Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Myers (dallas) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me John Myers has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Myers

Showing 221 - 230 of 271 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Thorofare Pants + shorts?
I could use some advice and/or opinions: I'm planning a CT hike this summer and am using my ExOfficio convertable zip pants for both my long pants and shorts. They weigh 12.5 oz but include ...

In GEAR » Thorofare Pants + shorts?
January 13, 8:59am

UL - Philmont
Noah, Good choice to start now gearing up for Philmont. It gives you time to refine your list and see what you like and don't like. My son and I went to Philmont last summer and I agree wit...

In Gear Lists » Ultralight backpacking gear lists.
January 12, 2:48pm

Ashley, My experience with a Capilene 2 base layer, MB UL down jacket, Frogg Toggs rain jacket and Turtlefur balaclava is that I am comfortable down to 35 degrees sitting around camp. I get overhe...

In GEAR » base + MB inner + rain jacket = ? (min temp)
January 08, 3:48pm

10 Rules For Expedition Behavior
Expedition Behavior The Finer Points Howard Tomb A good expedition team is like a powerful, well-oiled, finely tuned marriage. Members cook meals together, carry burdens together and face c...

In Philmont » Kid and Dad are a handful
December 02, 6:51pm

Sam, Philmont is so special that everything possible should be done to make it a positive experience for those lucky enough to go. The training/shakedown hike ideas are good. If those do not ...

In Philmont » Kid and Dad are a handful
December 02, 7:22am

Found a pack, thanks
Thanks guys, On the water, I use the fire stairwell at our building and walk up and down so no need to dump the water. I considered trying to fit a 5 gallon water bottle in my pack once. Regards...

In Gear Swap » WTB - Heavy Backpack
November 25, 6:02am

WTB - Heavy Backpack
Looking for a cheap used backpack capable of comfortably carrying a 45 lb load. Weight of the pack is not important. This is for stair training purposes, none of my packs will hold that much ...

In Gear Swap » WTB - Heavy Backpack
November 24, 8:22am

No, it is removable. Maybe breathability isn't an issue then. That would obviously increase my options.

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightest Fabric?
November 24, 8:13am

silk weight
The silk sleeping bag liner I am using now weighs 4 oz. It is 78" long and about 30" wide at the top. I will try to calculate the area, but it is a mummy shaped liner so I'm not sure...

November 24, 6:05am

Lightest Fabric?
I want to make a sleeve to cover a GG evazote thinlight pad for my hammock. I tried a silk sleeping bag liner that worked well but wondered if there is something even lighter that would work. It n...

November 23, 8:25pm

All Reader Reviews by John Myers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Zpacks Exo with external stays
I recently returned from a 10 day trek at Philmont Scout Ranch and took a ZPack Exo external frame pack. My base weight was 10 pounds but I wanted a pack that could handle the extra weight and volu...

In Backpacks - External Frame
June 26, 1:55pm