BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 221 - 230 of 1838 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ...184

Forum » Thread

Re: Pot Lid
Stuart, +1 on what everyone else said! But don't leave us hanging ... ya gotta tell us about yer bashing technique.

In Make Your Own Gear » Pot Lid
March 10, 6:56pm

Re: Pee bottle?? best practices
Where did you get all those photos? Are you a game warden or something? I am not but I know a couple game wardens. Those photos were the result of a google image search.

In GEAR » Pee bottle?? best practices
March 10, 12:38pm

Re: slumming it
switchblade Oh the nostalgia ... how I long for the days when I could (and did) have one in my pocket at school ... and played the "who can throw it and get it stuck in the ground closest t...

In GEAR » It's Just So Cute!!!
March 10, 6:47am

Re: Re: Re: Pee bottle?? best practices
>> I dare you to stand under a full moon with frost on the brush all around and NOT look >> over your shoulder during the process. So, so ..... vulnerable. >Vulnerable to what? ...

In GEAR » Pee bottle?? best practices
March 10, 6:35am

Re: That's pretty lame
The blue screw on male nipple attachment is redundant. I'd bet it is also painful!

In GEAR » "New product that radically shifts how backpackers approach field hydration"
March 09, 2:51pm

I'm off the fence: Northern Midwest Hiking-Centric GGG @ Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
The decision's been made for me ... grand grandson's first birthday celebration will be on the 24th. Wouldn't miss that even if I could get away with it. Enjoy the trip, I'll l...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Northern Midwest Hiking-Centric GGG @ Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
March 05, 10:17pm

Re: R-value
lets look at Roger's NeoAir test data (2009) Neoair models relying only on layers of reflective material wouldn't be an apples-apples comparison to down or synthetic insulated clothing. ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Impact of Wind on Insulation Loft
March 02, 10:53am

Re: Northern Midwest Hiking-Centric GGG @ Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
Jim from Minnesota was another possibility too, right? Yes. I still remain a possibility ... will need to get off the fence soon. On one hand, it's pushing the limit of where I'm wil...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Northern Midwest Hiking-Centric GGG @ Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore
March 02, 7:47am

insulation vs thickness: Impact of Wind on Insulation Loft
While they were not involved with clothing, it might be useful to look at the R-value vs thickness results in Roger's and Will's 2011 tests and articles about many many insulated sleeping m...

In Editor's Roundtable » Impact of Wind on Insulation Loft
March 02, 6:24am

Re: Best wildlife encounters?
Not my encounter (unfortunately) and yes, this was a "tourist activity" but this would rate very high for me

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Best wildlife encounters?
February 28, 6:16am

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am