BPL Community Profile

Paul Wagner (balzaccom) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wine Country
About Me Decades of hiking and backpacking in the Sierra...and beyond. Check out our website for fun, stories, trip reports, photos and philosophy!
CityNapa
StateCA
My Website URLhttps://sites.google.com/site/backpackthesierra/home

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Wagner

Showing 211 - 220 of 418 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...42

Forum » Thread

Vegas to SF
I know you are from Russia, but the best backpacking in California is actually in the Sierra Nevada---and they are covered in snow right now. Unless you really want a winter adventure, I'd adv...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Badly need advice. 5-7 days. California. Early April.
March 04, 11:48am

Jennie Lakes
You can hike into this area either from Lodgepole or Rowell Meadows...and then wander across a fair amount of territory, including Silliman Pass and beyond. Lovely stuff.

In Pre-Trip Planning » West Side Entrance of SEKI 4-5 day Trip Ideas
March 03, 9:52pm

Don't forget the hardward
As David noted--a rope without the harness and hardware is just added weight. And if you don't know what kind of hardware you'll need, go with someone who does. That doesn't seem t...

In GEAR » Rope for Scrambling
February 10, 9:11am

Local fire stations
I always get mine from the local CDF fire station about four miles away from my house. They never ask any questions---in fact, I usually have to help them with the form... But once I have it, i...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Question about California campfire permits.
February 03, 10:15pm

Yosemite in Spring
The obvious choices are the Rancheria Falls trail out of Hetch-hetchy (or something else in that area: Laurel Lake, etc,) or the North Rim, which in a light snow year gets enough sun to be passable...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Yosemite
January 24, 4:36pm

suitcase
WE just put ours in a larger suitcase...and leave the suitcase at a trailhead hotel. works fine

In GEAR » Tips on flying with Backpack in checked in baggage
January 24, 4:26pm

wicked thoughts
Thanks Raquel. I'll have to track down that book and check it out!

In Philosophy & Technique » Women and men on the trail
January 17, 9:02am

Women and men on the trail
Yes, it’s different. When we hike in the Sierra, we don’t see many couples hiking together. We see a lot of men, and a few groups of women. But plain old couples like us, not so much. And i...

In Philosophy & Technique » Women and men on the trail
January 16, 6:18pm

Long list
Pocket Rocket Stve ALuminum cookpot found abandoned in a campsite years ago Small Buck knife that was a gift from my wife Single wall tent I made years ago Zip off pants and US Navy short sleev...

In GEAR » What haven't you replaced?
January 12, 9:26am

Re: Knife
You know the old saying "rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it". I don't think that's in the ultralight handbook...

In GEAR » Where does durability win over light weight?
January 10, 10:00am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner has posted no reviews.