BPL Community Profile

ROBERT TANGEN (RobertM2S) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Lake Tahoe
About Me From planet Bllffftx.
CityReno
StateNV
CountryUSA

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 211 - 220 of 529 | Page: 1 ...13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ...53

Forum » Thread

No Guiding Light?
Re: "No guiding light." In Stock: Free shipping on orders over $50! (limited to lower 48 US states) http://www.prolitegear.com/black_diamond_guiding_light.html Price: $599.95 Sale Pric...

In GEAR » Shelter for Denali
August 24, 6:17pm

Shelter for Denali
This from an owner of the Bibler Bombshelter (Four interior poles intersect seven times for maximum strength, and two attached vestibules provide covered entries and room for everyone's gear. ...

In GEAR » Shelter for Denali
August 20, 8:41pm

Bear attack
Re: "You have to kill instantly to stop a charging bear!" I'm no expert, but I seem to recall that some hunters deliberately aim for the chest / shoulder in the case of a charging be...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » 1 dead, 2 injured in Montana bear attack
July 29, 6:00pm

Step cutting?
Re: Ice axe, "1 per group for step cutting belayed snow gully crossings." David, could you expand on that a little?

In Gear Lists » adding gear for mountaineering?
July 27, 8:19pm

Caffin's Boomerang
I know that on past climbs, Roger Caffin has tossed a very large boomerang with an attached rope, which then flies around the tree and comes neatly right back into his throwing hand.

In GEAR » Grappling Hooks
July 27, 8:13pm

Boots
You might consider going to http/cascadeclimbers.com and asking there. They are Pacific Northwest climbers.

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Boots for Mt Shuksan!
June 05, 4:19pm

Goo
Thanks

In GEAR » Minimalist Footwear Recommendations for Hiking
June 03, 2:08pm

Re: Re: Asics Piranahs
Is there any glue, liquid rubber, epoxy, or other substance one could paint on them to toughen them up? I hate to give up the great fit and extreme light weight of the Piranahs.

June 02, 1:04pm

Asics Piranah
I love my Asics Piranahs. Comfy right out of the box. Like Roman Dial, I use Salomons for my 1,000-mile hikes.

June 01, 9:32pm

4.5 oz ice axe
I don't believe there is a workable axe that light. I own a "potty trowel" that looks like an ice axe, with a carbon fiber shaft and a titanium pick / adze, and it is better than a s...

In GEAR » Ice axe / crampons for early July JMT
May 24, 11:34pm

All Reader Reviews by ROBERT TANGEN

Showing 1 - 4 of 4 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Zpacks Arc Blast 60 liter
I received my Zpacks Arc Blast, the large 60 liter, 17.0 oz. size for winter loads, and love it. If you are worried about getting poked, don’t worry, the stays terminate at the bottom end BEHIND the ...

In Backpacks - External Frame
September 13, 6:24pm

Rab Boreas extremely thin soft shell
1. David Chenault: “I'm a huge fan. It's been a great layer for BC skiing thus far. I expect it to be fairly bug proof too.” 2. Noted mountain climber Nils Nielsen: “The last month I’ve be...

In Clothing - Wind & Soft Shell
March 06, 3:44pm

WalMart / "Starter" compression shorts
(Others have written that they like these, and I agree.) The WalMart / “Starter” compression shorts are: 1. Long enough to prevent abrasion, even if you have massively muscled, Greek God-like thighs...

In Clothing - Baselayer & Fleece - SYNTHETIC
May 02, 1:12pm

MLD 2009 Revelation
Five Stars! I love the new 2009 Revelation from Mountain Laurel Designs! I haven’t wrung it out like Ryan Jordan did for the pack he recently reviewed, so I don’t have his detailed data base, but th...

In Backpacks - Frameless
May 21, 6:12pm