BPL Community Profile

Barry P (BarryP) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)
About Me Electrical Engineer by trade. Hobbies include recumbent bike riding, magic, piano, music compostion and of course backpacking.

Backpack monthly with scouts or other small group. Love the exercise and alertness it brings. Ray Way caught my eye in 2001. My load lightened. Because of that, able to go faster, farther, AND still smell the roses. Love the lightweight insight on this forum. I'm also a Teva sandal backpacker. My feet love them.
StateID
My PDF Gear ListBarry's Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Barry P

Showing 221 - 230 of 313 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

Forum » Thread

Re: Ankle rolling
Luke, “The problem is I can't get them to lock my foot in place, when I tried it either didn't work or the strap dug into my foot. Is this just something you have to put up with or am ...

In GEAR » Are hiking boots really needed?
October 30, 3:13pm

Re: Chacos vs. Terra
I noticed several people backpacking in Chacos when I was out in UT this past August. I saw no one in Teva’s except me and my hiking partners. I’ve worn Chacos (Z1) and here’s just my feel...

October 30, 11:39am

Re: Re: Are hiking boots really needed?
“In wetter country I find the wet mud between my feet and the sandal means I have almost zero grip on my sandals, and that can be frightening in some places.” Roger, It sounds like you have...

October 30, 8:44am

re: Group Size Aluminum Bottle Stove
That’s a high center of gravity. How do you keep it balanced out in the field?

In Make Your Own Gear » Group Size Aluminum Bottle Stove
October 29, 3:38pm

Re: Are hiking boots really needed?
For my situation and most people in my hiking group, we’ll say boots are not needed, nor shoes. We wear open-toed sandals. I do wear snow boots for Dec-Jan. I backpack in teva tera fi-2. I’...

October 29, 2:03pm

Re: soaking wet feet
“-switching to sandals when it rains and ground is wet” I of course vote for this one since this is what I use 10 months of the year. Heat, moisture, & friction combine to cause blister...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » soaking wet feet
July 28, 8:31am

Re: Managing wet feet
“What are your favorite techniques for dealing with wet feet when wearing non-waterproof trail shoes?” I’m always dealing with several stream crossings, rainstorms, floods and swamps. For ...

In GEAR » Managing wet feet
June 30, 3:23pm

Re: Your Top 3 two person tents?!?
1. GG Squall Classic. 25oz for fully bug and weather proof 2-man tent. 2. Tarptent Virga, 25oz 1 man. I haven’t used it but I own it. I loan this out a lot to new backpackers. It does a good j...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Your Top 3 two person tents?!?
June 23, 11:52am

Re: Re: Re: MYOG AGG pot handle (very easy)
“Gravity?” That’s the problem. These bailing handles are tipsy; the pot easily tips one way or the other--- especially when you don’t want it to!

In GEAR » Titanium vs. Aluminum
June 16, 9:18am

Re: MYOG AGG pot handle (very easy)
“The best thing to do is drill a small hole on either side of the pot near the top. Then attach a piece of wire loop between them like an upside down U. Weighs very little (much lighter than a po...

In GEAR » Titanium vs. Aluminum
June 16, 9:03am

All Reader Reviews by Barry P

Barry P has posted no reviews.