Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Nia Schmald (nschmald) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Nia Schmald hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Nia Schmald has not added a biography yet.
CitySunnyvale
StateCA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nia Schmald

Showing 211 - 220 of 590 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...59

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Lightweight 1 person Tarp
> Is it sized right? Dimensions look on the slightly lower end of what's out there. I like that. I don't like tyvek. I used the 1443R for a bivy on a thru hike and it started rip...

In GEAR » Lightweight 1 person Tarp
December 11, 1:49pm

Re: Carbon Fiber Bear Canister
Lighter, bigger, cheaper? You bet! It would need be approved in Yosemite and SEKI for me though.

In GEAR » Carbon Fiber Bear Canister
December 11, 9:46am

MYOG Vapor Barrier Mittens
I'd like to make a pair of mittens similar to the Vapr Thrm mittens available here, but with removable liners. I'm planning on using the Stephenson's fuzzy stuff, climashield, and brea...

In Make Your Own Gear » MYOG Vapor Barrier Mittens
December 10, 8:19pm

Re: SlingShot
Thanks Daryl. Do you have the weight of the slingshot?

In Philosophy & Technique » UL with a gun?
December 10, 3:46pm

Re: Nettent
Just thought I'd follow up. Cool to see all the other folks who have made their own nettents. I used mine for a thru hike of the PCT this summer and here are my comments: The solid ends ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Nettent
December 10, 2:35pm

Re: Re: LW Backcountry Hunt
Please give it a rest. This trip report was posted in a forum called "Other Activities". As such I would think any other activity would be fair game to discuss. No matter how heavy it is.

In Other Activities » LW Backcountry Hunt
December 10, 2:22pm

Re: Pants - BPL Thorofare v. Montbell Stretch Windpants & others
My system for legs were Cloudveil Spinner convertible softshell pants, a lightweight merino baselayer, and a pair of running shorts. The cloudveil covered normal conditions, wind, rain, and snow. ...

In GEAR » Pants - BPL Thorofare v. Montbell Stretch Windpants & others
December 10, 2:06pm

Re: Bushbuddy stove as a snow melter
Bummer. Is there any science as to why wood doesn't burn well at winter temps? Or is it a problem with the bush buddy?

In Winter Hiking » bushbuddy stove as a snow melter
December 10, 12:04am

Re: Winos of the world, your help is needed!
Gimmick. I got one back when backcountry had the 40% off sale but I've never bothered using it. It doesn't have a vacuum seal so it's just blocks light. Not a lot of light inside my ...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Winos of the world, your help is needed!
December 09, 11:49pm

Re: Spinntwinn + net tent
I did the PCT this summer with a tarp and a homemade net tent similar to the alpinlite and MLD serenity nettent. I really love this combination for the pct. Most of the time the weather is great ...

In GEAR » Spinntwinn + net tent
December 09, 10:40pm

All Reader Reviews by Nia Schmald

Nia Schmald has posted no reviews.