BPL Community Profile

Kathleen Whalen-Burns (rosierabbit) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Pacific Northwest
About Me Kathleen Whalen-Burns has not added a biography yet.
CityStevens Pass
StateWashington

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kathleen Whalen-Burns

Showing 211 - 220 of 545 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...55

Forum » Thread

Travel Light Eat Heavy is back in print
I just ordered a copy from a very nice woman who owns a bookstore in the home town where the author lives. She said it is a reprint of the first edition, and she just got them today. Price is $17...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Travel Light Eat Heavy
August 19, 3:23pm

Minus 33 wool
I have the women's baselayer crew 170 and the balaclava, which I sewed together and use as a hoody. I don't think the men's shirts come in anything lighter than the midweight 230. I c...

In GEAR » Minus33 Merino wool?
August 14, 6:02pm

Black merino back in stock
Thanks! I just got an email from them saying they were back in stock. I'll try again.

In Gear Deals » Merino buffs
August 14, 12:17pm

Merino buff weight
According to Dan in another thread they are "54g 30" long versus 20" for standard buff." It turns out my order didn't get through the ether vapors for some reason, and ...

August 14, 11:18am

Merino Buff not here yet
Every day after work I rush to the mailbox. Nothing yet.

In GEAR » Merino Buff is here!
August 13, 7:12pm

Golite Ultra and sleeping pad
Kate - take a look at Raymond's photo on the first page of this thread. The bottom half of the quilt is lying on top of the neoair (the part that wouldn't fit under it), and the top half o...

In GEAR » GoLite Ultra 20 (brief review)
August 13, 10:31am

Cheap firesteels
Tom - take a look at Brad's link to goinggear's firesteels. The 1/4" X 3" one, plus postage, is a little over $4. For a striker, if you don't want to use your knife, carry a...

In GEAR » Firesteel vs. Bic
August 13, 10:05am

Wonderland Trail: circumnavigation around Mt. Rainier
Great pictures! It's a beautiful area. I'm hoping I can talk my brother into hiking it with me next summer. I have a few questions: How much in advance of your trip did you get your pe...

In Post-Trip Reports » Wonderland Trail: circumnavigation around Mt. Rainier
August 12, 1:58pm

FS Reeds, Ultra 20, Keen Growlers
Golite Reed rainpants – women’s medium. $40, including shipping to US. Only used a few times, probably the 2007 model. Excellent condition. SOLD!! Montbell Breeze Dry Tec Bivy, size ...

In Gear Swap » FS MB Breeze Dry Tec bivy, Golite Reeds WM
August 10, 9:18am

merino buffs
As soon as it comes I will weigh it and let you know. Their regular buffs are pretty thin and weigh 1.3 oz on my scale.

August 06, 8:59pm

All Reader Reviews by Kathleen Whalen-Burns

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Botach Tactical Customer Service
I had a similar experience to David's. They sent the inferior space blankets, rather than the correct order, took forever to send a return UPS shipping label, and only yesterday admitted to recei...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
January 07, 5:35pm

Boomer's Guide to Lightweight Backpacking by Carol Corbridge
I was very disappointed in this book. Luckily, I didn't buy it but had checked it out from the library. For starters, the book is in major need of copy editing. There are lots of awkward sent...

In Books and Media
May 28, 2:04pm

Backpacking Light Merino UL Pants
These do everything BPL promised - provide comfortable warmth without being bulky. I've worn them under non-winter hiking pants all winter, and they've extended the comfort range down to 7 de...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 25, 10:55am

Hikelight.com Company
I just discovered this website that is based in Oregon. It seems to be a distributor of some of our favorite brands - SixMoonDesigns, Tarptent, Montbell, GraniteGear, and Western Mountaineering. No ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
August 22, 9:39am

HarmonyHouseFoods.com vegetables and beans
I just received my second order of dehydrated food from Harmony House. First I bought the vegetable pantry stuffer - 16 different quart-sized containers of various dehydrated vegetables, and then a we...

In Foods - Prepackaged Meals & Side Dishes
July 25, 9:08pm

Golite Paradox pants
I'm not sure whether to review these in raingear or softshell clothing, because they're both. They are all-day pants, rather than rain pants to pull on over hiking pants and are made of a fab...

In Clothing - Raingear
July 10, 1:11pm

Sealskinz gloves
I had the same experience as Brett. My non-waterproof gloves absorbed less water than these.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
July 10, 12:51pm

ULA Circuit
This pack was on backorder, but it came sooner than Brian said it would. I gave it a 2-day test this last weekend on a short backpacking trip in the Cascades. I was pleased that it was as comfortabl...

In Backpacks - Internal Frame
March 06, 1:29pm