BPL Community Profile

J C (Joomy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale J C hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me J C has not added a biography yet.
CountryAustralia

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by J C

Showing 221 - 230 of 272 | Page: 1 ...9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Forum » Thread

Tornado tube
As I understand it you have to cut the ends off the tornado tube for it to work properly. See this thread: http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/forums/thread_display.html?for...

In GEAR » Yet another sawyer squeeze filter question--how to connect filter output to platypus bottle?
August 12, 7:11pm

Re: Re: New lighter cheaper Downmat
"Depending on price and weight, a wider, 25 inch, version of this mat might be just the ticket." My thoughts exactly. I was going to splash out for an LW UL Downmat, but now I think I ...

In GEAR » New lighter cheaper Downmat
August 12, 6:19pm

New lighter cheaper Downmat
Outdoors Magic has a scoop on a new Exped Downmat which is both lighter and cheaper because they have left the larger outside baffles empty. I guess they figure insulation here is a waste. I'm ...

In GEAR » New lighter cheaper Downmat
August 12, 6:02am

+1 Trango Evo
If you're not front-pointing then the LS Trango S Evo is definitely the go, if it fits you. LS are generally narrow-ish in the forefoot.

In GEAR » good light mountaineering boots
August 03, 12:54am

exos
If you like the exos suspension system why not just get an exos 46 or 36?

In Gear Lists » Dang, my most expensive purchase in the last year is keeping me above 10 #s
July 31, 5:48am

Re: Re: Squeeze/Frontier Pro/3-way
>Also, I really don't need the water bags that come with the Squeeze, I plan on using it with a Platypus 2L Hoser and didn't want to fuss with the washer swap out to avoid leaks and fina...

In GEAR » The Sawyer Squeeze just got better
July 31, 1:25am

crux
I'm 6'4, 85 kg, so I can sympathise with you. Lucky most large harnesses I've tried seem to just fit me. That said there are a couple that have worked better for me. If you really need ...

In GEAR » Fitting for those built different than the norm, advice and recommendations?
July 30, 2:28am

Re: Norwegian conditions
>On a humorous note, I'm going to guess that the area of land in the US which elevation is higher than the highest peak in Norway (Galdhøpiggen at 2469 m / 8100 ft) exceeds than the *entire...

In GEAR » Lightweight tent for Norwegian conditions
July 29, 6:44pm

(still) FS in Australia: NeoAir, Synmat UL 7, Gore-tex, Mont pack, Rab clothing, Arc fleece
Still got some stuff left over. All in excellent functional condition. Prices include shipping within Australia. I will also ship overseas for a reasonable extra cost. Exped Synmat UL 7 - $100 ...

In Gear Swap » (still) FS in Australia: NeoAir, Synmat UL 7, Gore-tex, Mont pack, Rab clothing, Arc fleece
July 23, 9:37pm

misleading chart
The chart on that site is misleading. The "R" value they are referring to there is the SI system R value, which is 5.7 times "higher" than the imperial R value that is used on s...

In GEAR » Convert R-Value into tog value
July 22, 3:53am

All Reader Reviews by J C

J C has posted no reviews.