Brian Senez (bsenez) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale New England
About Me Long distance hiking, trail running, cycling, triathlon

ME-GA '06
LT '08
CitySouthwick
StateMA
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Brian Senez

Showing 211 - 219 of 219 | Page: 1 ...3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Forum » Thread

re: ultralight bonanza
PM sent on Zpack backpack

In Gear Swap » FS: Ultralite bonanza! MLD, WM, GG, Zpacks, Nunatak etc.
August 04, 7:54am

re:what type of food are you carrying
Hi Terry, Much of my pack weight is food. I prefer to travel as far as possible between resupply points. Generally I carry 5-8 days of food at a time. For my upcoming 300 mile section hike my b...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » how many calories per pound per day do you eat?
August 03, 7:36pm

re: how many calories per pound per day do you eat?
I am currently preparing for a 300 mile section hike through NH and VT on the Appalachian Trail. I weigh 160lb and will carry 4200-4300 calories per day. This comes out to 26 calories per pound p...

In Food, Hydration, and Nutrition » how many calories per pound per day do you eat?
August 03, 6:02am

$2 for 20g clippers
I always carry a small nail clipper with me on long distance hikes. I have had the same pair for the last couple of seasons. http://www.walgreens.com/beauty/product.jsp?CATID=306873&navAc...

In GEAR » Light nail clippers?
November 02, 8:02am

Conclusion
Thanks for all the great advice and suggestions. I will be leaving to get back on the trail in two hours! I did swap out my vapor trail for the virga which I will try out for the next couple week...

In GEAR » Help me shed some weight!
November 12, 6:24am

raingear confusion
-So for raingear I could do something like a ID Event jacket @ 9oz and the golite pants either the reed 6oz or shadow 8oz. I would have bought the event jacket long ago except the no pit zips are ...

November 09, 3:31pm

Would propore raingear work for me?
Thank you for all the great advice already. -To operate comfortably at these temperatures I can realistically only save a few more pounds without radically changing my setup. I like to carry ...

November 09, 12:35pm

Help me shed some weight!
None of my gear is heavy, but only some of it is ultralight. I want to take the next step with several key pieces of gear. Right now the base load is a little over 12lb. This needs to be comfort...

November 09, 8:07am

Re: 17.5 micron vs. 18.5 micron wool
Not sure on the difference between the two but just wanted to chime in with some feedback on the 18.5 woolies from ibex. They are very lightweight and the fit is very close. They are form fitting...

In GEAR » 17.5 micron vs. 18.5 micron wool
July 13, 8:17pm

All Reader Reviews by Brian Senez

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

ZPacks Zilch
I have an XL Zilch with a center pocket and padded waistbelt all in white cuben. The weight of this is 160g (5.6oz). I recently used this pack for a nine day hike from Gorham NH to Hanover VT on the ...

In Backpacks - Frameless
October 15, 5:57pm