Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Danny Milks (dannymilks) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Sierras
About Me After having worked for four years at UC Davis Outdoor Adventures (as an assistant manager and guide) and two years at Shasta Mountain Guides (as a guide), my wife and I have decided it's time for a change. We got rid of everything we owned and are now in the midst of a multi-year world travel. We are mostly interested in healthy food and backpacking in all of the great mountain ranges. When we had a "home" we enjoyed cycling, backcountry skiing, running, and gardening.
StateCalifornia
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://trektogether.blogspot.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Danny Milks

Showing 211 - 220 of 233 | Page: 1 ...5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Forum » Thread

Cost of Spot2
I wanted to see if there were any discounts on SPOT2 and found it for $104.96 on Amazon with free shipping. That's a pretty good deal. Still, it doesn't help the $100/year contract.

In Editor's Roundtable » SPOT2 Personal Locator Review and Extensive Field Test
December 02, 9:17am

Mammut Extreme Arctic Mitten
Mammut makes a mitten similar to the OR Altai: Mammut Extreme Arctic Mitten It weights 290 grams and has 600fp down. They could use higher quality down and lighter fabrics, of course, but they a...

In GEAR » down mittens
November 28, 8:08am

Dynafit Binding Patent Expires - New Competition
La Sportiva Launches Ultra Light RT Ski Binding For Winter 2010/11 I wonder who else will come out with a RT tech binding. Black Diamond? G3? And how will Dynafit respond to this new competi...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Dynafit Binding Patent Expires - New Competition
November 26, 8:10am

BPL Photo Contest?
Does anybody know if, and when, BPL is holding their Photo Contest this year? I haven't been able to find any announcements or chatter. Photos were due about this time last year. Might this not...

In Photography » BPL Photo Contest?
November 14, 5:32am

Great Review
This review is a breath of fresh air. How so? Well BPL reviews are generally very objective and hold products to the highest standards, which is why we all love BPL. However, it sometimes gets depr...

In Editor's Roundtable » MontBell Tachyon Anorak and Dynamo Wind Pants Review
November 03, 3:57am

The Helpful Push
Tom - sorry for the late reply, but I think we all need a push once in a while. For me it was losing my job. That was my last excuse for not traveling like this. As far as fears go, I have been...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Global Test: One Gear List for Two Years and Five Continents
August 13, 4:46am

Canister Fuel Availability in South America
Zach - You should be able to use your Snow Peak without any trouble. Canister fuel is typically only available in the mountain towns and really big cities. Having just gone down the Andes, I know t...

In Editor's Roundtable » The Global Test: One Gear List for Two Years and Five Continents
August 13, 4:19am

DR Liner - Useful?
Hi John, We did not find the Double Rainbow liner useful enough. I did not notice any difference in condensation level or warmth. The liner could also keep your tarptent cooler during the day, but...

July 16, 11:26am

Other Questions
Daryl - Thanks for the words of encouragement. There are a few books and people that have inspired me along the way too. I get a little sentimental thinking back now, as I am living my dream. M...

July 15, 4:50pm

The Unisex Sarong
Bigfoot - Kristin tried to protect my image, but I did use the sarong on several different occasion. It is very comfortable and was sometimes necessary to wear so I could hand-wash my clothes. W...

July 15, 4:44pm

All Reader Reviews by Danny Milks

Danny Milks has posted no reviews.