BPL Community Profile

Paul Wagner (balzaccom) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wine Country
About Me Decades of hiking and backpacking in the Sierra...and beyond. Check out our website for fun, stories, trip reports, photos and philosophy!
CityNapa
StateCA
My Website URLhttps://sites.google.com/site/backpackthesierra/home

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Wagner

Showing 211 - 220 of 395 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...40

Forum » Thread

Re: Re: Re: Unintended consequences
Nice job of taking what I posted out of context. Let's try that again. I wrote: Can we provide better mental health care? Absolutely. And we should. As for some of these other posts: ...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 17, 6:20pm

assault weapons
"Common hunting rifles, the .35 Marlin, 30-30 Remington, .270 Winchester 30.06 Springfield are all 30 caliber rounds and all possess vastly more stopping power than the Bushmaster or any other...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 17, 4:37pm

Re: Unintended consequences
A very thoughtful post, David. Thank you. I, too, have spent hundreds of hours on school campuses as a volunteer, and see things very much the same way that you do. Can we provide better men...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 17, 12:55pm

Not a silly question
Not silly at all. But very difficult for us to answer for you. When I was young, I would regularly hike 12+ miles a day with a 45+ pound pack, and often much farther than that. These days (now 60...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mileage estimates
December 12, 12:28pm

What gets used
For our G-Lite 50s, we put the stuff we are going to use once we get to camp in the bottom of the pack...Sleeping bag and pad, followed by the tent and bear can. Then we wedge our extra clothes ar...

In GEAR » How do you pack?
December 05, 9:13am

Common sense
You sound entirely too rational, Mary. That's no fun. Now if you took a wildly outrageous position, and then defended it against all odds and all comers...we could have a flame war here. ...

In On the Web » Whiteblaze.net is Anti-ultralight
December 02, 6:54pm

FWIW
Your comments encouraged me to stop in the WB forums to see what was going on. Ho hum. There are plenty of people on all sides, and enough curmudgeons to keep everyone entertained. Not sure i...

In On the Web » Whiteblaze.net is Anti-ultralight
December 02, 10:14am

wading for fun
That's a terrifying story. I haven't had this problem, but I've seen it happen. We were hiking up the Mono Creek drainage last 4th of July, and it was during high snowmelt. We...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » River Crossings Gone Bad
December 02, 10:09am

signs
We liked this map at the Granite Creek Trailhead in the Ansel Adams Wilderness: https://picasaweb.google.com/balzaccom/BackpackingTheSierraNevadaAnselAdamsWilderness2011#5649041105349188530 A...

In Chaff » Love this sign!
November 29, 8:51am

noob
And I think you can tell, Jennifer, that we've all been there!

In GEAR » Embarrassing noob alky stove question...
November 29, 8:36am

All Reader Reviews by Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner has posted no reviews.