BPL Community Profile

Chris W (simplespirit) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale WNC
About Me I backpack and packraft, and sometimes teach both. I bicycle and ride a motorcycle. Sometimes I run. Sometimes I do Yoga. I have wilderness medical and whitewater rescue training. I can be a bit of a gear junky, although I seem to read more and buy less these days.
CityAsheville
StateNC
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://getlostoutfitters.com
My PDF Gear ListDownload my Gear List (PDF)

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Chris W

Showing 211 - 220 of 2470 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...247

Forum » Thread

Re: Another camera thread... Panasonic TS4?
IMO, the TS4 is the best "life-proof" option out at the moment but the new Oly TG1 is supposed to be out next month. The Oly is F 2.0 on the wide end and has some other nice features.

In GEAR » Another camera thread... Panasonic TS4?
May 09, 5:08pm

Re: Home page not working.
It's being looked in to.

In Community Support Forum » Home page not working.
May 09, 6:58am

Re: Suggestions for a trail running/adventure racing pack?
I second the Rush line. I have the 20 myself and it has some unique straps that allow you to pull it in tight to your back. Those additional straps control bounce reasonably well, even with 3L of w...

In GEAR » Suggestions for a trail running/adventure racing pack?
May 05, 7:51am

BSA High Adventure Training in Ultralight Backpacking 2012 Courses Open For Enrollment
The 2012 BSA High Adventure Training in Ultralight Backpacking (WS2-BSA) courses are open for enrollment. This year there will be two courses offered with the first being in June and the second...

In Backpacking Light with Scouts » BSA High Adventure Training in Ultralight Backpacking 2012 Courses Open For Enrollment
April 28, 6:04am

Re: Rab Kinetic Jacket - 8.5oz Pertex Shield+ WPB Shell - Men's L/XL only - $99.71 shipped from Campsaver.com - Also, Rab Pulse Jacket - M's S/M/L/XL - $141.27 shipped
I have one I'm testing for an upcoming review here on BPL. Great design and fully featured for only a bit more weight than the Pulse in the SOTMR. FWIW though, the brim isn't wired but is s...

In Gear Deals » Rab Kinetic Jacket - 8.5oz Pertex Shield+ WPB Shell - Men's L/XL only - $99.71 shipped from Campsaver.com - Also, Rab Pulse Jacket - M's S/M/L/XL - $141.27 shipped
April 19, 3:03pm

Re: Weight???
This may or may not make you happy, but the weight was published in the SOTMR.

In Editor's Roundtable » GoLite Malpais Trinity 3-Layer Liteshell Jacket Review
April 19, 11:16am

Re: Bents Basin
Feathercraft makes a self-bailing packraft but it's 10 lbs and more costly than a decked Alpacka. Sitting in water all day is not at all appealing to me either. Self-bailing big boats have you ...

In Packrafting » Cheaper Raft Options
April 18, 6:09pm

Re: Re: Chris' Cholesterol Readings Are In
Some of last years numbers (off memory) are a few posts up but my total cholesterol is now higher, ldl is higher, hdl is higher, and I believe triglycerides are around the same. I was on more of a ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
April 17, 10:31am

Chris' Cholesterol Readings Are In
MD office just called and gave me my cholesterol results. Total = 164 HDL = 51 (up a good bit and now at a more healthy level) LDL = 101 (barely over optimal and still plenty good) Triglyceri...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » My Paleo
April 17, 7:25am

Re: Suction / Temporary Helmet mounts - Adrenaline systems
I'd tether my camera to my helmet with a piece of cord if using mounts like that. I don't see them hanging on long if you take a swim in higher class whitewater.

In Photography » Mounting camera to packraft/body/helmet
April 16, 6:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Chris W

Chris W has posted no reviews.