Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Daniel Pittman (pitsy) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Central Texas
About Me Born: Mississippi. Raised: Houston. Boy Scouts, BMX, camping. Navy: Great Lakes, Orlando, Norfolk, Guantanamo, San Diego. Hitch-hiked from S.D. to NYC. Bike shops. Moved to: Austin, then Round Rock. Made a baby with: Melissa McChristian. Favorite place: Grand Teton. Favorite animal: Black Bear.
CityRound Rock
StateTX
CountryUnited States of America
My Website URLhttps://www.facebook.com/daniel.pittman.108

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Daniel Pittman

Showing 211 - 220 of 297 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Thought Provoking
Can't tell if that's you... my eyes aren't what they used to be. Better ask Hubble.

In Chaff » Thought Provoking
July 29, 4:47am

Re: Flash 45
I really liked the Flash 45, although I went with the Pinnacle 35. I think the construction and layout on the entire Flash line is great, and they're definitely worth the money. I loaded a 45...

In GEAR » REI Flash 45 First Impressions
July 28, 8:15pm

Re: Thought Provoking
That pale blue dot....

In Chaff » Thought Provoking
July 28, 7:55pm

Re: Re: Re: Katmai bear cam
Two cubs on the bank watching, and another cub or a yearling in the tree. Mama almost caught a fish a second ago!

In On the Web » Katmai bear cam
July 26, 11:44pm

Re: Gear lost while backpacking.
Whilst hitch-hiking from San Diego to NYC, I crawled under the railyard fence in Yuma and hopped a box to Tucson. Well, the railyard in Tucson is not that close to I-10, so I scurried over to the ...

In GEAR » Gear lost while backpacking.
July 26, 11:16pm

Re: FS: Hennessy Hammock Ultralight Backpacker's Edition
That's a great setup! I'm a belly sleeper so I abhor hammocks, but I've seen them in action and was quite impressed. Someone's going to be really happy to have it.

In Gear Swap » FS: Hennessy Hammock Ultralight Backpacker's Edition
July 26, 10:19pm

Re: Re: dont reinvent the wheel
I modified a 20oz pop bottle to hold the fuel and pump for my MSR Whisperlite. Works great, just don't pump it up too much or get it too close to the stove. I wouldn't try pulling the t...

In GEAR » Smaller fuel canisters?
July 26, 10:39am

Re: Re: Re: RE: Unusual (and expensive) item that you consider worth it
"The most unusual item is probably the 6" Subway sandwich I like to bring for dinner the first night :)" That's nasty. Eating a sammich that's been smushed inside a backp...

In GEAR » Unusual (and expensive) item that you consider worth it
July 26, 10:28am

Re: Unusual (and expensive) item that you consider worth it
A real knife. https://www.google.com/search?q=bomp+knives&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=ha3wUfbzDIWKrAGv8YG4Dw&biw=1024&bih=649&am...

In GEAR » Unusual (and expensive) item that you consider worth it
July 24, 10:47pm

Re: Re: Trash bag rain skirt mods
Dude's built like me! Whatever you do, don't use a black bag. Black is way too slimming. 5'10" 135 lbs represent!

In Make Your Own Gear » Tips for trash bag rain skirt
July 24, 10:39pm

All Reader Reviews by Daniel Pittman

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

MSR Titan Kettle
Use it with a fancy feast stove. Cut a wind-screen as tall as will fit inside the kettle. Store your stove, matches, mini bic, fuel, bandana, olive oil, s&p, Dr. Bronner's, etc. inside it. ...

In Cookware - Titanium
May 26, 10:37pm