November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mat Tallman (wehtaM) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Mat Tallman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mat Tallman

Showing 211 - 220 of 235 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Want to get into tarping, need advice
@Bradford Do you really find the bug protection essential? My last trip out I spent a bunch of nights in the open-air AT shelters, and never once had much of a problem with bugs, at least whi...

In GEAR » Want to get into tarping, need advice
June 16, 8:48am

Want to get into tarping, need advice
Ok, I've decided both in the interest of trimming weight, and gaining flexibility, I want to get into a tarp setup of some sort. I've currently got a tarptent contrail, and while I do th...

In GEAR » Want to get into tarping, need advice
June 15, 11:55pm

Re: Re: "Backpacking Light @ REI = LOL"
My major gripe with Fletcher's perspective is the same thing we're all exhibiting here. He alluded to the opinion that a pack weight lower than a certain percentage of body weight (I want ...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light @ REI = LOL
June 15, 9:26pm

Re: Be mindful of the weather in GSMNP.
@Jeffrey I was on top of Mt. Guyot on the 3rd of April, and measured 36" of snowpack (marked my trekking pole and measured when I got home). The snow was most certainly NOT gone by the 2nd...

In Gear Lists » AT Thru Hike 2011 or 2012 Gear List
June 15, 11:55am

M is for monstrous
I have a medium driducks, and that's only because I could not find a small in any local stores, and I didn't feel like ordering one. I'm 5' 10" 165 and the medium seems huge...

In GEAR » DRiDucks Sizing?
June 14, 7:30pm

I made a pair of flip flop/shower shoe type of things out of some of the 6 dollar cheapo CCF from WalMart. I ended up making a pair of sandals, a few sit pads, and a torso pad all out of the one 6...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reflectix
June 14, 7:25pm

Kodak MD41
I've been using a Kodak MD41, it uses stitching to create panoramas, which works great for me, but YMMV. It will merge either 2 or 3 stills to create 1 panorama. I did break my screen on my...

In GEAR » camera for panorama and batt. life
June 13, 5:47pm

compression straps?
it appears that any compression straps that may have been there have been removed, is this correct, or can I just not see them? If so, are you no longer planning on using this without the frame ...

In GEAR » Cutting up a REI Flash 50 backpack
June 13, 5:39pm

quilt vs bag
my last trip out I used my bag as a quilt every night, mostly because my bag was far too warm for the conditions (I only own one down bag). I slept much better than I generally do with the bag a...

In GEAR » Debate: Quilt vs. Bag
June 11, 8:36pm

all joking aside, the UV wand pictured in the OP looks as if it would be great for anyone who doesn't want to carry a widemouth bottle in order to be able to use a steripen. Long and narrow ...

In GEAR » UV water treatment gone mainstream
June 08, 9:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Mat Tallman

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

e-OMC (Oregon Mountain Community) Customer Service
Bought a pair of shoes from them (Montrail Mountain Masochists) and got them quickly, as advertised, for a good price. Ordered an Integral Designs Siltarp which leaked terribly out of the box (not ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 26, 1:32pm