BPL Community Profile

Hoot Filsinger (filsinger) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Started backpacking in 1968 with my first and only Kelty Pack. Have enjoyed many adventures in Los Padres, Sierra Nevada, Cascades, and coastal hiking in the Pacific Northwest.Colin Fletcher was my mentor in my youth and I now enjoy the kind and knowledgeable folks at BPL.
CityCrescent City
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Hoot Filsinger

Showing 221 - 230 of 276 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

eb vest
Marc, I have an EB First Ascent downlight vest in dark brown (not sure of exact color name)in new condition (only tried on in house).I bought at the same sale as you and will sell for $50 shippe...

In Gear Swap » WTT/WTB Black Eddie Bauer Downlight Vest
March 29, 6:29pm

underarmour shirts
pm sent

In Gear Swap » 3 Underarmour shirts Xl $25
March 18, 9:16pm

pm sent
pm sent

In Gear Swap » [FS] One Big Box of Assorted Thru-Hiking Stuff - fabric, containers, sea to summit pyramid, peek pronto, tru-lemon LMF Ti-spork, BPL Ti-esbit stove
February 20, 10:45am

chouinard pyramid
I have a classic chouinard pyramid tent if interested. Bill http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?forum_thread_id=31031

In Gear Swap » WTB: Large Pyramid Tarp, Tyvek, Rain Skirt and Packraft
January 29, 6:11pm

quilt
PM sent

In Gear Swap » Sale of TT Moment, GG Miniposa, Ultra20 Quilt, Small Neoair
January 28, 7:57pm

Use seam ripper tool
Jason, A seam ripper tool is the safest method for cutting stitches and removing tags. A couple bucks at any store that sells sewing supplies.Start at one end and cut top stitches first and gent...

In GEAR » How to remove Western Mountaineering bag tags?
January 11, 8:02pm

Check out this new product by BearPaw Wilderness Designs
Tyson, BearPaw Wilderness Designs makes a cuben tarp/tent called the Cub Den.I own a custom prototype with perimeter netting and give it high marks for design, constuction, price and customer sati...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Cuben Tarp (preferably Duo, catenary cut)
January 11, 7:30pm

Hydropel
Next in line please.

In Gear Swap » Hydropel -- 2 oz tube -- New -- $15 inc shipping
December 23, 3:43pm

MSR Whisperlite
Eric, I don't have the kit but willing to sell the MSR Whisperlite Intl Stove unit for $50 shipped. Very little use in very good condition. Bill

In Gear Swap » WTB: MSR Whisperlite Intl Expedition Kit
December 21, 11:46pm

question
Is that a cuben fiber trampoline in your avatar? Also is Bakersfield or Taft the armpit of California?

In Gear Swap » FS closet cleaning
December 13, 5:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Hoot Filsinger

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Bearpaw Wilderness Designs company
John at Bearpaw was terrific to work with. He listened to my needs and designed a cuben fiber structure similar to the cub den but with slight mods to fit my big boy size. He backs his warranty, send...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 27, 12:23am

Saywer Squeeze Filtration System
SP131- Sawyer Squeeze Filter – multiple capacity The NEW Sawyer Squeeze Filter is the lightest and most versatile filtration system on the market. With a total field weight of 3 ounces, it is extr...

In Hydration - Water Treatment
June 03, 7:58pm

Tarptent Contrail
I used the Contrail in the Cascades and was impressed with the design and weight. The bug net paid for itself the first two nights. I stayed dry in light rain and moderate wind and had very little con...

In Shelters - Single Wall Tents
March 11, 11:48pm