BPL Community Profile

Paul Wagner (balzaccom) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wine Country
About Me Decades of hiking and backpacking in the Sierra...and beyond. Check out our website for fun, stories, trip reports, photos and philosophy!
CityNapa
StateCA
My Website URLhttps://sites.google.com/site/backpackthesierra/home

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Wagner

Showing 211 - 220 of 366 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...37

Forum » Thread

High Sierra Topix
Has a great group of experts, and they are very willing to offer advice.

In On the Web » Roundup of Backpacking Forums
September 06, 9:20am

If you have to ask
This is a really good example of the kind of question that should get the following answer: If you have to ask how far away from outlet you would have to swim to be safe, you shouldn't atte...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Safe swimming-distance from lake-outflux?
September 05, 9:23am

Piute Lake
That's all granite there. You can see where you are going. Just use good judgement in terms of route finding and you should be OK. There are always a few cairns there, to help lead you...to ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Emigrant Wilderness Piute Lake Question
September 03, 10:54pm

A means, not an end
The goal is a great backpacking trip, A lighter pack makes that easier, but it isn't the end goal. EVerything is a compromise, and our packs are a compromise between cost, weight and comfort....

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » How important is pack weight to your overall experience?
August 31, 5:21pm

Convenience
Emigrant does have the advantage of free permits and no trail quotas!

In Post-Trip Reports » Iceland Lake--Emigrant Wilderness
August 29, 10:03pm

Lassen
THere are some wonderful dayhikes in Lassen. Take the look from Summit Lake through Bear Lakes, Silver Lake, Feather Lake, Twin Lakes and Echo Lake. I think there are 13 lakes in ten miles. Love...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Lassen National Park (Favorite hike?)
August 29, 10:00pm

Knees
How old are you? I have mild arthritis in both knees. And it hurts when I do too much downhill. Advil and hiking poles both seem to help.

In Post-Trip Reports » Ever get a bruised knee bone from doing a long hike?
August 23, 4:46pm

A word of warning?
The local sheriff told us about a very sophisticated group of thieves this year who were subscribing to all the latest environmental newsletters to see who had installed new solar energy systems. ...

In Pre-Trip Planning » A word of warning?
August 22, 9:57am

sans permit
As a result of this conversation, I have learned that in Carson Pass, you only need a permit if you hike SOUTH inthe the Carson-Iceberg Wilderness. If you hike NORTH, as we did, you only need a...

In Pre-Trip Planning » What if you don't have a permit?
August 21, 4:18pm

we balance things out
I carry about 30% more than my wife. And I am 30% bigger. And that's no only fair--it's part of being a couple. Which is why I am still backpacking with my wife of 35 years....and a lo...

In Philosophy & Technique » Anyone Practice Trail Communism?
August 21, 4:14pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner has posted no reviews.