BPL Community Profile

Kevin Burton (burtonator) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale norcal
About Me 35, male. Software Engineer living in downtown San Francisco.

I'm an intermediate/advanced backpacker. In excellent shape. Love the outdoors.

Avid fisherman. I always carry my rod with me when I am backpacking.

I've climbed Mount Shasta, hiked most of Yosemite, visited Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons.

I'm going to do a 4 week section hike of the PCT in 2013.

You could say I'm addicted.

I have a bunch of backpacking videos over at

http://youtube.com/user/burtonator
CitySan Francisco
StateCA
CountryUS
My Website URLhttp://burtonator.wordpress.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Kevin Burton

Showing 211 - 220 of 565 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...57

Forum » Thread

My scumbag opsack is now putting out an odor! :-P
So this is ironic... my opsack now smells like peanut butter and curry powder. FUN! Odor proof my ass! :-P I have it in the sink soaking in soapy water... but considering that bears have 70x...

In GEAR » My scumbag opsack is now putting out an odor! :-P
August 01, 2:19pm

bad software.
Some of this is bad software. I'm a software engineer and repairing bad data is something I do for a living (for 10-15 year now). There are no error bars anywhere for example. They could h...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Accuracy or otherwise of GPS
July 30, 5:31pm

ha.
so I can only find nylon forceps in packs of 100... that's a bit overkill :-P The harbor freight ones are nice and half the weight of my current ones.

In GEAR » Ultralight forceps?
July 29, 11:04pm

Ultralight forceps?
I need a pair of ultralight forceps for fishing... the ones I have are made out of aluminum and way overkill for how I use them. Anyone have a recommendation?

In GEAR » Ultralight forceps?
July 29, 10:29pm

Best ultralight shoes with solomon lacing?
So I really like the solomon lacing system. I guess I could do without it of course but it's pretty nice. What's the best of their shoes for ultralight backpackers? The pair I have ar...

In GEAR » Best ultralight shoes with solomon lacing?
July 29, 10:21pm

Group Sierra High Route trip in early Sep?
Anyone want to try to tackle the Sierra High Route together as a group in early Sep? Considering about 50% of it is off trail and a few spots are class 3 climbs it is probably better to do this ...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Group Sierra High Route trip in early Sep?
July 29, 3:12pm

Heading up to Yosemite/Emigrant this weekend from SF if anyone wants to join.
A couple of us from the list are headed up to Yosemite/Emigrant this weekend if anyone wants to join. We're leaving from downtown SF at 2/2:30 PM and returning late Sunday night. PM me if...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Heading up to Yosemite/Emigrant this weekend from SF if anyone wants to join.
July 29, 3:08pm

Ideal jacket fill weight for 850 and 900 down for summer backpacking.
I have a lame 600 fill power jacket I want to get rid of for an 850 fill power jacket (save weight). I haven't gotten rid of it yet because I bought a 900 FP jacket and it doesn't keep m...

In GEAR » Ideal jacket fill weight for 850 and 900 down for summer backpacking.
July 29, 9:59am

This is why climbing Everest is stupid.
http://i.imgur.com/wqQV1LX.jpg

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » This is why climbing Everest is stupid.
July 28, 3:00pm

Re: What are the most useful inexpensive items you carry?
I take my uses lip balm and melt or cut deodorant and put it inside and use them as ultralight deodorant sticks. Just twist and out comes new deodorant as you use it ;)

In GEAR » What are the most useful inexpensive items you carry?
July 27, 9:35pm

All Reader Reviews by Kevin Burton

Kevin Burton has posted no reviews.