BPL Community Profile

Richard Nisley (richard295) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale San Francisco Bay Area
About Me My outdoor hobbies include hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, kayaking, snow shoeing, skiing, fishing, and hunting. I enjoy continuously refining my equipment and techniques with the emphasis on less weight and volume.
CitySan Carlos
StateCA
CountryUSA
My PDF Gear ListProtocol B Aging Chart Source Detail

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Richard Nisley

Showing 211 - 220 of 1565 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...157

Forum » Thread

Re: Montbell Plasma - nice reply
What Ryan and Craig are missing is the POSSIBILITY that the MB Plasma's 1000 FP is achieved by the AeonClad Technology, or similar, process rather than non-sustainable conditioning. The schedul...

In GEAR » Montbell Plasma 1000
February 05, 5:27pm

Montbell Plasma 1000
Wow. You've gotta hold this jacket to believe it. It's 5.2-ounce down sweater, stuffed full of 1,000-fill down, and wrapped in a 7-denier ripstop fabric. That's the highest qualit...

In GEAR » Montbell Plasma 1000
February 02, 9:09pm

Re: HELP! with finding high quality silnylon in the right color
Sam, A while back I posted a large number of HH tests I conducted. The Thru-Hiker silnylon tested the best by a very wide margin. Have you considered this material?

In Make Your Own Gear » HELP! with finding high quality silnylon in the right color
February 02, 12:03am

Re: Boys in the Wild (Short Film)
GREAT JOB RYAN - it evoked me to deeply ponder an important topic that I hadn't previously given much thought.

In Editor's Roundtable » Boys in the Wild (Short Film)
January 30, 10:35am

Re: Re: Teeny-tiny sleeping pad?
Thermarest and others make self inflating sit pads that may serve as torso pads for the kids.

In GEAR » Teeny-tiny sleeping pad?
January 17, 11:03pm

dry downs... testing
Michael, Down analysis of both simulated and real conditions tells me the following: -Moisture-regain is a function of the intrinsic material reaction to water as a gas. Untreated down at 100...

In GEAR » NEW Patagonia Encapsil ("Dry Down") Parka
January 10, 9:02pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: dry downs...
Babak, NO, I don't think you are out of line! The topic of water repellent down has strong interest by the forum members and you did us a BIG favor. I recommend interested parties go to Y...

January 10, 6:47pm

Re: Re: Re: Anyone use the Zpacks "Goose Hood"?
Rusty, The double layer loft & weight of my Goose Hood averages 3 1/4" & 38g versus 4 1/2" and 80g for my Down Works Standard hood. The Goose Hood is what I use the majority of...

In GEAR » Anyone use the Zpacks "Goose Hood"?
January 09, 6:02pm

Re: Anyone use the Zpacks "Goose Hood"?
I own this product and it is very well made. I use it for static use under my hard shell with my FUGU and for 3 season quilt sleeping. It has approximately 1/2 the fill of the Down Works hood. I u...

In GEAR » Anyone use the Zpacks "Goose Hood"?
January 09, 11:51am

NEW Patagonia Encapsil ("Dry Down") Parka
Why was the forum thread, that Babak Sakaki started on the entitled subject, deleted yesterday evening?

January 08, 9:59am

All Reader Reviews by Richard Nisley

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Lite my fire firesteel scout firelighter
I went back to the Midwest, this month, for a family reunion and fishing trip. I took my fire steel with me. My two nephews are 10 and 12 and they love to fish. The 12 year old asked me if I would tea...

In Cookware - Other
July 21, 1:37pm

Jetboil Personal Cooking System
My piezo failed after a couple of days. It took one second to fix it by bending down the ignitor rod to make a slightly smaller gap (1/8" smaller). I then used it in Alaska for 1 1/2 months twice a da...

In Stoves - Canister
August 25, 5:17pm