BPL Community Profile

john Tier (Peter_pan) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale Co-Owner Jacks 'R' Better, LLC, VA
About Me Co-Owner of Jacks 'R' Better LLC
Citywilliamsburg
StateVA
My Website URLhttp://www.jacksrbetter.com

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by john Tier

Showing 211 - 220 of 248 | Page: 1 ...6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

Forum » Thread

One way to make gortex socks work
I don't use these any more but years ago I learned a trick... First I was using gortex socks marketed thru Cabelas circa 1982....lasted for a long time (low use)They were to bunchy in hiking sho...

In GEAR » Gore Tex Socks - any comments/ review?
April 17, 10:00am

Re: Synthetics
The weights listed for material and insulation are normally per square yard...not a running yard , which is how it is sold....so recompute the material requirements with all seam allowances, get to...

In GEAR » Synthetics
April 10, 3:58pm

Re: OK BPL, we need the BPL-ometer
I don't know about a meter...but...I do know that I hike longer, with less turned ankles and less stressed knees with poles...The benefits are so great IMHO that it is probably doubtfull if I would...

In GEAR » Are poles effective and PP poles more so?
April 06, 2:44pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: camp shoes
Saw China knock offs of Crocks in Wally World yesterday for $ 7.88....they may have been slightly lighter (no scale with me) but the foam was harder than the 3 year old Waldies that I was wearing a...

In GEAR » Camp Shoes
March 02, 6:20am

Re: Re: dissection a mini-bic
Much easier to take a safety pin, place it on the side of the Bic so that the little circle end sticks out and then wrap a foot of 1 inch wide duct tape around it.. then place on any lanyard or dum...

In GEAR » dissection a mini-bic
February 28, 5:59am

Re: Re: To refute...
I agree on the need....but....you don't have to carry a knife if you learn to be a proficient Knapper... as long as the area has a supply of knappable stone.... Pan

In GEAR » Light Fixed Blade? Any knife knuts here?
February 24, 2:43pm

Re: Re: Hammock warmth 3
Dane, Quilts are perfect answers in hammocks...Whatever you tuck in, stays tucked...no muss, no fuss, no extra weight. But then I'm biased. Pan

In GEAR » UL hommock camping
February 23, 1:59pm

Re: Speer Top Blanket or JRB No Sniveller?
Andrew, Take a good look at the specs on both models... your intial post appears to have some in accuracies. Pan

In GEAR » Speer Top Blanket or JRB No Sniveller?
February 21, 7:17am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tarp set up
Paul, JRB STL weigh 11.5 grams per 9 foot plus line with tnsioner...As to use, I recon the chosen pitch would dictate the likely stretch to be negated...in an "A" pitch probably the four corners...

In Philosophy & Technique » Benchmark time for Tarp Set Up?
February 13, 3:33pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: tarp set up
Vick, If you use Self Tensioning Lines STL you won'y have to make any adjustments for routine silnyl stretch when wet. jack

In Philosophy & Technique » Benchmark time for Tarp Set Up?
February 13, 9:14am

All Reader Reviews by john Tier

Showing 1 - 1 of 1 | Page: 1

Review

Category

Equinox Silnylon Poncho
Agree with Richard on the mods.... all easy to do....I've had the extended length model for over 4 years and it is super through the mid season.... and yes it will cover a HH. Here is my mod......

In Clothing - Raingear
September 22, 6:10pm