BPL Community Profile

Andy Duncan (bluewater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Andy Duncan has not added a biography yet.
CityLaguna Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seatosummitultralight.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListWinter Sierra Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Duncan

Showing 211 - 220 of 299 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

Re: How hard is it to put a headhole in the middle of a down quilt?
I've added head holes like the JRB quilts to my last two quilt projects. I'm not sure if the quilt that you ordered is baffled or sewn-thru. It would probably be a lot easier on a sewn-thru...

In Make Your Own Gear » How hard is it to put a headhole in the middle of a down quilt?
October 25, 11:43pm

Donald I. Downs plaque
I'm a little late joining this post. . . I was just there a few weeks ago and I remember thinking the trail just south of Forester was amazing, blasted right into the side of an incredibly stee...

In Post-Trip Reports » In memory of Donald I. Downs
October 17, 11:09am

Above Treeline
Evolution Basin

In Photo Gallery » Above Treeline
October 13, 11:34pm

Above Treeline
Thanx for sharing your inspiring pxts. . . a few from my 1st time on the JMT. North from Mather Pass. Mt. Hitchock from Mt. Whitney.

In Photo Gallery » Above Treeline
October 07, 9:22pm

DIY 1/2 ounce headlamp
I made this one out of two small LED lights and a headband. It works great and is bright enough for around camp, although it's barely enough for night hiking on a trail. I got caught at night c...

In Make Your Own Gear » DIY Headlamp
October 02, 2:47pm

BPL Member Map
This is a great idea, thanx for starting the member map. I'm another one behind the 'orange curtain' in California, we get the nice weather but have to drive hours to get into the Sierr...

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » BPL Member Map
September 26, 6:13pm

John Muir Trail - 215 miles across the Sierra Nevada in 15 days
Thanks for posting your pictures and trip report. I just got back from finishing the JMT last night (sobo solo) and it is good to see some familiar sights. Great panos!

In Post-Trip Reports » John Muir Trail - 215 miles across the Sierra Nevada in 15 days
September 25, 12:20am

Zero w/ Bear Canister
I've been using a Zero with a small Bear Boxer (25.6 ozs) for 4 day trips in Yosemite this summer. The pack weighs 5.9 ozs and is the same size as a Blast 26. It has 2 side pockets, 1 front poc...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Sul/xul pack
September 04, 1:49am

Emigrant Wilderness
Thanks for posting your pictures! I was in Emigrant last week and after four days I started to wish I lived up north just to be closer. You are lucky to have such an amazing playground in your back...

In Post-Trip Reports » Emigrant Wilderness-Deer Lake
August 23, 6:34pm

Wildlife Photos
Thanks for posting the details of your trip. I can't wait to get out that way later this summer. And your wildlife photos are amazing, carrying the DSLR was definitely worth it. ~ Andy.

In Post-Trip Reports » Solo on the Evolution Loop, John Muir Wilderness and Kings Canyon National Park, California
August 11, 11:25am

All Reader Reviews by Andy Duncan

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat AGP AGP
I used these poles on the JMT last summer and had no problems. They are extremely light and the grips and very comfortable. The locking system is smooth and flawless. I have used them in snow and mile...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:20pm

Thermarest Neo-Air
After using the large (19oz) for the extra 5" in width and the regular (14 oz) to save a little weight I finally just settled on the small (9 oz). It's lightweight and perfect as an extended ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 01, 2:24am

zpacks Company
I ordered a Hexamid Tent on Sept. 1st and received it on the extact day Joe said it would mailed out. When I added some accessories to the order at the last minute he sent them without charging for th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 01, 2:01am