Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Guest

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 221 - 230 of 12816 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ...1282

Forum » Thread

Re: We talk a lot about bears. What about boars?
Boars are probably better to eat, but they need to be well cooked. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » We talk a lot about bears. What about boars?
May 07, 12:25pm

Re: Re: Telescope Peak Conditions - April 29th
Maybe it was on my end, but the narration audio wasn't nearly loud enough. The music did come out OK. Also, it is pretty funny to see somebody smoking a cigarette on the summit. It must be a...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Telescope Peak Conditions - April 29th
May 06, 3:07pm

Re: Re: Re: The Weather: Who Knows?
So, the Muir Trail Ranch was the border control station? --B.G.--

In GEAR » JMT Clothing Question
May 05, 6:29pm

Re: WTB: Zpacks fleece mittens
I don't know if you have access to a sewing machine, but fleece mittens are about the easiest thing in the world to make, do-it-yourself. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » WTB: Zpacks fleece mittens
May 05, 6:28pm

Re: The Weather: Who Knows?
"Bob's categorization of North JMT vs. South JMT is entirely correct." Where is the dividing line, Muir Pass or Glen Pass? --B.G.--

May 05, 6:01pm

Re: JMT Clothing Question
"However, I honestly have no concept of the temperatures during that time of the year." Is that a good way to plan a long trip like that? It seems like we hear this same question of...

May 05, 5:37pm

Re: Costs
The way it used to be... In national parks like Yosemite, if somebody got badly injured in the backcountry and needed a helicopter, the park service first did some checking. If the victim was le...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Air Ambulance Story Continues
May 05, 5:25pm

Re: Re: The Air Ambulance Story Continues
"Ambulance services in Australia, including air lift, are all free. But we are a poor country." Maybe that signifies cause and effect. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » The Air Ambulance Story Continues
May 05, 3:35pm

Re: Re: Mystery Picture
"That's a badger mean-mugging me from her den." I couldn't figure out what it was, either, based on the fuzzy photo. Now that you say it is a badger, I can see it clearly en...

In Photography » EDC camera
May 04, 5:07pm

Re: Re: Leaving bear canister with food in car in SEKI
In my opinion, the blue woven tarp is more of a multi-use item than a bale of chicken wire, and it fits into my car trunk a lot better. --B.G.--

In Pre-Trip Planning » Leaving bear canister with food in car in SEKI
May 03, 7:36pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.