Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 221 - 230 of 12436 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ...1244

Forum » Thread

Re: madison spring hut
You know, I am staring at that hut photo. It seems to me that if a person had any sort of digging tool, they could dig themselves a tunnel into that snow drift. It might not be warm, but it would g...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Missing hiker found dead in the Whites
February 23, 3:28pm

Re: Thoughts
David, concerning Andrew Skurka... it's called marketing. Marketing does not generally add much to the product or the service. But it makes the customer perceive higher value in the product ...

In GEAR » Skurka and Sierra Designs team up for gear
February 23, 2:30pm

Re: Looking Ahead for Tracking
"Are there other alternatives out there?" The inReach Safety Plan. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Looking Ahead for Tracking
February 23, 1:45pm

Re: OK, they convinced me
"I still think it's unfair that a few companies have exclusive (and permanent) rights to make bearproof containers for that area." That may be true, but there are at least seven di...

In GEAR » Ursack closer to being allowed in Yosemite?
February 23, 1:27am

Re: Re: iphone 5 or 6 update
"Being an ultra-techie, I don't own an iPhone or an Android or anything like that." If you don't own one, you must surely rent one. A man of letters must have communications so...

In GEAR » Attention all who carry iPhones while backpacking: critical info RE iPhone 5
February 22, 11:21pm

Re: Re: Ursack? gave up, bought a bearikade.
Besides, a hard bear canister makes a much better camp stool. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Ursack closer to being allowed in Yosemite?
February 22, 11:15pm

Re: Help with titanium pots
Although this varies quite a bit, the average backpacker is going to want a main course of 15-16 fluid ounces. That means for two people you are looking at virtually one liter. So, with 0.9 liter y...

In GEAR » Help with titanium pots
February 22, 11:13pm

Re: Re: WTB - canister stove
"Gnat stove - 1.6 oz and $60 - better" I must have gotten stuck with the boat anchor version. Mine weighs 1.65 oz. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » WTB - canister stove
February 22, 6:31pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dragonfly Whisperlite and Simmerlite control
Some day we may have a microcontroller metering fuel through a similar set of jets as the inkjet cartridge. Of course, then we will have to have a battery to power all of that, and then a user-cont...

In GEAR » MSR Whisperlite Universal flame control question (Roger Caffin please read)
February 22, 5:36pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dragonfly Whisperlite and Simmerlite control
If it is so difficult, then how does my inkjet printer's cartridges meter out 3 picoliter droplets? And, this is in a cartridge that costs $10. --B.G.--

In GEAR » MSR Whisperlite Universal flame control question (Roger Caffin please read)
February 22, 4:33pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.