Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 221 - 230 of 11619 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ...1162

Forum » Thread

Re: Roger is keerect
" Bob Gross -> Yer right about plastic cups and bowls being better than heavier Ti for eating and drinking. I've long contended that unless Ti is absolutely needed to do double duty for...

In GEAR » Recommendation for a titanium cup?
October 14, 6:28pm

Re: Re: Re: pumps
Penberthy was a very opinionated person. He seemed to have some good ideas, and those eventually led to a lot of MSR stoves in use. However, he also had some ideas which were rather wacko. The publ...

In GEAR » MSR white gas stove pump failure
October 14, 3:52pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Much better sensor in the Sony cameras...
"The smaller the sensor, the smaller the optics." Let me phrase this differently. If you have a very small sensor, then the optical lens can be small. If you are going for wide angle o...

In GEAR » New camera
October 14, 3:48pm

Re: pumps
Larry Penberthy should be rolling over in his grave now. I think that I have owned most of those different MSR stoves at some point in time, starting with the yellow pump. I used to own six MSR ...

In GEAR » MSR white gas stove pump failure
October 14, 2:46pm

Re: Much better sensor in the Sony cameras...
Adam, I don't believe that it is possible to oversimplify the issue more than you did. --B.G.--

In GEAR » New camera
October 14, 1:10pm

Re: How to get water into collapsible bags?
I don't use any ziplock bag or Sawyer Squeeze. I had an old 2L Platypus that had developed a leak from old age. I cut it at the leak, and that gives me a 1.5L scoop. --B.G.--

In GEAR » How to get water into collapsible bags?
October 13, 2:30pm

Re: how much r value for snow?
Rule of Thumb. You need twice as much for winter as you do for summer. --B.G.--

In GEAR » how much r value for snow?
October 12, 7:49pm

compass
Maybe they got confused about what type of compass was needed. --B.G.--

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Another lost hiker story
October 12, 3:18pm

Re: COMPASS!!
Too many hikers believe that the compass needle always points the way to go. They have a poor relationship to situational awareness. Others understand that the compass needle points to north or mag...

October 12, 2:28pm

Re: Re: Re: Another lost hiker story
"why not turn around?" If you thought that you were going around an 11-mile trail, and if you thought that you were eight miles around, then you would be unlikely to turn around to go ...

October 12, 1:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.