Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Danny Milks (dannymilks) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sierras
About Me After having worked for four years at UC Davis Outdoor Adventures (as an assistant manager and guide) and two years at Shasta Mountain Guides (as a guide), my wife and I have decided it's time for a change. We got rid of everything we owned and are now in the midst of a multi-year world travel. We are mostly interested in healthy food and backpacking in all of the great mountain ranges. When we had a "home" we enjoyed cycling, backcountry skiing, running, and gardening.
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://trektogether.blogspot.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Danny Milks

Showing 221 - 230 of 232 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Food
Ike- I will address your food question in two parts. First, I will describe my food preferences and second, I will describe the food we ate while traveling and more specifically, while backpack...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Global Test: One Gear List for Two Years and Five Continents
July 14, 12:47pm

Thanks for the Support
Thank you all for the support and kind words. Initially, Kristin and I were a bit nervous in submitting this article. We have been reading BPL for years and so this was kind of a big deal. Plus, th...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Global Test: One Gear List for Two Years and Five Continents
July 14, 12:41am

A Good Netbook Can Be Worth Its Weight In Gold
Brian - Good question. Internet cafes were widely available and typically very cheap. Most hostels had a computer or three available for backpacker use for free or a small fee. However, I would ...

July 13, 6:04pm

The Fake Wallet
Jon - In my back pants pocket, I carry a simple, thin wallet filled with about $10-15 in various currencies and a few "credit cards." The credit cards look real but are actually a collect...

July 13, 4:20pm

2 Person Kitchen
We use: Evernew 1.3 liter Titanium Pot 2 Orikaso Bowls (good for cutting board, plate, bowl or mug) 2 Sporks or spoons, plactic or titanium Wenger Evo Classic Knife Coleman F1 Ultralight or MS...

In GEAR » 2 Person Kitchen
June 22, 10:02am

Golite Jam2 with 20" pole sections (TT Double Rainbow)
My wife and I each have a Golite Jam2 and use the pole from our TarpTent Double Rainbow as a frame. She has been using this setup exclusively in our current nine-month backpacking tour of South Ame...

In GEAR » Tent pole framed backpack?
June 22, 9:28am

test link
http://tortinafavola.blogspot.com/2009/11/gear-of-day-sarong.html link here

In User Test Forum » Test
June 22, 9:24am

Check out Rab bivvies
You should look into Rab. They have a number of high-quality, light-weight bivvies. Their Ultra Bivi is 225 grams and made of Pertex.If you need super storm proof and high breathability, check out ...

In GEAR » lightest bivy
August 20, 11:10pm

Rab is top quality
Hey Brad, I can whole-heartedly recommend Rab clothing. A lot of the mountain guides I know hold Rab in highest regards. The quality is up there with Mammut, but Rab seems to push the envelope m...

In GEAR » Westcomb vs. Rab
August 15, 9:10am

Tatra Mountains - yes, go!
Andy - I was in Zakopane a few years ago during the winter. All I could see was endless backcountry skiing opportunities... I befriend some locals and stayed with them. They showed me the pictur...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Poland - Tatra mountains - Zakopane: also Brandenburg
July 17, 4:09pm

All Reader Reviews by Danny Milks

Danny Milks has posted no reviews.