BPL Community Profile

Lance Marshall (Lancem) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Lance Marshall has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.wvi.com/~ulmyog/
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear Lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lance Marshall

Showing 221 - 230 of 238 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Breathable nylon source
Have you tried The RainShed? Here is one of their fabrics that may suit your purposes: Ultra Flare Nylon Ripstop A lightweight 40 denier ripstop You can make a jacket of this windbreak fab...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help Needed in finding a breathable nylon
April 07, 11:35am

Bacon Bars
At the risk of dating myself also, 'Wilson' brand Bacon Bar comes to mind. A quick Google search comes up empty. Broken apart, the bacon was like the moist bacon crumbles you would put on ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 3000 Calorie Reserve Ideas?
April 03, 6:36pm

Carpet mistery
The carpet is a special heat sinking, non-combustible, broom finish product I had laid (poured) in my driveway!!! Thanks for the positive comments.

In Make Your Own Gear » wood stove
March 09, 8:35pm

More wood stove
Roger, Here is a 2D cross section and some pictures in use. It used a lot more fuel than I expected, even for it's maiden voyage. Estimating the BTUs in the grams of fuel used vs the BTUs a...

March 08, 9:46pm

Wood stove prototype questions.
I made the holes with a punch from Harbor Freight. Cost about $25, but it's been HANDY! The pint can 'hangs' upside down from the top of the stove. Here are the steps I took: ...

March 08, 2:28pm

BB Wood stove prototype
Here are a few pics of a 'paint can' wood stove prototype. The outside of the burner is made from a new quart size paint can ($1.99). The inside of the burner is made from a new pint size...

March 08, 1:08pm

Water bag questions
Thanks for the positive comments. Here are a few more pictures to clarify the differences between the Coghlan bag and the RW bag. The perimeter of the Coghlan bag is gathered in pleats and sewn...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Silnylon Water Bag
March 04, 12:23pm

Water bag.
Coghlans sells a coated nylon water bag. $9.95 at Campmor and others. Mine weights 49 grams and has held up well. Making one the 'Ray Way' is pretty simple. The one pictured below ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Silnylon Water Bag
March 04, 2:26am

Nalgene filter
SteriPEN markets the 'Hydro Photon Water Bottle Pre-Filter" that attaches directly to a Nalgene bottle. $14 at REI, less at other places.

In GEAR » Filter / Screen for Nalgene Bottles
March 02, 12:02pm

Pillow Case
One option is to use a sleeve of the insulating garment as the pillow case. Stuff the garment 'inside out' into one of the sleeves. This works pretty well with fleece. I haven't trie...

In Make Your Own Gear » Pillow Case?
March 02, 12:12am

All Reader Reviews by Lance Marshall

Lance Marshall has posted no reviews.