BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 221 - 230 of 11441 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ...1145

Forum » Thread

Re: wtb: liquid fuel stove for winter
A similar stove that you might look for is the MSR Simmerlite. --B.G.--

In Gear Swap » wtb: liquid fuel stove for winter
September 05, 12:26am

Re: Re: no-sew CF skirt - possible?
I guess you know that .51 ounce cuben fiber is awfully flimsy and is relatively transparent. To improve the wearability, I think that you would want to step up a notch or two on the weight. --B....

In Make Your Own Gear » no-sew CF skirt - possible?
September 04, 5:06pm

Re: thanks!
"What thread/needle should I use to stitch velcro to CF?" As previously stated, you want to first decide what weight of cuben fiber you intend to use. If it is the thin stuff, you may ...

September 04, 12:13pm

Re: Re: And now you have to deal with this if you live in So Cal!
In Northern California there are some California Mountain Kingsnakes that kill rattlesnakes, so we should send some of them to go after the cobra. --B.G.--

In On the Web » And now you have to deal with this if you live in So Cal!
September 04, 12:32am

Re: no-sew CF skirt - possible?
It is best not to discuss sewers. It is too emotionally draining. It has been my experience that cuben fiber can be sewn very practically, but mostly in the heavy weights like the cuben fiber hy...

September 03, 11:52pm

Re: Viruses
"Do viruses even exist in North American water sources?" Yes, although this is not very common. It might be downstream of some civilization. Bacteria and parasites are a little more...

In GEAR » Have you ever gotten sick after filtering water?
September 03, 10:55pm

Re: Knife or multi-tool?
It is nice to have a good sharp blade for doing emergency surgery on the trail. --B.G.--

In GEAR » Knife or multi-tool
September 03, 12:28pm

Re: Aluminum vs carbon trekking poles
No matter which trekking pole material you buy, you know that the part that seems to get broken the most is about the bottom six inches. When I bought aluminum cross country ski poles, I applied...

In GEAR » Aluminum vs carbon trekking poles
September 02, 12:21am

Re: Bottle with gradations
Another good graduated container for alcohol is a laboratory urine sample bottle. --B.G.--

In GEAR » What do YOU use to carry alcohol?
September 01, 11:20pm

Re: Re: APS-C
Q: What is the focal length of a 50mm f2 lens when it is placed on a 1.5 crop factor body? A: It is still 50mm. Nothing changed. Q: What is the maximum aperture on a 50mm f2 lens when it is p...

In Photography » photo math
September 01, 10:11pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.