Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Jim Colten (jcolten) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale MN
About Me Jim Colten has not added a biography yet.
My PDF Gear Listtest

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Jim Colten

Showing 211 - 220 of 1891 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...190

Forum » Thread

Re: it doesn't exist (-and never did)
So the plains tribes burned more and more. Presumably that released countless tons of greenhouse gasses Indeed ... I'm thinking that would be largely CO2. Consider the life history of th...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » My forest is burning!
July 13, 7:44pm

mn
deleted

In Gear Swap » FS - Evernew 1L (1.3L?) TitaniumPot (customized bail handle)
July 09, 2:51pm

about committees: The Politics of Cottage Consumption
PS: a committee is a dead end into which good ideas are carfully herded to be quietly buried. Here's another one ... "a camel is a horse designed by a committee"

In Editor's Roundtable » The Politics of Cottage Consumption
July 03, 8:01pm

Re: The Politics of Cottage Consumption
The smart consumer will by the best product at the best price, without prejudice as to what segment of the industry produced it, or where it was produced. Ahhhhhh, the smart consumer ... does th...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Politics of Cottage Consumption
July 03, 2:36am

Re: Packit Gourmet- What dishes are your favorites?
For me its the Burger wraps, gumbo and Smoothies. Stephen, a rule to live by ... eat no cajun food prepared by a person born north of Interstate 10! But I might give it a try, there's exc...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » Packit Gourmet- What dishes are your favorites?
June 28, 8:37pm

Re: Backyard
@Kat ... kudos on your choice of a backyard! @Nick ... traditionally, Yentels are women;-)

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Maybe my first solo trip this weekend??
June 17, 8:46am

Dances with bears
news article about an encounter with an aggressive black bear

In Other Activities » Dances with bears
June 16, 1:01pm

Re: FS: Neoair Small and Patagonia R1 Mens XS
PM sent on the neoair

In Gear Swap » FS: Neoair Small and Patagonia R1 Mens XS
June 16, 7:18am

Re: Cool things to sightsee before Philmont?
* Tour the Air Force Academy * Whitewater rafting on the Arkansas River. Several firms operating out of the Buena Vista, CO area ... 90 miles by road west of Colorado Springs

In Philmont » Cool things to sightsee before Philmont?
June 06, 8:17pm

Re: A Pencil for the JMT -- Solution Found!
Another enjoyable read! Thanks, Nick. But you missed an obvious secondary benefit ... onion paper is edible ... multi-purpose! However ... I ask this with dread in my heart ... are we to inf...

In GEAR » A Pencil for the JMT -- Solution Found!
June 03, 3:26pm

All Reader Reviews by Jim Colten

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

TarpTent
My entry into the world of tarping was with Hernry's orginal squall. Later that year the Cloudburst was introduced. I contacted him about an idea of converting my squall to use an arched front p...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 30, 11:04am

Thru-Hiker.com
1) good products 2) friendly and useful help before ans after sale 3) great customer service I'd rate Thru-Hiker a 6 if that was an option

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 01, 8:10am

Minibull Designs Pocket Puck
Hector, I had similar experience .... but only the first time I lit it. Since then I've been giving the pocket puck about 15-30 seconds more warmup time and it has always stayed lit. There is a...

In Stoves - Alcohol
October 16, 6:04am