BPL Community Profile

Ryan Faulkner (ryanf) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Mid atlantic, No. Cal
About Me My name is Ryan Faulkner, i am 17 years old, and have been UL backpacking for about 7 years. I have been inspired by hikers like Andrew Skurka, and Ryan Jordan, and have dedicated my trips to going light and fast.
I plan on hiking the PCT and AT before finishing college, and after I hope to get some sort of a career in the backpacking industry.(I havent quite figured out how exactly, but i will :)
I have some big plans for the future, but ill keep those quiet for now ;-P
StateVirginia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.ryanfaulknerphotography.com
My PDF Gear ListWinds-Yellowstone Trek 2008

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 211 - 220 of 916 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...92

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: paagonia vs Montbell
Here is a comparison I did in another thread, for someone with a similar question Mont bell thermawrap PARKA: (click image) • 15 denier Ballistic Airlight nylon shell and lining (wind...

In GEAR » paagonia vs Montbell
May 14, 6:34am

Re: paagonia vs Montbell
I could not find any info on the puffer jacket, but the hooded micro puff jacket uses 2.7oz insulation, that is about 77 grams, so the insulation is simmilar weight to the 80g insulaton in the mont...

In GEAR » paagonia vs Montbell
May 14, 6:25am

Re: Re: What's your favorite warmest lightest parka for real winter conditions?
The Rab neutrino endurance is my pick it is also available in quantum fabric, but in wetter conditons. You will want the pertex endurance shell. it is pricey ($390 endurance, $340 quantum) but...

In GEAR » What's your favorite warmest lightest parka for real winter conditions?
May 12, 8:46pm

Re: LW Exped. Pack
>>Going on an expedition, Ryan? I am not sure what sparked my interests in high altitude mountaineering, but I now have another life goal. the seven summits. In addition to the triple crown. I a...

In GEAR » Light expedition pack
May 06, 7:30pm

Light expedition pack
Hi guys, I know this is not an ultralight question but I am looking for a Lightweight expediton pack here is what I want at least 5,500 cu.in. capable of carrying 50+ pounds and as light...

In GEAR » Light expedition pack
May 06, 5:21pm

G6 with hip belt available
I dont know if this has been mentioned, I havent posted for a while. But I was just on the gossamer gear website and saw that the normal G6 is only $80 and $100 with a hip belt 5.2oz The legend...

In GEAR » G6 with hip belt available
May 02, 3:59pm

Re: A Plug for the Jam
I own a Golite jam as well, It is the most comfortable pack I have used. I works great for general backpacking and lightweight mountaineering. With the adidtion of one strap going across the fro...

In GEAR » GoLite Infinity VS GoLite Jam
April 29, 10:37am

Lightest Axe
??? dose anyone know what the lightest Certified axe is ??? EDIT: that is about 70-80 cm

In GEAR » Did somebody just get hacked?
April 24, 1:12pm

Re: patagonia --where tent flying is sport
Tents are included in the trip, along with a few other things, thats why I dont have them on the list I will do a little more searching to see if I can find a guide online. mabey a little cheape...

In Post-Trip Reports » Patagonia trips
April 17, 5:07pm

Patagonia trips
I came across this web site a few days ago I had been amazed by pictures and reports coming out of patagonia, and had always wanted to see it for my self and here you can book a trip and I am sure...

In Post-Trip Reports » Patagonia trips
April 17, 2:47pm

All Reader Reviews by Ryan Faulkner

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
I am so glad I found this website, before this site I was carrying a 30-40lb pack, after reading the articles I got my list under 10, and after joining the forums, well carrying less than 4 pounds is ...

In Books and Media
December 31, 10:20pm

Snow Peak Gigapower Ti
Good thought. I bring this stove whenever I need to simmer, one disadvantage of alcohol stoves. I like it much, much, much better than the MSR pocket rocket, the 4 titanium stands are much more ...

In Stoves - Canister
December 30, 1:25pm

ThermoJet MicroLite
I did not buy this stove, in fact, I have never bought a alcohol stove, but have many of the MBD stoves and tonight added this wonder to my collection. I actually

In Stoves - Alcohol
December 09, 9:56pm

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
I did not purchase a pocket puck from mini bull design, but from looking at pictures and from expeience from making other stoves I made my own flattened side burner stove. I like the overall design, w...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 06, 1:16pm