BPL Community Profile

Bob Gross (--B.G.--) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Silicon Valley
About Me I was backpacking ultralight before Ray ever published!

Photo Gallery:
http://imagetransactions.zenfolio.com
My Website URLhttp://www.imagetransactions.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bob Gross

Showing 221 - 230 of 11468 | Page: 1 ...14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ...1147

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Native Advertising: Photo Ownership rights
"What law specifically prohibits this?" Roger, I do not believe that it is illegal. I do believe that it is unethical to do this without contacting the photographer or web site owner. ...

In Photography » Native Advertising: Photo Ownership rights
September 08, 9:21pm

Re: Re: Heat Exchanger pot weights and other thoughts.
"And where does one find snow country where you can go for 18 days without finding any free water?" You might get pretty close to that on Mount McKinley, Alaska. Or, if you were sit...

In GEAR » Heat Exchanger pot for melting snow
September 08, 9:14pm

Re: Re: Native Advertising: Photo Ownership rights
Kat, were you credited for the photo? In other words, right below the photo was there a little line that said "Photo by Katharina P." ? If a company like that does use your photo with ...

September 08, 8:48pm

Re: Native Advertising: Photo Ownership rights
First things first. When you snap the photo, you (the photographer) have complete rights to the photo and its use. If you are stupid enough to submit the photo to REI or GoLite, then you deserve wh...

September 08, 7:27pm

Re: "LEAVE NO TRACE"
When you pitch a tent in a camp site, you often clear the ground of rocks, pine cones, and pointy things. Then next day as I am breaking camp, I scatter a few pine cones and pine needles around whe...

In Philosophy & Technique » LEAVE NO TRACE
September 08, 5:38pm

Re: I picked the wrong hobby.
Some friends of mine have been taking their child on overnight trips in the mountains ever since the kid was about six months. When the kid got heavy and still had to be carried halfway, they recru...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I picked the wrong hobby.
September 07, 11:13pm

Re: Sunrise High Sierra Camp
Sean, thank you. Blue grouse (Dendragapus obscurus) is seen in the forests of Yosemite, but I've seen them more north of the valley. I've photographed them all the way down to Mineral King....

In Gear Lists » First Solo on JMT gear list
September 07, 9:54pm

Re: Spot accuracy
There are two factors. One is the GPS signal has to come down from space to get you a GPS position reading. Second is the signal to the satellite has to make it out and up to the satellite. Now,...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Pressing the help button: Drama on andromea
September 07, 9:42pm

Re: I picked the wrong hobby.
In most parts of the country, there are at least one or two backpacking clubs. Once you figure out the right one for you, contact one of the leaders and offer to go along on one of their trips as a...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » I picked the wrong hobby.
September 07, 9:36pm

Re: Re: A fish fry pan
"Do you have any wide-ish pots?" Yes, but their depth makes them far heavier. That is not what I had in mind. --B.G.--

In GEAR » A fish fry pan
September 07, 7:10pm

All Reader Reviews by Bob Gross

Bob Gross has posted no reviews.