BPL Community Profile

Paul Wagner (balzaccom) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Wine Country
About Me Decades of hiking and backpacking in the Sierra...and beyond. Check out our website for fun, stories, trip reports, photos and philosophy!
CityNapa
StateCA
My Website URLhttps://sites.google.com/site/backpackthesierra/home

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Paul Wagner

Showing 211 - 220 of 401 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...41

Forum » Thread

Trip plans
We've got two trips in the plans...one from Sonora Pass to Hetch-Hetchy, the other one probably into Cloud Canyon in SEKI. And we'll fill in as usual with a few other 2-4 day trips as well...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 2013 Plans
December 29, 8:32pm

Our two cents
There's a moral issue, a legal issue, and a technical issue. The moral issue is in some ways simpler. If you believe that you are really doing a perfect job of leaving no trace, and you ca...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Following the Rules in U.S. Forests?
December 28, 7:57am

And my nice list...
The National Park Service and USFS rangers, staff and volunteers who are unfailingly nice and helpful—often in the face of some of the very idiots we mentioned yesterday. These are really good p...

In Philosophy & Technique » And my nice list...
December 19, 9:55am

regulation
MB "We don't regulate the sale of cars. We tax and liscense if you want them registered. That's a difference. I can buy a car from joe and keep it on my place no problem. Even easie...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 18, 6:32pm

Re: guns
MB We regulate private sales of cars quite successfully. Why shouldn't we do the same with guns? And for those who do seems to constantly confuse cars with guns: Cars are designed to t...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 18, 3:56pm

Naughty list for 2012
Every year we make a list of people who really should know better. May Santa bring them coal for their stockings and a plague of mosquitoes wherever they go. Here's this year's list: ...

In Philosophy & Technique » Naughty list for 2012
December 18, 9:14am

Re: Re: Re: Unintended consequences
Nice job of taking what I posted out of context. Let's try that again. I wrote: Can we provide better mental health care? Absolutely. And we should. As for some of these other posts: ...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 17, 6:20pm

assault weapons
"Common hunting rifles, the .35 Marlin, 30-30 Remington, .270 Winchester 30.06 Springfield are all 30 caliber rounds and all possess vastly more stopping power than the Bushmaster or any other...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 17, 4:37pm

Re: Unintended consequences
A very thoughtful post, David. Thank you. I, too, have spent hundreds of hours on school campuses as a volunteer, and see things very much the same way that you do. Can we provide better men...

In Chaff » Newtown
December 17, 12:55pm

Not a silly question
Not silly at all. But very difficult for us to answer for you. When I was young, I would regularly hike 12+ miles a day with a 45+ pound pack, and often much farther than that. These days (now 60...

In Pre-Trip Planning » Mileage estimates
December 12, 12:28pm

All Reader Reviews by Paul Wagner

Paul Wagner has posted no reviews.