BPL Community Profile

Steve S (idahosteve) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Idaho
About Me Left the climbing arena recently, and am now lightening my load in anticipation of wandering all over the high country!
StateIdaho
My Website URLhttp://www.getlostoffroad.com
My PDF Gear Listshr gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve S

Showing 221 - 230 of 286 | Page: 1 ...10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Forum » Thread

newer cannister stove
I purchased and started using the Snow Peak Lite Max stove this last season, and have been super impressed with its performance. Its super light, 1.9oz, and has a pretty full range from torch to si...

In GEAR » canister stove options
October 04, 7:17am

ebay ion
there is an Ion pack on ebay right now http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320596907525&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

In GEAR » Packs similar to the Golite Ion?
October 04, 7:10am

DIY Dehydrating
I've been thinking about doing some dehydrating, and I have a sizable garden. However, lots of produce that is great in "season" is really not worth much later on. My question is wh...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » DIY Dehydrating
September 29, 11:49am

Wild Oasis
Yes, I'm interested. What are you asking for it? Pics?

In Gear Swap » WTB- SMD Wild Oasis
September 28, 4:40pm

WTB- SMD Wild Oasis
Looking to buy a SMD Wild Oasis

In Gear Swap » WTB- SMD Wild Oasis
September 26, 4:42pm

come on idaho!
come on idaho hikers, the weather is still incredible in the high country, the elk are bugling, and we should try and get one more trip in! are there any hikers out there who would like to try a...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » come on idaho!
September 24, 8:01am

Re: Cool
My recollection is foggy at best, but I thought that you ran the tumpline in a loop, up from and under the bottom of the pack, and put the wide web across your forehead.

In Make Your Own Gear » Tumpline
September 23, 7:55am

Re: Heineken Kegs...New shape?
I just made my first two keg pots, and I used an IKEA style side cutter, and I noticed two things. First, you have the ability to squeeze to the depth you want to cut to. I didn't realize this ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Heineken Kegs...New shape?
September 20, 4:55pm

Re: Interesting
I'll get a pic for you and post it up! found the tumpline, here's a pic of it. I remember reading about Chouinard talking about it takes some practice to get your neck strengthened, and ...

September 20, 7:11am

tumpline
Years ago, and I mean long ago, LOL, Chouinard aka Patagonia used to sell them. I just found it in my boxes the other day. If your interested, pay for postage and I'll send it to you! I can sen...

September 18, 10:39am

All Reader Reviews by Steve S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Snow Peak LiteMax
I decided to go with the cannister stove out of familarity instead of alcohol. I'm a new UL user, transitioning from a technical climbing background. The old MSR gas stoves were our mainstay for m...

In Stoves - Canister
July 12, 8:39am