BPL Community Profile

john Tier (Peter_pan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA
About Me Co-Owner of Jacks 'R' Better LLC
Citywilliamsburg
StateVA
My Website URLhttp://www.jacksrbetter.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by john Tier

Showing 221 - 230 of 248 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: what's the big deal?
FWIW, I enjoy BPL and this medium...As a technical neaderthal, paper appeals... tho I abhor the waste of trees...which are a major part of my outdoors experience....the future is in technology... ...

In Chaff » BPL double charging?
February 07, 5:27am

Re: WP/B Commentary
Respectfully, I disagree with your view of breathability during the rain...In 2003 while hikeing in a down pour on the AT in shorts and a silk weight patagonia t shirt, I was soaked and then the te...

In Editor's Roundtable » Waterproof-Breathable Technologies
February 01, 7:04am

Re: Synthetic Quilts
To paraphrase Henry Ford," You can have any fill you want as long as it is Down". When we started in 2003 we decided not only to fill an empty nitche but to be the best under quilt and quilt mak...

In GEAR » Warm Hammocking and UL-- Oxymoron?
January 29, 3:43pm

Sewing tips for Velcro
First, use 100% polyester thread (Gutermann's works great).... Second,use a realitively fine universal needle ( 11 works well)...finer needle are great but will break frequently. Third, set ...

In GEAR » Repairing velcro on silnylon.
January 28, 5:58am

Re: Insulation "Quality"
Down is definately 3 dimensional .... It is often sited that, ounce for ounce, it has the highest warmth to weight ratio of all insulations... seems to suggest an efficiency/effectiveness edge t...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Insulation "Quality"
January 11, 2:07pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hammock warmth
There is really no reason that hammock use is not more wide spread in the UL community... Carol has aptly demonstrated multiple viable approaches to hammock camping with SUL loads below the arbitra...

In GEAR » UL hommock camping
January 07, 6:52am

Re: Re: Re: o2 rainshield
Yeah...this stuff sure keeps my A$$ dry....Should have guessed... :-) I do field repairs with small pieces of duct tape...works great, some repairs are going into the third year now... Jack

In GEAR » Dispoable Backpacking Gear?
December 30, 10:21am

Re: o2 rainshield
Oh Contrare... I used O2 Rainwear for a 650 mile section of the AT in Rainy 03...wore them almost every day.... put another 30 days of weekend hikes on them... they are still servicable, but ret...

In GEAR » Dispoable Backpacking Gear?
December 30, 6:19am

Re: Re: take the scale
FTR... I carried my scale into the local outfitters, Blue Ridge Mountain Sports, Williamsburg VA,so many times that they got two models to keep in the store for anyone use... Yea!

In GEAR » duralite pots
December 21, 5:35pm

Re: Re: Re: wish for longer tarp
Mark, Here is one place to find such a tarp. http://216.83.168.206/index_files/Products%20List_files/8x8%20SilNyl%20Tarp.htm Note. as owner, designer I'm biased.

In GEAR » Condensation problems in Vapr Bivy. Suggestions?
December 19, 11:56am

All Reader Reviews by john Tier

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox Silnylon Poncho
Agree with Richard on the mods.... all easy to do....I've had the extended length model for over 4 years and it is super through the mid season.... and yes it will cover a HH. Here is my mod......

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 6:10pm