Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Greg Mihalik (greg23) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Colorado
About Me Hiker, biker, skier.
greg at smgm dot org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Greg Mihalik

Showing 221 - 230 of 5845 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ...585

Forum » Thread

Sierra Snowpack 2015
Perhaps a "repeat post", but Search didn't find it ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sierra Snowpack 2015
March 18, 7:57am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My Maths
I'm confused ... .... which god are the atheists not believing in? .... are we talking about WASP atheists? .... or Buddhist atheists? .... the god minding the 1.6 billion muslims in the ...

In Chaff » The basic math behind Christianity...
March 17, 6:55pm

Re: Luck o' the Irish PSA
I always tell the guy with the knife to remove an extra 25% beyond what he thinks is prudent, because I don't want to come back to do it again. Long pants, long sleeved hoody, sun gloves, an...

In Chaff » Luck o' the Irish PSA
March 17, 9:50am

Re: mo' drivel in 2015
There is an often floated recommendation - "Don't Feed the Trolls" IMHO the same goes of messiahs. Just Step Away from the Keyboard...

In Chaff » Proud of my fellow BPLrs.
March 17, 9:43am

Re: questions
Anything can be screwed up. We use "Backpack Gourmet" with great success. The possibility that the OP was "baiting" the forum is high.

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » disgusting recipes!
March 15, 8:14am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: nice ... trick
"3. It reduces green house gas emission by 2/3 compared to shipping regular alcohol." But then you have to add back the incoming shipment of the powder, its footprint, and the footprin...

In On the Web » Palcohol approved by TTB
March 14, 4:20pm

Re: Re: 3/14/15 9:26:53
"They"? The Egyptians first wrote about it in 1650 BCE, so knew about it before then.

In Chaff » 3/14/15 9:26:53
March 14, 11:51am

Re: Re: PSA: How To Annoy A Mom on BPL
Just in case you missed the other post - "Star Six Nine" It used to be possible ... Immediately after the call punch in *69, then call your phone company and ask for the last inc...

In Chaff » PSA: How To Annoy A Mom on BPL
March 14, 10:18am

Re: Re: Re: What do you use to carry food?
Silnylon Bag(s). I nest "stackable" potato chips in ziplock snack bags. (Two ounces. 300 calories.) Day 10 chips often emerge intact. It's an essential UL skill.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » What do you use to carry food?
March 14, 10:05am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Proud of my fellow BPLrs.
"Star Six Nine" It used to be possible ... Immediately after the call punch in *69, then call your phone company and ask for the last incoming number. Call your phone company to ...

In Chaff » Proud of my fellow BPLrs.
March 14, 9:39am

All Reader Reviews by Greg Mihalik

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Therm-a-Rest Neoair
This rating reflects use below 40° F. For summer use it could go much higher. I have wanted to try the Therm-A-Rest Neoair (72"), hoping it would be both light and warm. I've been thr...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
April 18, 10:35am

Petzl e+LITE
Just to get my experience into this thread here is a ...

In Lights - Flashlights & Headlamps
December 02, 7:00pm

Alpkit CarbonLite
Poor packing on my part resulted in a TD 12-10 stove getting a little squashed. I straightened it out as best possible and continued to use it for 8 more days, with no discernable loss of functionali...

In Trekking Poles
June 09, 6:23pm