Trekking-Poles.product.100011308.html?catalogId=10701&keyword=trekking+poles&langId=-1&storeId=10301

In Gear Swap » Wtb, Adjustable Trekking Poles
April 01, 11:03pm

Co. Trip update
Hey everybody, It looks like I may have to cancel the Co. trip in Aug, I'll know for sure by the end of next week. I hope this doesn't cause any problems with the people that had to a...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mooroon Bells Co. all those I invited
March 30, 10:09am

FS: Small Essential Stuff Spring Cleaning
Jay, I'll take the other set of cards. Jack

In Gear Swap » FS: Small Essential Stuff Spring Cleaning
March 27, 11:00pm

disclaimer
I'd like to start off by saying I don't have a gear addiction or problem, I see gear I buy gear, no problem! Oh wait, wears that credit card? Jack

In Gear Swap » Gear swap needs a disclaimer
March 26, 9:12am

Home made dehydrated spagghetti w/ sauce
Sorry Eric I couldn't resist any longer., if you want I can delete it, everyone that has tried this has loved it. This was taken at Glacier National Park Sept 2012. I think this is all the ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Your FAVORITE trail meal ever
March 25, 11:18pm

Mitt pattern
Stephen, Try this pattern, it's very simple but really efficient. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=43035 Jack

In Make Your Own Gear » FroggToggs Rain mitts
March 25, 10:41pm

Early Spring Eastern Sierras
If there's no snow than you could try Gem lakes 3.5 miles and 650 incline with some of the best scenery for such a short hike. There is also Tyee lakes, but this is a much steeper climb, may...

In Winter Hiking » Early Spring Eastern Sierras
March 25, 12:52am

All Reader Reviews by Backpack Jack

Backpack Jack has posted no reviews.