Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 221 - 230 of 12532 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ...1254

Forum » Thread

Re: so gross
"Then why bother needlessly "correcting" (in your opinion only) someone" Dave, where did I claim to be correcting the person who made the posting? I will repeat myself, wh...

In GEAR » REI Dividend and 20 % off sale ?
March 11, 4:07pm

Re: Re: Lightweight Carabiners
Eric, aren't nearly all lightweight carabiners made out of an aluminum alloy? In the ancient days forty or fifty years ago, we could not afford good aluminum ones, so we used stainless steel...

In GEAR » Lightweight Carabiners
March 11, 3:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Great suggestions!
I should have stated this before. This is an excellent area for doing some land navigation training, or at least simple topo map reading. I used to lead my group in there by one route variation, an...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Sierra Nevada route for wife's first time?
March 11, 3:39pm

Re: Re: Re: Great suggestions!
As I had indicated, there is no real trail. There are some little bits and pieces of usage trails, but those come and go with the seasons. The route to get there can be interesting. Earlier lead...

March 11, 3:20pm

Re: altitude
Heart rate is something easy enough to monitor. You just have to decide what it means. The old standard idea was that your maximal heart rate should be 220 minus your age. So, for round numbers,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » JMT and Altitude Sickness
March 11, 3:04pm

Re: REI Dividend and 20 % off sale ?
I would think that most BPL members would want to raise the level of discussion here, not to try to lower it down to the level of Twitter. Say what you mean and mean what you say. --B.G.--

March 11, 1:42pm

Re: Here is a place i saw this question before
" http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/digital-holster-20-v2.aspx " Exactly. I use a slightly different model for a different length of lens, but this is the right idea. --B.G.--

In Photography » Camera case/bag
March 11, 12:42pm

Kat
For a second there I thought that Katharina was just being catty. --B.G.--

March 11, 11:50am

Re: grossed out.
Dave, there are many readers here who live outside of the U.S., and they don't understand the common abuse of the English language. It is a belief thing, also. I believe in stating what I reall...

March 11, 11:46am

Re: Great suggestions!
"Bob Gross - i couldn't find Old Secret Lake on a map, perhaps Hidden Lake? Or maybe you can point me to a Google map coordinates or some other resource about the location?" The la...

March 11, 11:43am

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.