BPL Community Profile

Andy Duncan (bluewater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Andy Duncan has not added a biography yet.
CityLaguna Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seatosummitultralight.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListWinter Sierra Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Duncan

Showing 211 - 220 of 305 | Page: 1 ...12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Forum » Thread

Re: Putting gear together for JMT section in summer (critique!!!)
Hey Jacob. You're already down to just over 12 lbs including a shelter for two people. Nice. I can second the earlier recommendation for the Wild Ideas bear canister. I carried food for two peo...

In Gear Lists » Putting gear together for JMT section in summer (critique!!!)
November 03, 2:44pm

John Muir Trail – Sierra High Route Loop
Thanks for posting the link to your Spot map, awesome. Finding the turnoff toward the end of the North Lake trail up the switchbacks has been my concern. This really helps. If I could just get the ...

In Post-Trip Reports » John Muir Trial – Sierra High Route Loop
November 03, 2:32pm

John Muir Trial – Sierra High Route Loop
Great photos! I miss the JMT already. The Lamark Col/Darwin Lakes area is next, your pictures really give a good idea of what to expect next summer. . .

In Post-Trip Reports » John Muir Trial – Sierra High Route Loop
October 31, 10:01pm

Momentum 90
I used a windshirt made out of Momentum 90 on the JMT this summer with no problem. It seemed to hold up fine after wearing it with my pack on. The pack straps were made of 1.43 oz/sqyd cuben, I'...

In Make Your Own Gear » Jackets made w/ Momentum 90, etc: how does material hold up under pack straps?
October 31, 2:46pm

Re: Putting gear together for JMT section in summer (critique!!!)
Looks like a good list, 12.7 lbs base weight (w/out the bear canister) for a JMT hike isn't bad. I really like the SMD Haven Tarp & Net Tent combo, at 2 lbs for a modular 2 person shelter i...

In Gear Lists » Putting gear together for JMT section in summer (critique!!!)
October 27, 10:33am

Custom Zero
Thanx for posting the pxts of your new Zero. Very nice! I like the new shoulder strap attachment he is doing, and the roll top seems like a much better way to go.

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Custom Zpacks Zero - Finally Got the Perfect SUL Pack
October 27, 9:03am

Re: How hard is it to put a headhole in the middle of a down quilt?
I've added head holes like the JRB quilts to my last two quilt projects. I'm not sure if the quilt that you ordered is baffled or sewn-thru. It would probably be a lot easier on a sewn-thru...

In Make Your Own Gear » How hard is it to put a headhole in the middle of a down quilt?
October 25, 11:43pm

Donald I. Downs plaque
I'm a little late joining this post. . . I was just there a few weeks ago and I remember thinking the trail just south of Forester was amazing, blasted right into the side of an incredibly stee...

In Post-Trip Reports » In memory of Donald I. Downs
October 17, 11:09am

Above Treeline
Evolution Basin

In Photo Gallery » Above Treeline
October 13, 11:34pm

Above Treeline
Thanx for sharing your inspiring pxts. . . a few from my 1st time on the JMT. North from Mather Pass. Mt. Hitchock from Mt. Whitney.

In Photo Gallery » Above Treeline
October 07, 9:22pm

All Reader Reviews by Andy Duncan

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat AGP AGP
I used these poles on the JMT last summer and had no problems. They are extremely light and the grips and very comfortable. The locking system is smooth and flawless. I have used them in snow and mile...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:20pm

Thermarest Neo-Air
After using the large (19oz) for the extra 5" in width and the regular (14 oz) to save a little weight I finally just settled on the small (9 oz). It's lightweight and perfect as an extended ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 01, 2:24am

zpacks Company
I ordered a Hexamid Tent on Sept. 1st and received it on the extact day Joe said it would mailed out. When I added some accessories to the order at the last minute he sent them without charging for th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 01, 2:01am