Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

will sawyer (wjsawyer) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Connecticut
About Me will sawyer has not added a biography yet.
CityRiverside
StateConnecticut
CountryUnited States

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by will sawyer

Showing 211 - 216 of 216 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

Sleeping Options / Sea To Summit Thermolite Reactor Extreme Liner
Does anyone have any experience with one of these? I'm going on a NOLS trip this summer to the Yukon, and they recommend a 0 to 5 degree bag. I have a Nunatak Alpinist, which is rated to 20 de...

In GEAR » Sleeping Options / Sea To Summit Thermolite Reactor Extreme Liner
May 20, 1:22pm

aerogel sleeping pad?
anyone have any experience with aerogel and know how this would work out? It could be very thin, and still insulate as well as a ccf pad, or better. It seems that down is better for a jacket/ba...

In Make Your Own Gear » aerogel sleeping pad?
May 13, 11:34am

sleep system
I thru-hiked last July with a hammock, and it can get chilly. I had an emergency bivy that I cut upen and hung as an UQ on my hammock, blocks the wind and gives you some radiant heat. I didn't ...

In Gear Lists » Long Trail thru hike gear list
May 12, 8:24pm

Nunatak Quilts
I would say leave them on. The straps feel very light, so i don't think you will save significantly by taking them off. I have an Arc, and i haven't used it much yet, but I find that attach...

In GEAR » Nunatak Quilts
May 03, 8:03pm

@ Steven
Steven - I totally agree with you. if I could I would use trail runners, but sturdy boots are a requirement. its going to be off-trail carrying up to 15 days of food, so I think they know what they...

In GEAR » boot advice/recommendations please
May 03, 6:04pm

boot advice/recommendations please
Hey everybody. Just registered here because this looks like the best forum out there for backpacking, and I thought maybe you all could offer me some advice. I've signed up for a NOLS backp...

In GEAR » boot advice/recommendations please
May 03, 1:12pm

All Reader Reviews by will sawyer

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Inov-8 Company Review
I love their products, but haven't dealt with the company directly until recently. I sent them an email asking if I could get a discount on a pack and what I would be using it for. I got a respons...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
April 14, 11:09am

Forty Below Light Energy TR Overboots/Simple Slippers
I received my overboots in the mail today, a day earlier than predicted. Previously I had emailed Joel when I heard about these as I wasn't sure they were exactly what I was looking for, and I was...

In Footwear - Boots, Shoes, Gaiters
December 07, 3:55pm