BPL Community Profile

John S. (jshann) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale John S. hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Originally from Louisiana, I enjoyed camping in my Boy Scouting days and eventually became an Eagle Scout. Many years later (2002), I discovered backpacking after going on an REI multisport trip to Alaska. My first backpack was to Grand Canyon, and I was hooked!
CityDallas
StateTexas
CountryU.S.A.
My Website URLhttp://tinyurl.com/2rr6nx
My PDF Gear ListSample Gearlist

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by John S.

Showing 211 - 220 of 3682 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...369

Forum » Thread

Re: Home Made Tent Stakes
Knitting needles.

In Make Your Own Gear » Home Made Tent Stakes
November 11, 4:52pm

Re: RE: Search Forums
This is what I see. It must be something on my end. I'm on a mac using safari.

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Search Forums
November 10, 4:28pm

It seems the search function for the forums forces use of the top search box like on the homepage. Even searching the term "evac" would not find some threads. Had to use a web search engi...

In Website & Forum Admin/Support » Search Forums
November 10, 2:05pm

Re: How do you handle your $ on a long hike?
http://www.depositaccounts.com/blog/tips-to-keep-your-credit-and-debit-cards-safe.html

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you handle your $ on a long hike?
November 10, 8:49am

Re: How do you handle your $ on a long hike?
I would probably take two credit cards and no debit cards. Debit cards have increased risk IMO.

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How do you handle your $ on a long hike?
November 09, 7:06pm

Re: Free MLD Gear
Gear Deals should not be for this sort of gear givaway for a vote. There is no sale offer.

In Gear Deals » Free MLD Gear
November 06, 5:07pm

Re: "Backpacking With A Thermometer"
The body does measure the temperature of blood in several areas including the brain. The hypothalamus is your thermostat. http://d.yimg.com/kq/groups/15854266/652670728/name/feb%2520neu%25202.pdf

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking With A Thermometer
October 30, 2:48pm

Re: Bargain Bivy @ oware $57 shipped
The drawcord looks like it would be under a shoulder and hard to get to, from guessing where it ends up when inside. Where is the drawcord when you are inside? I am guessing the gray is silnylon...

In Gear Deals » Bargain Bivy @ oware $57 shipped
October 30, 1:26pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Backpacking With A Thermometer
Most of those carrying therms only want to record the overnight lows.

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpacking With A Thermometer
October 30, 10:41am

Re: Snowshoe length & my "theory of relativiity"
Theory of Floatativity.

In GEAR » Snowshoes for use with light shoes
October 30, 10:30am

All Reader Reviews by John S.

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

GoLite Dawn
I have had this pack for several years and have taken it on multiple backpacks ranging from 2 days to 6 days. My pack weights have been over 15 pounds a few times with no problems. The materials and w...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 09, 12:05pm