Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

David Goodyear (dmgoody) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale mid-west
About Me David Goodyear has not added a biography yet.
StateMIchigan
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by David Goodyear

Showing 211 - 220 of 402 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...41

Forum » Thread

censorship, banishment...na
Time for you to get back in the woods. If you don't want to read on about a topic...then don't. There are plenty of things here that may interest you. If you’re tired of answering ne...

In Chaff » Oh dear. Is it the economy?
September 21, 9:39pm

sleeping system for tossers-n-turners??
The old question...should I turn in the mummy bag or make it turn with me? Should I cut off the hood and design a detached puffy hood? I have frosted a few mummy bag hoods in the winter...What ...

In Make Your Own Gear » sleeping system for tossers-n-turners??
September 21, 9:07pm

military style or make your own
You are probably better off with a low profile pack if you are going to walk some serious bush. This may put you out of the light category. You need a tough, slippery fabric and a pack with few bel...

In GEAR » Are there any UL or LW packs suitable for scrub?
September 19, 7:49pm

mixed reviews
Hi Dave, Just got back from a hot, wet and tiring SAR. Members of our group that had been to Canada in the winter gave tyvek a mixed review. They mentioned the problems listed above, but when I ...

In Make Your Own Gear » Winter Bivy Advise needed
September 11, 8:41pm

no zippers needed
Dave, I don't think it has to be much more complicated than your basic bivy. It may be just as easy to modify it. I don't need any zippers, unless you can figure out a way to put a zippe...

September 07, 9:26pm

bivy pattern
Thanks for all of the replies. Dave: Once tyvek was mentioned as a viable material, I did a site search and found reams of material. I haven’t read it all yet, but I do think that a good patt...

September 07, 10:35am

Materials
Thanks for your replies. I appreciate being able to learn from another’s trials. I had read about the limited breathability of the expensive “super" fabrics. I did not realize that tyvek i...

September 07, 7:12am

Winter Bivy Advise needed
Hello all you bivy makers. I need some advise on materials for a winter bivy. I am transitioning to tarp camping and would like to make a winter bivy. This will be used on winter trips to Canada un...

September 05, 5:43am

tarp beaks
This Idea has been around for ages. I learned the flying diamond with a beak pitch from an old bushman as did he. It is also called the forester pitch in the free publication " Tarp Shelters, ...

In Make Your Own Gear » When is using other peoples ideas not ok?
September 02, 9:09pm

try laminating
If the tie-outs are mid-panel and not on a seam, try laminating a patch over the sew holes like Jim Colten's article. http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/myog-laminating...

In Make Your Own Gear » Best way to attach mid panel tie outs?
August 31, 9:20pm

All Reader Reviews by David Goodyear

Showing 1 - 2 of 2 | Page: 1

Review

Category

caldera cone w gram cracker esbit stove snow peak solo
Just returned from a 4 day bushwhacking trip. This setup achieved 2 near boils (small bubbles) per esbit tab. Morning and night temps in the mid 30's - water taken from cold creeks. I allotted 4 t...

In Stoves - Other
October 08, 7:52am

Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1
I bought this tent before becoming a member of this site. When I read the review of the SL-1, I was worried about its stability and durability. I am not a tarp camper so the seedhouse seemed to be the...

In Shelters - Double Wall Tents
August 12, 7:22am