BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 221 - 230 of 11085 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ...1109

Forum » Thread

Re: Mammoth trip
Hmmm. Manzanar would be a drive from Mammoth. The museum is interesting for history fans and there is a free movie, but you probably want to get there first thing in the morning. By noon, it tends ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mammoth lakes with family
July 01, 8:32pm

Re: Re: Vitriol
Calm down, Tom. Don't get your panties in a bunch. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » FS: Smartwool Men's Briefs (Size M) x2
July 01, 7:48pm

Re: Deet in a pump spray bottle
I'm not sure what DEET ointment is. Most DEET is sold in the form of a thick liquid, and it is easily sprayed on. I found an atomizer bottle that is smaller than my little finger, so it hold...

In GEAR » Deet in a pump spray bottle
July 01, 7:46pm

Re: Mammoth lakes with family
I don't know if you are history fans. There are a number of old gold mines south of town near Lake Mary. The Forest Service trails will lead you there, but you can't go inside. The interpre...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mammoth lakes with family
July 01, 7:41pm

Re: Re: Alarm Clock
A few of us operate best on the trail during the early half of the day when the weather is still rather cool. So, some of us need to wake up at 5 or 6 a.m. After a long previous day on the trail, t...

In GEAR » Alarm Clock
July 01, 7:36pm

Re: WTB- Bear Vault
Fundamentally, there are only two sizes of Bear Vaults. BV450 and BV500 are the only two that are currently sold. The older numbers, 250, etc. are almost the same thing, but they have the older des...

In Gear Swap » WTB- Bear Vault
July 01, 7:08pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Inreach
Yes, I recommend that you send a test text message to any phone number that you intend to use during a trip, just to confirm that it accepts SMS text. With inReach SE, any type of message that y...

In Gear Lists » Spot?
July 01, 6:38pm

Re: Gobble gobble
Old Wisconsin is one brand. They make both turkey sausage and beef/pork sausage. From the time that I purchase these in the store, I keep them refrigerated. Then when I take them on a trip, I'v...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 4 ingredients or less lazy freezer bag cooking
July 01, 6:30pm

Re: Dried meats
There are all sorts of sausage types, too numerous to mention here. Summer sausage tends to be made of beef and/or pork, and as its name implies, it seems to last longer despite summer warmth. ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » 4 ingredients or less lazy freezer bag cooking
July 01, 6:15pm

Re: Re: Inreach
Greg, I'm not sure what you mean by a closed private system. With inReach, you can send and receive messages to/from any email address, or any phone capable of SMS text messages. You cannot ...

In Gear Lists » Spot?
July 01, 5:21pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.