BPL Community Profile

J C (Joomy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale J C hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me J C has not added a biography yet.
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J C

Showing 221 - 230 of 295 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

Not sure
I'm still not convinced by the grosgrain/nylon option. Seems to me (and this has been backed up by what I've read on a few manufacturers sites) that having a grosgrain style binding could a...

In Make Your Own Gear » Finishing/reinforcing seams on a pack
May 06, 10:16pm

Good comparison
Hey Greg, That looks like a pretty comparable jacket (lighter, even). I thought PHD was pushing boundaries but it looks like Montbell beat them to it. Actually that also gives a good idea of ...

In GEAR » PHD "Wafer" super-ultralight down gear
May 06, 1:12am

Re: Bad?
"2 yards of cross grain weighs 8g, how would you fold where the waist and shoulder harness attaches with 1/2 seam allowance?" This is my problem. I have a chunky seam with like 8 piece...

May 05, 11:52pm

Tough choice
Hi Duane, you have my sympathies as I am also somewhat of a fence sitter with these decisions and I'm also trying to decide which fabric to go with on an EE Revelation. I emailed Tim and ask...

In GEAR » EE Rev Fabric Advice
May 05, 4:10am

Re: re: pack stitching
Thanks Dave! That's exactly the insight I was after. So what would be the best method for seam sealing straight seams with seam allowance sticking out? Would you glue/seal the two pieces of sea...

May 05, 2:01am

Agreed I think
Fitz, without any quilt experience per se I tend to agree with you. It's always seemed to me that allowing down to shift would mostly be a nuisance rather than a benefit. That said, I haven'...

In GEAR » Overstuff?
May 03, 2:39am

Re: Re: Finishing/reinforcing seams on a pack
Hi Michael, MLD actually say "all seams are double stitched", however perhaps you are right and they are just binding flat seams which I guess does result in double stitches, but throu...

May 03, 12:42am

Cool!
Tim, you should totally use that top picture of the revelation laid open on your website! I love how plush and comfy the thing looks, and I think it gives a better idea of your quilts and how they ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Enlightened Equipment Revelation Review
May 03, 12:32am

Finishing/reinforcing seams on a pack
Hi all. I've been working on my first MYOG project, a small Dyneema X summit-style pack inspired by the 2013 MLD Newt. I've done all of the seams with a basic flat seam (with roughly 1/2-in...

May 02, 11:25pm

Rasant in Aus
Really unusual that a good MYOG material is available here in Aus and not in the US, but yes, Rasant is easy to get here! http://www.sewingselections.com.au/ has 25, 75 and 120, as do many others.

In Make Your Own Gear » Polyester Core-Spun Thread Source
May 02, 8:09am

All Reader Reviews by J C

J C has posted no reviews.