BPL Community Profile

Nick Gatel (ngatel) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern California
About Me Started backpacking in the 1960's and still going strong.
CityPalm Springs
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://www.popupbackpacker.com
My PDF Gear ListSub 4 lb

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Nick Gatel

Showing 211 - 220 of 5445 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...545

Forum » Thread

Re: Best high country trip with no crowds?
I predict there will now be crowds there this summer ;)

In Pre-Trip Planning » Best high country trip with no crowds?
March 11, 11:00pm

Re: Tarp camping in the rain
MLD Trailstar.

In GEAR » Tarp camping in the rain
March 11, 10:59pm

Re: Tease......
Michael, The Expedition will have a Cordura bottom and the lashes are some sort of plastic. Those will break over the years. Replacement is on my To Do list. I would guess eBay is the only place...

In Gear Swap » WTB: Kelty Serac Backpack Size XL or L
March 11, 10:54pm

Re: Re: anyone use these stakes?
"FREE ePacket delivery from China" There's your sign. Spend the extra $ for MSR.

In GEAR » anyone use these stakes?
March 11, 10:49pm

Re: Help Me Get Better @ Site Selection
I think this is a good subject. All of us are going to have differing opinions and no one is right. First, there are a few considerations (1) Is it a hike, sleep, hike endeavor? If so, you j...

In Philosophy & Technique » Help Me Get Better @ Site Selection
March 11, 10:38pm

Re: maui, hi, solar charger
"So what is the best one for my Samsung galaxy?" As was posted earlier... "...you really have to get in touch with the power demands of your devices. Without that, you are just...

In GEAR » best solar charger right now? march 14"
March 11, 8:59pm

Re: Re
The soundtrack from "Cats" (for private use) ?

In Other Activities » Good music for a time lapse of animals on a trail?
March 11, 3:24pm

Re: Do you unbuckle your hip belt when hiking down hill?
No. Never crossed my mind no matter what the pack weight is. However my really small packs don't have hip belts.

In Philosophy & Technique » Do you unbuckle your hip belt when hiking down hill?
March 11, 5:27am

Re: Windshirt Warranties... Tell me about it...
"I owned my Patagonia Houdini for exactly 1.5 weeks. Then I crashed my bike... now it's shredded." Bummer! That is why us motorcyclists wear leather. Not so the material will last,...

In GEAR » windshirt with a good waranty or a decent cheap one?
March 11, 4:37am

Re: WTB: Kelty Serac Backpack Size XL or L
You may want to specify the model. The left one is a Serac Expedition (1980's) versus the much smaller 70's Serac. However, neither is for sale. The expedition is over 7,000 cu in.

In Gear Swap » WTB: Kelty Serac Backpack Size XL or L
March 11, 4:29am

All Reader Reviews by Nick Gatel

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BPL Beartooth Merino Wool Hoody
Cool enough in 82F weather, warm in cool weather. Hood replaces light cap and light baclava. One piece of gear replaces several single items! Sizing is not 'standard.' But... if you review ...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - WOOL
March 09, 11:38pm

ULA Equipment
5/5 It seems that from earlier reviews, ULA has solved the communication issues with the addition of Casey to the staff, which must have solved that void. Not only was the communication great (t...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
February 23, 1:49am