Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Mat Tallman (wehtaM) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Midwest
About Me Mat Tallman has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mat Tallman

Showing 211 - 220 of 235 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Want to get into tarping, need advice
@Bradford Do you really find the bug protection essential? My last trip out I spent a bunch of nights in the open-air AT shelters, and never once had much of a problem with bugs, at least whi...

In GEAR » Want to get into tarping, need advice
June 16, 8:48am

Want to get into tarping, need advice
Ok, I've decided both in the interest of trimming weight, and gaining flexibility, I want to get into a tarp setup of some sort. I've currently got a tarptent contrail, and while I do th...

In GEAR » Want to get into tarping, need advice
June 15, 11:55pm

Re: Re: "Backpacking Light @ REI = LOL"
My major gripe with Fletcher's perspective is the same thing we're all exhibiting here. He alluded to the opinion that a pack weight lower than a certain percentage of body weight (I want ...

In GEAR » Backpacking Light @ REI = LOL
June 15, 9:26pm

Re: Be mindful of the weather in GSMNP.
@Jeffrey I was on top of Mt. Guyot on the 3rd of April, and measured 36" of snowpack (marked my trekking pole and measured when I got home). The snow was most certainly NOT gone by the 2nd...

In Gear Lists » AT Thru Hike 2011 or 2012 Gear List
June 15, 11:55am

M is for monstrous
I have a medium driducks, and that's only because I could not find a small in any local stores, and I didn't feel like ordering one. I'm 5' 10" 165 and the medium seems huge...

In GEAR » DRiDucks Sizing?
June 14, 7:30pm

CCF
I made a pair of flip flop/shower shoe type of things out of some of the 6 dollar cheapo CCF from WalMart. I ended up making a pair of sandals, a few sit pads, and a torso pad all out of the one 6...

In Make Your Own Gear » Reflectix
June 14, 7:25pm

Kodak MD41
I've been using a Kodak MD41, it uses stitching to create panoramas, which works great for me, but YMMV. It will merge either 2 or 3 stills to create 1 panorama. I did break my screen on my...

In GEAR » camera for panorama and batt. life
June 13, 5:47pm

compression straps?
it appears that any compression straps that may have been there have been removed, is this correct, or can I just not see them? If so, are you no longer planning on using this without the frame ...

In GEAR » Cutting up a REI Flash 50 backpack
June 13, 5:39pm

quilt vs bag
my last trip out I used my bag as a quilt every night, mostly because my bag was far too warm for the conditions (I only own one down bag). I slept much better than I generally do with the bag a...

In GEAR » Debate: Quilt vs. Bag
June 11, 8:36pm

all joking aside, the UV wand pictured in the OP looks as if it would be great for anyone who doesn't want to carry a widemouth bottle in order to be able to use a steripen. Long and narrow ...

In GEAR » UV water treatment gone mainstream
June 08, 9:01pm

All Reader Reviews by Mat Tallman

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

e-OMC (Oregon Mountain Community) Customer Service
Bought a pair of shoes from them (Montrail Mountain Masochists) and got them quickly, as advertised, for a good price. Ordered an Integral Designs Siltarp which leaked terribly out of the box (not ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
March 26, 1:32pm