BPL Community Profile

Andy Duncan (bluewater) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale SoCal
About Me Andy Duncan has not added a biography yet.
CityLaguna Beach
StateCA
CountryUSA
My Website URLhttp://seatosummitultralight.blogspot.com/
My PDF Gear ListWinter Sierra Gear List

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Andy Duncan

Showing 211 - 220 of 292 | Page: 1 ...11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Forum » Thread

Zero w/ Bear Canister
I've been using a Zero with a small Bear Boxer (25.6 ozs) for 4 day trips in Yosemite this summer. The pack weighs 5.9 ozs and is the same size as a Blast 26. It has 2 side pockets, 1 front poc...

In SuperUltraLight (SUL) Backpacking Discussion » Sul/xul pack
September 04, 1:49am

Emigrant Wilderness
Thanks for posting your pictures! I was in Emigrant last week and after four days I started to wish I lived up north just to be closer. You are lucky to have such an amazing playground in your back...

In Post-Trip Reports » Emigrant Wilderness-Deer Lake
August 23, 6:34pm

Wildlife Photos
Thanks for posting the details of your trip. I can't wait to get out that way later this summer. And your wildlife photos are amazing, carrying the DSLR was definitely worth it. ~ Andy.

In Post-Trip Reports » Solo on the Evolution Loop, John Muir Wilderness and Kings Canyon National Park, California
August 11, 11:25am

JMT
Thanks Pilate! We will be doing the next section at the end of August, can't wait to get back out there. ~ Andy.

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite - 4 Days Solo - Happy Isles to Cathedral Lakes to Vogelsang to Merced Lake
August 08, 2:52pm

Right on.
Thanx Josh! I think we may have just missed each other around Tuolumne Meadows. It looks like you guys had a blast. That snow covered trail on the way to Ireland Lake looked beautiful. Can't wa...

In Post-Trip Reports » Yosemite - 4 Days Solo - Happy Isles to Cathedral Lakes to Vogelsang to Merced Lake
August 02, 2:03am

7/20 - 7/24
Thanx Kristin! I was there from 7/20 - 7/24. Gallison, Bernice and Merced were all at very high levels with the creeks and waterfalls going strong. The high country above Bernice and Gallison looke...

July 31, 9:59pm

Cool.
Have a great trip Erik, looking forward to seeing some pxts when you get back. The JMT awaits! Andy.

July 31, 2:55pm

Re: Yosemite - 4 Days Solo - Happy Isles to Cathedral Lakes to Vogelsang to Merced Lake
Thanx for the kind words Trevor and Erik! Much appreciated. I'm going from TM to Reds on August 29th - Sept. 1st with a small group then finishing from Reds to Whitney starting Sept. 12th. ...

July 31, 1:10pm

Yosemite - 4 Days Solo - Happy Isles to Cathedral Lakes to Vogelsang to Merced Lake
I recently did a 4 day solo 60 mile loop hike in Yosemite. Many thanks to everybody who has posted their experience on BPL. The information here made it all possible. Yosemite 2011 - 4 Day Sol...

July 31, 3:03am

Day Hikes
Thanks Jon. We're going to a site near Dinkey Dome with a group the first weekend of August this summer. Maybe we'll see you in the area. ~Andy.

In Hiking Partners / Group Trip Announcements » Day hikes in Dinkey Lakes Wilderness
July 20, 1:06am

All Reader Reviews by Andy Duncan

Showing 1 - 3 of 3 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Titanium Goat AGP AGP
I used these poles on the JMT last summer and had no problems. They are extremely light and the grips and very comfortable. The locking system is smooth and flawless. I have used them in snow and mile...

In Trekking Poles
July 06, 11:20pm

Thermarest Neo-Air
After using the large (19oz) for the extra 5" in width and the regular (14 oz) to save a little weight I finally just settled on the small (9 oz). It's lightweight and perfect as an extended ...

In Sleeping Pads - Inflatable
October 01, 2:24am

zpacks Company
I ordered a Hexamid Tent on Sept. 1st and received it on the extact day Joe said it would mailed out. When I added some accessories to the order at the last minute he sent them without charging for th...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
October 01, 2:01am