November 20, 2015 8:16 PM MST - Subscription purchasing, account maintenance, forum profile maintenance, new account registration, and forum posting have been disabled
as we prepare our databases for the final migration to our new server next week. Stay tuned here for more details.
Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Steve S (idahosteve) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Idaho
About Me Left the climbing arena recently, and am now lightening my load in anticipation of wandering all over the high country!
My Website URL
My PDF Gear Listshr gear list

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Steve S

Showing 211 - 220 of 293 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

Re: windshirt?
Exactly! Usually really light, just enough protection to keep you warm or dry as you move in changing conditions. Here's a pic of mine, a Montbell that weighs 3oz I think...

In GEAR » windshirt?
November 21, 5:46pm

One of a kind experience
Well, this post is essentially a trip report, but then again, thats like saying that our hikes are "just" hikes. This report is long, with pics etc. but I wanted this to be in a predom...

In Philosophy & Technique » One of a kind experience
November 20, 5:14pm

SHR plans
I'm also looking very seriously at going after the SHR this next season. I'm a fan of later in the season, leaving the snow and dealing with the talus. My initial plans are to do the whole ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » SHR ?'s and your thoughts.
November 20, 4:44pm

link details
I'm pretty sure I understand this now, but can I do this with a document? ie having a trip report in a word doc, and if I can, is the path to its location substituted for the url? I think I was...

In Post-Trip Reports » trip report format
November 17, 6:48am

trip report format
Hey, I was wondering, and I've seen it on here before, but I don't have the puter savy to pull it off, how does one put a trip report into a link that will open when you click on it, versus...

In Post-Trip Reports » trip report format
November 16, 10:12pm

great pics!
Brian, great pics! that was one amazing trip! That first pic is of Big Baron Spire, which is a famous Fred Beckey climb from back in the day. The final spire is climbed via a bolt ladder that Beck...

In Post-Trip Reports » Sawtooth Romp trip report
November 06, 7:26pm

guilty as charged
I would never fall for that! Here, let me move these 5 stoves over so we can take a look at that new shelter! LMAO Its so hard to be humble when I know what a gear junkie I am! Hello, my name...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » UL in the mainstream
November 03, 1:49pm

UL in the mainstream
Well, I've seen a few mention, and discussions about whether or not UL has hit any of the mainstream. I have a part time gig where I get to write Recreation articles for a local Idaho paper. I ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » UL in the mainstream
November 03, 12:26pm

more Duo comments
Wow, I didn't realize that this thread had blossomed into such a detailed discussion. I own the LD, and have a couple points of feedback. First, on SMD in general. Can't say enough of h...

In GEAR » Double Rainbow vs. Lunar Duo
October 27, 8:04am

Re: need stove advice
Don't forget to look at the LiteMax stove, I have only seen a few references to this stove in the forum, but I can speak from experience, its a great little stove, and its stability is fantasti...

In GEAR » need stove advice
October 26, 7:31am

All Reader Reviews by Steve S

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Snow Peak LiteMax
I decided to go with the cannister stove out of familarity instead of alcohol. I'm a new UL user, transitioning from a technical climbing background. The old MSR gas stoves were our mainstay for m...

In Stoves - Canister
July 12, 8:39am