BPL Community Profile

Larry Dyer (veriest1) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Texas
About Me Born 1984; raised in the sticks; grew up hiking, riding bikes, and camping; decided to combine them in 2009.
StateTX
CountryUnited States
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Larry Dyer

Showing 211 - 220 of 465 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...47

Forum » Thread

Neoair and such
Just a note, at the REI in Dallas they said they couldn't even order a small Neoair (despite trying for quite a while). I'm not sure if they just didn't know the process or what but I w...

In GEAR » $200 Spend Spree at REI. Need Advice by 12/26
December 25, 1:16pm

Re: Re: Re: New Bivy Idea
A 10x8 is definitely not much heavier than a 6x8 and a Tyvek bivy. I'm not up on the weight of Tyvek but I'm pretty sure it's going to make up the difference between the 2 setups. And t...

In Gear Lists » Trying to go Ultralight
December 24, 10:21am

Re: Re: Driducks and Edited Gear List
Not bad. Not bad. I'm pretty sure you'll need some sort of water resistant bivy to protect your sleeping bag from rain in a really hard storm with that tarp. It seems a little small to ...

December 23, 11:59pm

Re: "Big Bend January 2011"
Sorry for the confusion! I neglected to update the actual gearlist on Google docs. That's done now. The headnet has been gone for a while. That was just a copy and paste problem. In my pr...

In Gear Lists » Big Bend January 2011
December 22, 5:36am

headlamp
I was planning on having a flashlight on me anyway. I carry a Fenix l2d around every day/night anyway. It's just a pain to use with poles. That's sort of how I trimmed some weight from my f...

December 21, 9:00pm

Thanks
Thanks for the comments and advice Mike. I'm glad you like the list! I work outside at night (mostly sitting around watching the world go by) and have found my beanie to be pretty good for m...

December 21, 8:01pm

Dri Ducks
I understand completely about not wanting to expose your only shelter to the trail as rain gear. There are a lot of places I wouldn't want to wear a silnylon poncho out here. Keep in mind th...

December 21, 12:28pm

Montane Lightspeed
I was torn between the Lightspeed and the Houdini. If I were going to pay anywhere near full price I'd probably go with the Patagucci wind shirt based on reviews here. But for $30 my Lights...

In GEAR » Best windshirt.
December 21, 12:23pm

Sure did!
I treated myself to a Trailstar... but I don't think it's going to be here in time for Christmas anyway. Got some wool baselayers too.

In Chaff » Christmas early?
December 19, 6:56pm

Re: Re: Re: Trying to go Ultralight
Yeah that one is the same price as the golite poncho on sale and a little heavier.

December 19, 2:13pm

All Reader Reviews by Larry Dyer

Larry Dyer has posted no reviews.