BPL Community Profile

Mike W (skopeo) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale British Columbia
About Me I enjoy fly fishing, backpacking and hiking... and although my pace has slowed down a little over the years, I find that I'm not in such a hurry anymore anyway.
CountryCanada

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Mike W

Showing 211 - 220 of 1098 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...110

Forum » Thread

WCT...
>> I've done the WCT and it is not really that much of a challenge... more of a cakewalk really << While I appreciate that everybody has different skills and physical abilities,...

In Pre-Trip Planning » W Coast Trail vs. W Coast Trail?
April 22, 5:13pm

Big Agnes Fly Creek 2: Condensation dripping into tent
With my Fly Creek 1 and any of my other double wall shelters, I grab a supported area and give the shelter a good shake before opening any doors. This will force the water off the outside and unde...

In GEAR » Big Agnes Fly Creek 2: Condensation dripping into tent
April 22, 12:34am

W Coast Trail vs. W Coast Trail?
>> My real questions are based on beauty vs. popularity << I think those are the wrong questions. The questions should be do you want a unique experience and are you up to the cha...

In Pre-Trip Planning » W Coast Trail vs. W Coast Trail?
April 21, 4:10pm

Surgery...
Jennifer - I believe it was just cut out, no repair. I'll PM you with a few questions that you may be able to help me with... much appreciated!

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Knee injury - how to get back on the trail quickly?
April 20, 12:38am

Knee injury - how to get back on the trail quickly?
Thanks for the feedback/advice, much appreciated! So basically, the consensus seems to be that I have to slow down and not rush it and listen to my PT when I see her next week (but I get BORED!!...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Knee injury - how to get back on the trail quickly?
April 19, 4:29pm

Delorme SE release date...
Thanks for the info. Since my last post I received an update for Delome's Eartmate app. The update adds support for the inReach SE. Makes me wonder if the holdup has been just trying to ...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
April 19, 1:35pm

inReach SE
After Delorme announced the inReach SE, I decided that leaving my smart phone at home and communicating on a single device was the way I wanted to go. I quickly sold my inReach for smart phones an...

In GEAR » DeLorme inReach SE announced, ships mid to late April
April 19, 11:07am

Knee injury - how to get back on the trail quickly?
Last summer I had to cut my West Coast Trail trip short because I injured my knee part way in ( damn ladders!). I finally had my surgery last night (complex tear of medial meniscus) and all went...

April 19, 10:02am

SOTMR: Two-way Satellite Communications for Backpacking: Part 3: Satellite Texting
Rex - I notice that your grid of features indicates that the inReach doesn't support email. One of the features I like about the inReach that I think is worth mentioning (over the Spot) is...

In Editor's Roundtable » SOTMR: Two-way Satellite Communications for Backpacking: Part 3: Satellite Texting
April 03, 2:09pm

Light Geeks: Best (High End) Regulated Headlamp
If you are looking for the best AA flashlight (not headlight) check out the Zebralight SC52 AA. I bought it a few months back and I am still amazed with it every time I turn it on! I believe it i...

In GEAR » Light Geeks: Best (High End) Regulated Headlamp
March 31, 1:51am

All Reader Reviews by Mike W

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Mountain Laurel Designs Burn (2010)
I've had my MLD Burn for a while now and find it very easy to give this pack top marks in all categories. I was looking for a good weekend pack (2-3 day duration) and was having a tough time findi...

In Backpacks - Frameless
June 19, 6:04pm