Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

John Myers (dallas) - BPL Professional Member

My Locale North Texas
About Me John Myers has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John Myers

Showing 221 - 230 of 263 | Page: 1 ...8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Forum » Thread

silk weight
The silk sleeping bag liner I am using now weighs 4 oz. It is 78" long and about 30" wide at the top. I will try to calculate the area, but it is a mummy shaped liner so I'm not sure...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightest Fabric?
November 24, 6:05am

Lightest Fabric?
I want to make a sleeve to cover a GG evazote thinlight pad for my hammock. I tried a silk sleeping bag liner that worked well but wondered if there is something even lighter that would work. It n...

In Make Your Own Gear » Lightest Fabric?
November 23, 8:25pm

Philmont Stoves
Doug, We used a Windpro and a MSR Dragonfly. Much preferred the Windpro, the Dragonfly was dirtier and more tempermental. We took one 8 oz container for the Windpro and resupplied twice. Fo...

In Philmont » Backpacking Light @ Philmont
November 17, 1:24pm

Whim
PM sent

In Gear Swap » FS: GOLITE WHIM PANTS-MENS SIZE LARGE
November 16, 2:08pm

HH to ground
I am interested in this also as I am planning a CT hike with my hammock. There are some extended areas above treeline and for some reason, hammocks seem to work best when trees are available. F...

In Multiple Use Gear » ground sleeping in a hammock
November 08, 7:28pm

REI - take the cash
Bobby, I like REI and shop there often, but in your case I think you would get more bang for the buck if you take the cash and shop around for good UL gear. John

In GEAR » $500 at REI and nothing to buy....
November 05, 6:37am

chafing
Having had experience with those issues in the past, 2 things have worked for me; ExOfficio boxer briefs was one, going commando with the ExOfficio convertable zip off pants with the built in mesh ...

In GEAR » Chafing and the merits of going commando
October 30, 11:27am

It comes in colors
I am looking for a cuben tarp and would prefer olive gray/foliage green over the stock white color. I personally prefer muted/natural over bright/primary colors.

In Make Your Own Gear » Cuben Fiber in Colors
October 23, 1:55pm

REI - sale item
Don't know the weight, but this might work for you. http://www.rei.com/product/748179

In GEAR » Looking for small Mesh stuff bags
August 25, 3:59pm

long sleeved shirts
Andrea, I have the Rail Riders Eco Mesh and the Ex Officio Air Strip Lite long sleeved shirts. I like them both. I have found that I actually feel cooler wearing the light colored Ex Officio sh...

In GEAR » Could lemon eucalyptus bug repellent attract bears?
August 04, 4:10pm

All Reader Reviews by John Myers

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Exo with external stays
I recently returned from a 10 day trek at Philmont Scout Ranch and took a ZPack Exo external frame pack. My base weight was 10 pounds but I wanted a pack that could handle the extra weight and volu...

In Backpacks - External Frame
June 26, 1:55pm