BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 211 - 220 of 5284 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...529

Forum » Thread

Re: Unsupported/Unresupplied/Thru-Hikes
Interesting thread. Good if you want to turn your trip into some sort of record, or prove your brawn. For me it misses the whole reason to backpack. But hike your own hike. Contemplating The Fas...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Longest ultraight BP w/o replenishing?
December 19, 11:53am

Re: Longest ultraight BP w/o replenishing?
Well... First define UL backpacking. If you want to use base weight is less than 10 lbs, then it is easy to do 2-3 weeks unsupported. You will suffer if you want to use a frameless pack or a pac...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Longest ultraight BP w/o replenishing?
December 19, 10:11am

Re: Timex Indiglo
I think the Timex Expedition is a great looking watch, classic face with HANDS, not digital gobble-gook. Light, rugged, durable, and accurate. I need to remove the band and soak it is water for a f...

In GEAR » Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
December 18, 9:51pm

Re: @Nick
Max, Have you tried sending it to Victronix? I have never done that, but my "legacy" watch my dad gave me in 1969 ( Seiko) has been repaired by the factory. Regarding a legacy watc...

In GEAR » Let's see a picture of your WATCH thread.
December 18, 8:30pm

Re: Re: Dog Saliva
"Words of wisdom, Tipi. It's an approach to backpacking that is often overlooked on this site in the rush to rack up the miles." Don't forget than as we get older, we don't...

In Philosophy & Technique » UL positive feedback system
December 18, 6:12pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Modified LiteTrail System
No gunk on windscreen. Gunk on Esbit holder. Small Ziploc takes care of that.

In GEAR » Lite Trail Solid Fuel System
December 18, 5:54pm

Re: PLEASE!!!!!!!
Why not?

In GEAR » Just ordered a couple of these cheap cups for potential use as a pot, anyone else used one?
December 18, 11:33am

Re: LS vs SS
Why even wear a shirt when the weather is nice?

In GEAR » When to carry/wear a Short Sleeve shirt?
December 18, 11:08am

Re: insects
Paul, Did a good part of Mid State Trail and then down to the North South Trail in RI last June. Actually you could hike through the entire states of Rhode Island and Massachusetts on these trai...

In GEAR » When to carry/wear a Short Sleeve shirt?
December 18, 11:06am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lite Trail Solid Fuel System
"32 ounces of heated water on one cube is fantastic. Even if it doesn't get to a boil, it's still fantastic. It seems like we should be seeing a shift from alcohol to esbit this coming...

In GEAR » Lite Trail Solid Fuel System
December 18, 10:26am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am