Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Lance Marshall (Lancem) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Oregon
About Me Lance Marshall has not added a biography yet.
My Website URLhttp://www.wvi.com/~ulmyog/
My PDF Gear ListPCT Gear Lists

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Lance Marshall

Showing 221 - 230 of 242 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

Re: Tarptent Design Questions
Materials cost around $65 (silnylon was $2.95/yd from Noah Lamport). I guestimate about 24-28 hours from cutting out the pattern to completion. Past projects include a flat tarp (still use),...

In Make Your Own Gear » Tarptent design (Lunar Duo clone)
June 15, 11:25am

Re: Tarptent Design
Thanks for your comments and questions. Here is some more info. Re: Is it done up in silnylon? Fly and floor are silnylon. Netting is standard No-See-Um. Kelty Triptease tie-outs. Optional E...

June 15, 9:41am

DIY Tarptent Pics
Here is another variation of a DIY tarptent. Wide enough for two, but the 84" long floor is probably tight for a six footer. Weighs 23-1/2 oz with tie outs. Floor Area is 60" wide f...

June 12, 6:46pm

Bail Without Holes
Steve- Here are concept pics of a bail added to a pot without drilling holes. It looks like it should work. You might use a small, stiff spring to connect the ends of the ‘girth’ wire, so th...

In Make Your Own Gear » Bail for Titan Kettle
April 11, 7:11pm

Breathable nylon source
Have you tried The RainShed? Here is one of their fabrics that may suit your purposes: Ultra Flare Nylon Ripstop A lightweight 40 denier ripstop You can make a jacket of this windbreak fab...

In Make Your Own Gear » Help Needed in finding a breathable nylon
April 07, 11:35am

Bacon Bars
At the risk of dating myself also, 'Wilson' brand Bacon Bar comes to mind. A quick Google search comes up empty. Broken apart, the bacon was like the moist bacon crumbles you would put on ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 3000 Calorie Reserve Ideas?
April 03, 6:36pm

Carpet mistery
The carpet is a special heat sinking, non-combustible, broom finish product I had laid (poured) in my driveway!!! Thanks for the positive comments.

In Make Your Own Gear » wood stove
March 09, 8:35pm

More wood stove
Roger, Here is a 2D cross section and some pictures in use. It used a lot more fuel than I expected, even for it's maiden voyage. Estimating the BTUs in the grams of fuel used vs the BTUs a...

March 08, 9:46pm

Wood stove prototype questions.
I made the holes with a punch from Harbor Freight. Cost about $25, but it's been HANDY! The pint can 'hangs' upside down from the top of the stove. Here are the steps I took: ...

March 08, 2:28pm

BB Wood stove prototype
Here are a few pics of a 'paint can' wood stove prototype. The outside of the burner is made from a new quart size paint can ($1.99). The inside of the burner is made from a new pint size...

March 08, 1:08pm

All Reader Reviews by Lance Marshall

Lance Marshall has posted no reviews.