Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Bill Fornshell (bfornshell) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale Southern Texas
About Me I have been a member here since 24 August, 2003.

I believe in SUL and Lighter, Backpacking, and make most of my own gear. If you have a question about something I have made you can read about most of it here or on my Blog.

http://ultraliteskunkworks.blogspot.com/

Please Note:

I don't make things for other people. Thanks for asking but the answer to all, is NO.
CitySan Antonio
StateTexas
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Bill Fornshell

Showing 211 - 220 of 1796 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...180

Forum » Thread

GG Polycryo / Propore Bivy
To make it easier to find the part of this thread about the GG Polycryo / Propore Bivy I decided to give this project its own Thread. Super Ultra Light / Super Ultra Cheap PT 1 - Making the Bivy...

In Make Your Own Gear » GG Polycryo / Propore Bivy
June 17, 11:30am

A case for smartphones on the trail - New version of the iPhone.
Hi all, The new iPhone coming mid-June is looking very close to what I have been waiting forNew iPhone New camera, Video, Digital Compass etc.

In Multiple Use Gear » A case for smartphones on the trail.
June 10, 1:48pm

Reverse zipper for footbox
Hi, Why don't you try a 2-way separating zipper ?

In Make Your Own Gear » Reverse zipper for footbox
June 09, 9:24pm

Thorofare zip offs
Hi, I have a nice selection of light weight #3 coil YKK 2-way Separating Zippers and when I first got mine I thought about adding side zips to the shirt and inseam zips to the pants. I was g...

In GEAR » I want Thorofare ZIP OFF Pants
June 07, 3:49pm

Super Ultra Light / Super Ultra Cheap - Frogg Toggs Poncho Bivy
Thanks to all of you that have taken some time to comment. The great part of all of this is that there is no one right answer. Their are many different ways to get to an answer and many answe...

In Make Your Own Gear » Super Ultra Light / Super Ultra Cheap
June 06, 11:32am

Super Ultra Light / Super Ultra Cheap - Frogg Toggs Poncho Bivy
Instant Bivy: I received the two Frogg Toggs Ponchos this evening from Sierra Trading Post. Three and a half days after I ordered them. Quick shipping. The Poncho is 52" wide by 87&quo...

June 05, 6:10pm

Re: Waterproof quilt
Hi Tony, I have made 2 sleeping bags out of 100% Cuben and used Primaloft One for one sleeping bag and Climashield XP for the other. Both sleeping bags have Cuben non-insulated bottoms. I m...

In Make Your Own Gear » Waterproof quilt
June 05, 12:05pm

Climashield Combat - Sleeping Bag
Tornado, I am 6' tall. When you sew the ends together you lose length. Some will go for seam allowance and some will go when you make the "fold over" for the draw cord. Before...

In Make Your Own Gear » Climashield Combat - Sleeping Bag
June 03, 7:49pm

Dimension of climashield bag - Pattern
As you can see the pattern paper has 4 lines on it each in a different color. 1. Starting at the top or with the Green line, the Green line width is 50". 2. The Purple line width is 30&q...

In Make Your Own Gear » Climashield Combat - Sleeping Bag
June 03, 2:31pm

Super Ultra Light / Super Ultra Cheap - pt 1 Bivy
This is all about MYOG but a long spoon from some ice cream place works as it should be free. ===== Super Ultra Light / Super Ultra Cheap PT 1 - Making the Bivy: The first picture shows th...

June 02, 7:57pm

All Reader Reviews by Bill Fornshell

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

BMW (BPL) UL 60 Balaclava
Cocoon UL 60 Balaclava - Multi-Purpose - 5/5 I have had my Cocoon Balaclava since they first shipped. When I got it I was in the middle of several things and just looked it over, put it on, bless...

In Clothing - Headwear, Handwear
July 08, 10:08pm

OR (Outdoor Research)
During the planning for my AT Hike this coming January I got out my old OR Advanced Bivy. I had used it only a few times after I bought it about 10 years ago and wanted to have a good look at it set ...

In 1 - COMPANIES (Customer Service)
December 29, 4:41pm

BackpackingLight.com Premium Membership
1. Being able to have a picture and a little information about us all and a possible way to send a private email to other members. 2. A list of all our replies to threads in date order. This alone ...

In Books and Media
October 27, 8:16pm

Patagonia Dragonfly pullover
I have to agree with everyone about the Patagonia DragonFly. I bought 2 on a close-out sale for $29.95 each. You can't hardly beat that for a really great piece of gear.

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
December 19, 9:22am